• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

I just watched the movie, after watching the ten episodes.
It seems kinda weird because now we know that the abilities of the characters won't change drastically for a while, as well as Boruto's personality. And I guess Boruto didn't use his super-special eye because whatever.
They need to hurry up and get out of the academy, since they're already taking the Chuunin exam in the film.

Are they going to remake while changing the movies a bit when they get to it?
If so I'd rather they change the last fight because I thought it was dumb how they took a pitiful genin into such a big and important battle, and then gave him the spotlight just cuz. It's fine for a movie but in a show you'll just think "how do you go up from there"?

EDIT: Spoiler-tagged just in case.

No need to spoiler, movie is 2 years old.

Boruto doesn't use his special eye because that was a SP/Ikemoto retcon whilst the movie was Kishi's conclusion to the series.

Well prepare for even more stupidity, as Ikemoto wrote the recap with kage level ninja's apparently needing the assistance of a genin, that can't even pass the Chunin exams, to fight a demi-god.

I'm going to give this series a couple of more episode before I really tear into why it gets wrong nearly everything Naruto got right.

SoulUnison

Banned
Boruto's Shadow Clones need line-of-sight to the main body or they'll poof?

They specifically pointed out that his clones can take a hit without disappearing, but they have a super strict distance requirement that never came up for Naruto?

Weird.

This chapter was pretty interesting:

Mitsuki clearly knows something and all the Sumire theories (I had to search who the fuck was Sumire first... it always happens that to me with Naruto's characters... One day everyone was talking about "a guy" called Tobirama and I didn't know what the fuck they were talking about, lol).

Not only Mitsuki, but Sumire knows something too, that scene with her friends' parents wasn't for nothing.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Edit: Just learned that Sumire
is an orphan... she might've been taken by the Foundation. Suddenly she being responsible for the attacks makes even more sense.

ghstwrld

ugh @ that one scene being the extent of sakura's contributions to this episode

fuck this show
laugh.gif
bigcry.gif

They specifically pointed out that his clones can take a hit without disappearing, but they have a super strict distance requirement that never came up for Naruto?

Weird.

Well thats wrong because they get easily destroyed in Boruto the movie lol

Weird.

yeah it was weird.

He even mentioned if only he could do clones likes his Dad. Also lol at Naruto dragging Boruto by the ear.

This chapter was pretty interesting:

Mitsuki clearly knows something and all the Sumire theories (I had to search who the fuck was Sumire first... it always happens that to me with Naruto's characters... One day everyone was talking about "a guy" called Tobirama and I didn't know what the fuck they were talking about, lol).

Not only Mitsuki, but Sumire knows something too, that scene with her friends' parents wasn't for nothing.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Edit: Just learned that Sumire
is an orphan... she might've been taken by the Foundation. Suddenly she being responsible for the attacks makes even more sense.

Sumire is a orphan, she knows about Boruto's volunteer jobs, we didn't see her abilities yet, the enemy in today's episode was the same height as the rest of the kids.

I also believe that there are more then one root member with the ability

she played everyone like a fool

Shouta

Weird.

Probably related to the skill of the caster? Naruto's clones in Part 1 weren't as powerful or useful as they were in Part 2 because he wasn't as skilled with them so it shouldn't be a surprise that it's the same as Boruto. I mean, Naruto didn't learn about the training aspect of the Shadow Clones until Pt 2 and thus didn't use it until then, as I recall.

Clones can take a hit but it depends highly on how hard they're hit. There's a bunch of times throughout both series where they don't disappear right away after taking a hit. There are a bunch of times where they poof instantly too though, lol.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
All those creepy zoom ins on Mitsuki's face was weird. I expected him to turn into a demon in every scene.

So the one behind the ghost incidents was "that person" after all.

Suddenly, that last scene of Boruto's movie makes a lot of sense:

"So... is that your dad? or... perhaps your mom?"
"Well, it really doesn't matter"

I liked Mitsuki a lot on this episode, but at times he felt like the male version of Hinata xD.

Pre-movie Boruto really is a spoiled brat.

I think you gotta sympathize with him a bit though, doesn't know too much better. It's not like he's a bad kid all around.

I love this show. I wonder why Mitsuki kept the secret away from Boruto anyway.

I think you gotta sympathize with him a bit though, doesn't know too much better. It's not like he's a bad kid all around.

I love this show. I wonder why Mitsuki kept the secret away from Boruto anyway.

I know I know. What I mean is that he really feels neglected, he doesn't hate Naruto, he hates the Hokage because it's taking Naruto away from them and Hinata and Himawari love him so much. He really grew up being spoiled.

Compare Boruto to almost any kid of Konoha during Naruto's childhood and you see that all of them are always training, always trying to live up to expectations from their family (and those expectations meant you had to be useful when war would come, because everyone was expecting that war would eventually come), while Boruto and the others are just training to keep a tradition.

brinstar

Finally sat down and gave this show a shot and I'm enjoying it much more than the Boruto manga. Apologizes if this has been asked before as I'm on mobile but are they planning on adapting the Sarada gaiden and Boruto movie?

LotusHD

Banned
Finally sat down and gave this show a shot and I'm enjoying it much more than the Boruto manga. Apologizes if this has been asked before as I'm on mobile but are they planning on adapting the Sarada gaiden and Boruto movie?

We don't know yet.

Parshias7

Sarada Gaiden is happening, I think it is supposed to be right after this arc ends. There hasn't been any news on adapting the movie or not.

I think Boruto movie will get retold in the tv series. just like Dragon Ball Super. I expect they will add the missing side characters to the movie story, so characters like Denki and Iwabe will be in it too.

