• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

yencid

Didnt realize there was a thread for this!

im really truly enjoying this show. I screamed in frustration today because i wanted to find out what would happen that badly lol. Its got me hooked, and i was never big on the original naruto either.

Watched the episode this morning.

Mitsuki is more likable as the series goes on. I know it won't happen because it's a shounen anime but I want the class rep. dead. Got frustrated when the fight was about to get real and the episode ended xD.

LotusHD

Banned
Best episode yet, liked how the tone shifted. Also I love episodes where that seemingly insignificant character actually turns out to be important lol

Pein

Banned
Watched the episode this morning.

Mitsuki is more likable as the series goes on. I know it won't happen because it's a shounen anime but I want the class rep. dead. Got frustrated when the fight was about to get real and the episode ended xD.

They could pull a haku and make her tragic.

Best episode yet, liked how the tone shifted. Also I love episodes where that seemingly insignificant character actually turns out to be important lol

I kinda love now how everyone before (including me) was hating on Sumire for her personality and her design that seemed "flat" and then she ended up being what she is now.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
tbh, after this plot is over, they should time skip to the plot from the opening scene of the series with the whole town destroyed and Boruto being the only one alive. The biggest mystery of that scene was his eye. Now we know.

tbh, after this plot is over, they should time skip to the plot from the opening scene of the series with the whole town destroyed and Boruto being the only one alive. The biggest mystery of that scene was his eye. Now we know.
Idk about all that but at least a year or two after the movie would be good

I'm starting to think that at some point Kakashi will train Boruto, hope I'm right.

I don't think we'll get to see the chunin exams again (from the movie) soon, maybe next year. I mean, we have to see the graduation (which may happen by the end of this arc if the ending is an indication of it), then some missions, one of which has to be dangerous enough that makes Konohamaru feel that they are ready to take the chunin exams. At some point we also have to see Sasuke coming back as part of Sarada gaiden. I wouldn't like to see them rushing this part or they'll risk to make the same mistakes Kishimoto did with Naruto.

ghstwrld

DHNGEf0.jpg
xtGoEK5.gif

Sorry, I still don't like her guys.

She'll be better once she's dead.

yeah, the reveal doesn't retroactively makeup for the all the dryness in the beginning

Are any of you guys reading the manga as well? Would it ruin or confuse the anime for me?

Also I went back and saw the first episode. I always thought the older Boruto was fighting Denki, but apparently it's some other dude named Kawaki. Every episode I'm always eyeing Denki because I thought he would be betraying Boruto eventually.

Mitsuki is great, but I'm honestly surprised that he seemingly still work for Orochimaru. I thought he would be on his own after his gaiden manga.

LotusHD

Banned
I didn't say it did, just seems weird to want her to just die now, especially when there's not really a strong opinion to be had of her just yet.

If becoming an edgelord that wants everyone in Konoha dead is necessary in order to become an interesting character, now I understand why Sasuke became the center of the manga...

Khezu

She isn't full edgelord, she is just misguided and being controlled by her dead dads brainwashing.

A little bit of help from Sai and she will be as good as new.

I want her to live and be a mix of her villain and class rep personas.

She has a cool design, and neat powers.

Significantly better then all the other female Boruto characters right now.

MartyStu

She isn't full edgelord, she is just misguided and being controlled by her dead dads brainwashing.

A little bit of help from Sai and she will be as good as new.

I want her to live and be a mix of her villain and class rep personas.

She has a cool design, and neat powers.

Significantly better then all the other female Boruto characters right now.

Cho-Cho is a great side character. And both she and Sarada should get some work next arc.

But I do agree that for now, what we see of her in the latest episode is the most interesting female character in the show. It does not retroactively make her from before interesting, but it is a solid foundation for the future.

Also...

I just had a sickening realization: the show writers might crowbar Boruto into the Gaiden arc.

Are any of you guys reading the manga as well? Would it ruin or confuse the anime for me?

Also I went back and saw the first episode. I always thought the older Boruto was fighting Denki, but apparently it's some other dude named Kawaki. Every episode I'm always eyeing Denki because I thought he would be betraying Boruto eventually.

the manga is a year ahead in the timeline (not with content though)

I would say that you just need to watch the Anime since the anime is currently on pre-Boruto the movie on which the manga didn't do since it dove straight into the Boruto the movie and now is only like 3 chapters post that arc.

Also currently the anime is more interesting then the manga.

Anime has more Mitsuki who is greatest character so it's automatically better than the movie and manga.

