• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boris Johnson made foreign secretary by Theresa May

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is serious and i don't want to laugh. Sorry UK-GAF but ...
TaTdV.gif
QnkwB.gif

commedieu

Banned
Wow. Well..

Being that this is the Berenstain timeline.

Trumps definitely winning.

Gg everyone thanks for playing.

Tip your waiters.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
So what enterprising Billionaire/Country is going to proceed to clean the UK's financial clock with this development?

Hasney

Fuck off eagle you'd be even more useless than corbyn.

Oh Eagle is great isn't she, bouncing around, not even going to be the next leader of Labour...

Just realised her entire point there was going to be about how Boris never gets put into a high position :Lol. Just like that leadership launch, fantastic.

Azzanadra

Yiiiikes. What a mess. I have heard nothing but the worst of this guy.

It's official. The UK is no longer entitled in mocking the U.S.

Trump's still in the running, I think its fair to say we should wait until the general is over.

And even then, its not like people akin to Ted Cruz just disappeared from their role in government. Republicans still exist, and unlike UKIP, this far right party is one that can win and has won in the past.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

HAHAHAHA this is a great response. He even high fives a black guy

But seriously May is giving the Brexit cunts (-Gove who can't be trusted) David, Fox and Boris jobs that will make or break them. Most likely break. Win-win. For her. Not the country.

This is what the new Home Secretary, Amber Rudd, had to say about Boris Johnson once.

Boris is the life and soul of the party but he isn’t the man you want driving you home at the end of the evening.

Read into that what you will.

Tenebrous

HAHAHAHA this is a great response. He even high fives a black guy

But seriously May is giving the Brexit cunts (-Gove who can't be trusted) David, Fox and Boris jobs that will make or break them. Most likely break. Win-win. For her. Not the country.

If Boris makes it, though, I can see him being the next Tory leader...

Acorn

Oh Eagle is great isn't she, bouncing around, not even going to be the next leader of Labour...

Just realised her entire point there was going to be about how Boris never gets put into a high position :Lol. Just like that leadership launch, fantastic.
Yep. Nobody even knows her and those that do know she's terrible if you're gonna go with a leadership challenge maybe pick someone who increases your chances.

barik

Yiiiikes. What a mess. I have heard nothing but the worst of this guy.

It's official. The UK is no longer entitled in mocking the U.S.

Speaking as an outsider, I think it's fair to say that both nations need to get their shit together.

Maybe the world as a whole does, come to think of it.

So is there a way to completely ignore what he does? Like he acts like a fool and shit, but the UK can just move on without his poor decisions?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
It's a clever move, America needs to be taught not to elect Trump and by giving this role to an absolute ring-piece like Boris who even looks exactly like trump.... He can fuck it all up so the USA doesn't have to. this is UK taking one for the team, thanks bros.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
He might have some explaining to do when he meets the Turkish President in his new role. Back in May, Boris bagged first prize for his entry in the Spectator’s President Erdogan Offensive Poetry Competition. Here’s his prize-winning poem:

There was a young fellow from Ankara
Who was a terrific wankerer
Till he sowed his wild oats
With the help of a goat
But he didn’t even stop to thankera.

And Boris might now be wishing he hadn't referred to Hillary Clinton as 'a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital'. The newspapers will no doubt have a lot of fun compiling some of his least diplomatic comments...

Though Fraser Nelson over at The Spectator sees his appointment as a positive thing.

Giving Boris Johnson the role of Foreign Secretary is probably the smartest single move that Theresa May will make in tonight’s reshuffle. It could well turn out to be one of the most important jobs in the Brexit era – a job of selling Britain to the world. A job that means explaining what George Osborne could not: that the Brexit vote was the act of a self-confident nation keen to make to friends and strike new alliances. That Brexit was not the sign of a Little England but of a country that has had enough of a Little Europe and wanted to lift its sights to more distant horizons. My biggest single concern of the May era is that Brexit might be interpreted by its opponents who saw it as vaguely xenophobic, or the sign of a nation looking in on itself. May’s holding line – 'Brexit means Brexit' – suggests even she hadn’t worked out how to describe Brexit. But Boris, as Foreign Secretary, will be the person who explains Britain to the world: a job that has been revitalised by act of Brexit.

His first task will be root-and-branch reform of the Foreign Office itself: too many diplomats saw Brexit as a disaster, and could not bring themselves to convey the message that this was the greatest-ever vote of confidence in the project of the United Kingdom; that Britain was too globally-minded to fit in the constraints of an EU that seemed to regard its mission as erecting a wall around Europe. Brexit should mean a revitalised Foreign Office, suddenly rediscovering the trade negotiating skills that it lost in the 1970s. What the Foreign Office needs more than anything else is an injection of optimism. And I can’t think of anyone better placed to deliver that injection than Boris Johnson.

How can anyone follow a train of thought that leads to "you know, it's a good idea to make our highest ranking diplomat this insensitive xenophobic cunt who, as it happens, just last month was running our country into the ground for personal political gain" ?

That's the kind of premise that makes you roll your eyes in sci-fi stories.

Acorn

He might have some explaining to do when he meets the Turkish President in his new role. Back in May, Boris bagged first prize for his entry in the Spectator’s President Erdogan Offensive Poetry Competition. Here’s his prize-winning poem:

With the help of a goat

And Boris might now be wishing he hadn't referred to Hillary Clinton as 'a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital'. The newspapers will no doubt have a lot of fun compiling some of his least diplomatic comments...

Though Fraser Nelson over at The Spectator sees HI's appointment as a positive thing.
That last paragraph is hilarious, the left gets shit for fairytales all the time but the right is in full on eu fan fiction mode.

This is a positive? IS FRASER NELSON FUCKING HIGH????
Last time he tried to explain it, it was essentially having his cake and eating it. And selling it, I guess. Then he dropped off the face of the earth for a few days.

I love the part where he says "let's purge the foreign office, we need optimism", that's the new "who needs experts".

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

With the help of a goat

Though Fraser Nelson over at The Spectator sees his appointment as a positive thing.

This would be interesting, knowing how Erdogan reacted to the German comic and in general to any kind of attack from the press. UK was pretty close to Turkey diplomatically, so who knows, but quite a big pill to swallow there for Erdogan.

He was good at stopping the hysterical laugh that hit him on the inside.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Last time he tried to explain it, it was essentially having his cake and eating it. And selling it, I guess. Then he dropped off the face of the earth for a few days.

I love the part where he says "let's purge the foreign office, we need optimism", that's the new "who needs experts".

Fraser Nelson seems to be the only optimistic person around at the moment, possibly auditioning for a role in the new foreign office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom