• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

rambis

Banned
Even that comparison falls apart, but the reason I brought the manga thread is because that is what the fandom followed for new content. Just compare it to this thread or the dead Boruto manga thread and its laughable.

Don't know why some of you are in such denial. I'm a massive Naruto fan as well. Its okay if the new series is not a hit. Its expected to be honest, when you abandon the original creator and side with SP fillers and a new team that struggles to understand what made Naruto popular.
How does it fall apart and when did I say it was a hit? The only one in denial is you and its sad. You constantly make shit up and its annonying. For something that doesnt interest you, you by far post the most made up and unsourced shit in this thread. We've gotten that you arent a fan of this series since its been announced. This ongoing thread shitting should stop.

I mean I've seen most people praise the Boruto anime and a very small minority shit on it because "Original was better" mentality.

The fact that the "raping my childhood" BS is at a minimum shows that the spin off is successful to me

The manga though, yeah that one gets a lot of deserved criticism.
PM makes shit up all the time, I would really take anything he tries to convince you is true with a huge grain of salt and just look for yourself. He's literally been acting like a sour puss since this thing has been announced

Episode 10

Mail delivery was kind of fun though you can tell how inexperienced he is just how he cant even aim the mail into the boxes consistently.

Im also enjoying this steadily getting more serious ghost plot, next episode looks intense.

Also Naruto bonding scenes with Boruto are so good, smiled so much when he popped up at the ceremony part.

this episode was great

nice to see Hinata and Naruto interacting as parents

the plot moved forward and it seem we are now diving to the climax of this particular arc

Morlas

Man hinata is so underutilized in this series, and yeah i bet seeing someone who's so calm and sweet all the time get pissed off would be pretty scary lol.

LotusHD

Banned
I live for these little moments where Naruto reflects on his youth, his chat with Hinata was cute.

"I grew up without a dad."

"To be honest, I don't know how to interact with Boruto."

I know Naruto, I know. :(

Even that comparison falls apart, but the reason I brought the manga thread is because that is what the fandom followed for new content. Just compare it to this thread or the dead Boruto manga thread and its laughable.

Don't know why some of you are in such denial. I'm a massive Naruto fan as well. Its okay if the new series is not a hit. Its expected to be honest, when you abandon the original creator and side with SP fillers and a new team that struggles to understand what made Naruto popular.

But no one even said... Sigh, forget it.

Just watched episode 10.

Glad to see the plot is finally moving forward. Temari slapping Shikadai must've been rough. I wonder if Shikadai would learn some of her techniques.

ghstwrld

xaIBWKm.jpg

hhfMpEz.jpg

Good episode.

I wish they wouldn't try the scary mum angle with Hinata though. It feels so out of place and out of character, it's like they're just trying to force a similarity to Kushina.

random25

Good episode.

I wish they wouldn't try the scary mum angle with Hinata though. It feels so out of place and out of character, it's like they're just trying to force a similarity to Kushina.

They've been building it up for some time now. Boruto was already scared of disobeying his mom since the first episodes, and even the profile description of Hinata heavily implies that she's a strict parent. Besides, she only reprimanded him. Not like she hit him or anything. Even Shikadai said so.

Morlas

yeah it's not surprising to me that hinata would be the gentle but firm type of parent, nicest in the world, but god help you if you screw up young man.

Pein

Banned
My heart went out to naruto when he said he didn't know how to interact him with because he didn't have a dad, like naruto and Hinata just being parents was such a good moment. Stuff like that makes me regret ever shipping narusaku lol, them just looking at their baby 😩.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Episode 10

Mail delivery was kind of fun though you can tell how inexperienced he is just how he cant even aim the mail into the boxes consistently.

Im also enjoying this steadily getting more serious ghost plot, next episode looks intense.

Also Naruto bonding scenes with Boruto are so good, smiled so much when he popped up at the ceremony part.
Naruto practically teleporting to boruto with no reaction is just crazy to me lol

My heart went out to naruto when he said he didn't know how to interact him with because he didn't have a dad, like naruto and Hinata just being parents was such a good moment. Stuff like that makes me regret ever shipping narusaku lol, them just looking at their baby 😩.

Its this stuff and the part in an earlier ep. where it was said to Naturo in other words but that Boruto is a lil shit disturber like his dad was.

The Naruto/Boruto dynamic is the stuff I really want from this series.

foxuzamaki

This is actually exactly what i wanted from the boruto series, i wanted it to mostly be about boruto and how he interacts with his peers and with naruto's generation, kind of like a SoL style narrative.

Its actually more action heavy then i wanted it, but this is probably better overall

EhoaVash

Man wtf Hinata didn't take shino's advice about telling Naruto to be a better parent. Hell she was willing to ignore his advice for a second.

While it was touching that naruto basically said he didn't know how to interact with boruto, Hinata should have told him something about how much his work life is ruining shit with his family.

foxuzamaki

Man wtf Hinata didn't take shino's advice about telling Naruto to be a better parent. Hell she was willing to ignore his advice for a second.