Also, this anime arc has been better than anything post pain arc in Naruto.

weshes195

Hey so I didn't realize that Boroto existed and I am very interested in watching. I stoped watching Naruto when his heart stopped near the ending area.

Is the anime/movie/manga better than during that time? The quality really took a nosedive. Reading the comments makes it look like that this is good! Is the anime an adaption of the manga (I know they are usually but I thought I heard this was a prequel?)? Should I watch the movie before watching the anime and reading the manga?

Thanks!

Moaradin

The manga is its own separate thing right now, and isn't very good from what I've seen. The anime is pretty dang good though, and the movie is great. I'd recommend them.

Effect

The manga is its own separate thing right now, and isn't very good from what I've seen. The anime is pretty dang good though, and the movie is great. I'd recommend them.

Yeah I haven't been seeing many good reactions to the manga. From monthly format, to them retelling the film for several months (big mistake since there was no change I believe) and then when it finally came to new content people haven't been liking it, nor the character designs. Compared to the anime where things have been pretty positive overall. They wasted so much time and effort with the manga. If they had altered events, added new characters, it might have made sense but I remember reading it was a straight up adaption of the film. If this was coming out weekly it might not have mattered but making people wait months for new content was a big mistake.

Makes me wonder if they're going to just ignore what is happening in the manga. Retell the events of the film and just go in its own direction. Maybe adapt the Sarada story since I think that was liked.

Hey so I didn't realize that Boroto existed and I am very interested in watching. I stoped watching Naruto when his heart stopped near the ending area.

Is the anime/movie/manga better than during that time? The quality really took a nosedive. Reading the comments makes it look like that this is good! Is the anime an adaption of the manga (I know they are usually but I thought I heard this was a prequel?)? Should I watch the movie before watching the anime and reading the manga?

Thanks!

1. Watch the movie, it's great and if you get bored of Boruto the movie will serve as a conclusion to Naruto. So you can watch it and move to other stuff if you think Boruto doesn't deserve your time.

2. The anime happens before the movie. So basically what's happening in the anime occurs between the ending of the Naruto manga and the start of the Boruto manga.

3. The Boruto manga retells the events of the movie (and expands on it) and right now it's showing what happens right after the movie. Art style is not very good imo, but with a little bit of luck it'll get interesting soon.

Seiniyta

I wonder when the anime gets to the movie story they just splice it into episodes with a few altered/added scenes instead of re-animating the whole thing like Dragon Ball Super did.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Shooting lightening from your eye.

tumblr_os9o3zQTzH1vu7708o1_400.gif
I'm impressed

I thought this show was going to be super low-budget but the animations is surprisingly good.

Also Boruto is turning out to be a much more likeable character than Naruto pre time-skip.

Wild Card

Consistenly impressed with how good this show looks. Is it still studio Pierrot?

Also I really like Sumire, hope she doesn't die, I also hope her personality isn't completely opposite from what we had before from now on. Best character from Boruto's class.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I just kinda wish they weren't in the academy (I know what purpose it serves though) just because it sorta contradicts what we learnt about the levels of skill in Naruto. Just go back and look at the skill level of academy students or beginner Genins and they don't look half as skilled as Boruto or many of the other students.

brinstar

I went from being someone who loved the Naruto manga and hated the anime to enjoying the Boruto anime and being disgusted by the manga

Wild Card

I just kinda wish they weren't in the academy (I know what purpose it serves though) just because it sorta contradicts what we learnt about the levels of skill in Naruto. Just go back and look at the skill level of academy students or beginner Genins and they don't look half as skilled as Boruto or many of the other students.

I think a big part of that is just being informed about their skill levels and not actually shown in early Naruto. Also I think the great animation in Boruto and choreography of the action can lead to character's looking very technically skilled. Whereas a lot of early Naruto didn't really show of the fights in the best light. Like imagine if the Naruto vs Kiba fight had been animated like Naruto vs Sasuke, even if you kept all the feats the same it would end up looking far more impressive. That's my interpretation of course.

That's true too but I do think Boruto, Mitsuki, Sadara, and Metal Lee are definitely past academy level. I don't think that's an actual narrative issue considering their circumstances/parents.

I'm impressed

I thought this show was going to be super low-budget but the animations is surprisingly good.

Also Boruto is turning out to be a much more likeable character than Naruto pre time-skip.
Its a mix. There were some painfully low budget episodes early on.

Top Bottom