While it was touching that naruto basically said he didn't know how to interact with boruto, Hinata should have told him something about how much his work life is ruining shit with his family.

That seems to be her character flaw right now

:eek:

Maybe Gaiden will come soon. SP taking 2+ years to animate canon smh.

This is SP's writing. Kishi had Hinata accept Naruto was mostly absent but his work was very important to the entire village.

Pein

Banned

Well he did say he wished boruto could be a kid longer, its not like he doesn't recognize that he's not doing enough. Goddamn give that man a committee to get shit done so he can just do shit that he wants.

I also wonder what kakashi is doing? I'd like him to get some spotlight.

They've been building it up for some time now. Boruto was already scared of disobeying his mom since the first episodes, and even the profile description of Hinata heavily implies that she's a strict parent. Besides, she only reprimanded him. Not like she hit him or anything. Even Shikadai said so.

No, they haven't. They just had Boruto remark his mother was scary. That's not build up. There was never anything to suggest Hinata would be that kind of parent. It just feels like they just want to force the similarity to Kushina, probably because she told Naruto to find someone like her.

Everybody's scared of their mom fam

To an extent, sure, but Hinata always struck me as the mom you'd be afraid to disappoint, not anger. Unlike say Temari and Sakura, who were always intimidating.

This isn't anything major, I just don't like it.

Shouta

Hinata wasn't anything like Kushina in this episode, lol. Kushina's gag component was her always being wildly mad and over the top while still being a caring person. It made her less scary as a result, just more funny when it happened. Hinata is totally the flip. Her primary mode is mother but so when she gets mad, it's kind of scary, especially when you see her Byakugan veins pulsing and she gives that cold stare, lol. It's even scarier when you consider that this was the first time she's ever gotten mad like this even including when she was younger, at least as far as I can remember.

Anyway, that Hinata/Naruto moment was pretty great. It's stuff like this that makes this show enjoyable. It's also why I enjoyed the Naruto filler though those were a lot more shoddy.

I don't see a forced Kushina thing at all, I don't think it's uncommon to portray a mom like that.

Watch Boruto the movie and tell me with a straight face Boruto is one bit scared of Hinata's discipline haha

But yeah, its not close to Kushina. That would be more like what Sakura did in Gaiden lol

they're redoing the movie too, right? does Salad-sis' story take place before or after?

Before.

Sesha

Hinata wasn't being a scary mom. It was simply Boruto being afraid of her getting mad. Temari on the other hand is a scary mom. And a bad one who hits her child because apparently child abuse is still funny.

random25

No, they haven't. They just had Boruto remark his mother was scary. That's not build up. There was never anything to suggest Hinata would be that kind of parent. It just feels like they just want to force the similarity to Kushina, probably because she told Naruto to find someone like her.

Lol no. We don't know what kind of mother Kushina was because she died before performing her mother duties. We just see her interact with Naruto in a very short time in his mind, in which she punched him. So there's really no comparison. Also, Hinata just scolded her kid, like you know, an ordinary caring parent would. That's what the definition of "scary" to Boruto is. So I don't see where the forced similarities are.

LotusHD

Banned
Hinata wasn't being a scary mom. It was simply Boruto being afraid of her getting mad. Temari on the other hand is a scary mom. And a bad one who hits her child because apparently child abuse is still funny.

Child abuse isn't funny, but considering the universe they live in, as well as their occupations, it's a lost cause lol

Morlas

isn't it a common trope that when someone is super nice all the time, they're really scary when they get mad, like not over the top shouting angry, but really really pissed off trying to restrain themselves but you can tell they could go off on you at any second.

LotusHD

Banned
isn't it a common trope that when someone is super nice all the time, they're really scary when they get mad, like not over the top shouting angry, but really really pissed off trying to restrain themselves but you can tell they could go off on you at any second.

Yup

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I just watched the movie, after watching the ten episodes.
It seems kinda weird because now we know that the abilities of the characters won't change drastically for a while, as well as Boruto's personality. And I guess Boruto didn't use his super-special eye because whatever.
They need to hurry up and get out of the academy, since they're already taking the Chuunin exam in the film.

Are they going to remake while changing the movies a bit when they get to it?
If so I'd rather they change the last fight because I thought it was dumb how they took a pitiful genin into such a big and important battle, and then gave him the spotlight just cuz. It's fine for a movie but in a show you'll just think "how do you go up from there"?

EDIT: Spoiler-tagged just in case.

Episode 11

Getting everyone involved made me smile and was so good.

Also Naruto pulling Boruto ear and Boruto complaining was lol.

Shino-sensei finally did something good for once, like that he was a supporter of Boruto, though couldnt feel bad for Naruto, he just wanted to keep him safe.

I think Sai might fall to the ghost next perhaps.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I had no idea it was a OT for this. I've been watching since the first episode. I'm kinda happy this series isn't following the movie's arc...yet.

Top Bottom