Acrylic7

Clones can take a hit but it depends highly on how hard they're hit. There's a bunch of times throughout both series where they don't disappear right away after taking a hit. There are a bunch of times where they poof instantly too though, lol.

I thought they get tougher and more durable if the caster puts more chakra into each one.

I cant really recall since its been so long but I think Naruto dumped a ton of chakra into 1 clone that made it seem like the real Naruto when the others went poof.

Khezu

I don't know how it works, but one of Narutos clones during the war fought several edo kages, and stopped Madaras forest jutsu, and lived for a ridiculous amount of time.

I can't remember if he ever got hit though.

Naruto got to the point where his clones could be durable enough to take damage and keep going.

Dude is on another level compared to the rest.

Speaking of his techniques, I feel Naruto got left out never developing his own 100% original technique. Everything he did was just either a variation or derivative of a technique someone else created.

Effect

I know I know. What I mean is that he really feels neglected, he doesn't hate Naruto, he hates the Hokage because it's taking Naruto away from them and Hinata and Himawari love him so much. He really grew up being spoiled.

Compare Boruto to almost any kid of Konoha during Naruto's childhood and you see that all of them are always training, always trying to live up to expectations from their family (and those expectations meant you had to be useful when war would come, because everyone was expecting that war would eventually come), while Boruto and the others are just training to keep a tradition.

I don't think I'd use the world spoiled. I don't get that impression when I look at how that word has been used in the past to describe kids. Bourto comes off as a pretty normal smart kid. Pretty observant of others and in general, helpful, in a good place socially with decent people skills. Him being resentful of the Hokage position since he had a relationship with Naurto before it became an issue seems kinda normal. The problem here is that it's not being addressed at all by either Naruto or Hinata and that resentment is just building. If anything they're failing as parents to address this and it's not like its at all hidden. Seeing as they're new to this I'm not holding against them. Story wise I could see why they went with this because replace Hokage with any other job and it's something a lot of kids will go through when a parent stops being around as much as they used to be.

I actually hope the anime goes in a different direction then the film does cause that resentment should not go away so easily. I think it should stay and grow even more and only when Bourto is older should the process of it going away start. I also want Naruto and Hinata to get some character development out of this as well as they deal with with this.

Kaizer

Banned
Just got finished catching up, watching episodes 8 through 12 & I've gotta say, even though the opinion on the show is mixed here on GAF - I'm really starting to enjoy it a lot now. I look forward to seeing where they go next with the story after this arc wraps up soon. I haven't read the Boruto manga yet, but saw the movie and my main question I have every week is wondering when the show will eventually get to the movie's plotline. Is the manga past the film's plot yet?

I don't think I'd use the world spoiled. I don't get that impression when I look at how that word has been used in the past to describe kids. Bourto comes off as a pretty normal smart kid. Pretty observant of others and in general, helpful, in a good place socially with decent people skills. Him being resentful of the Hokage position since he had a relationship with Naurto before it became an issue seems kinda normal. The problem here is that it's not being addressed at all by either Naruto or Hinata and that resentment is just building. If anything they're failing as parents to address this and it's not like its at all hidden. Seeing as they're new to this I'm not holding against them. Story wise I could see why they went with this because replace Hokage with any other job and it's something a lot of kids will go through when a parent stops being around as much as they used to be.

I actually hope the anime goes in a different direction then the film does cause that resentment should not go away so easily. I think it should stay and grow even more and only when Bourto is older should the process of it going away start. I also want Naruto and Hinata to get some character development out of this as well as they deal with with this.

English is not my native language so I may be missing something when I used the word "spoiled" to describe Boruto. In my own language "spoiled" is a word we use to refer to kids that do whatever they want because bad parenting, or to refer to kids that are always so afraid to do anything because of their overprotective parents. If a kid's used to things being their way people would call them "spoiled" too.

brinstar

I don't know how it works, but one of Narutos clones during the war fought several edo kages, and stopped Madaras forest jutsu, and lived for a ridiculous amount of time.

I can't remember if he ever got hit though.
lol i forgot about the legendary "Dat Clone"

FStubbs

Naruto got to the point where his clones could be durable enough to take damage and keep going.

Dude is on another level compared to the rest.

Speaking of his techniques, I feel Naruto got left out never developing his own 100% original technique. Everything he did was just either a variation or derivative of a technique someone else created.

I think it was Jiraiya that said the only jutsus Naruto can come up with are perverted jutsus, and we saw Konohamaru beat him in that area.

Must make Hinata a very happy wife though.

Pein

Banned
It was so weird like Naruto's clones were so elite after being a basic ass spam technique for years. Kishimoto really elevated the clones as the years went by, he used them for training, intel, sennin chakra containers, if naruto wanted to use a A rank technique he had to use a clone.

Kept them relevant and evolved them overtime.

Next level of clones is the soul/life force being shared among clones. So if the "real" Naruto dies, and there's a clone posted somewhere else, Naruto is still alive, just in the other clone, and that becomes the "real" him.

hire me kishi

Jonnax

I like how characters from the original series are slowly being introduced and developed.

Sai coming in and we get a view of how he is today.
And now Kakashi still as cool as ever :)

However lol @ Sakura being in the background in two episodes. Haha.

I'm really curious to see what happens with Sumire. Could go both ways. Especially to show the harsh reality of being a Ninja.

rambis

Banned
Let the Naruto nerfing begin lol. I hope they don't "kill" him . Also good on the writers for that villian reveal. It was basically confirmed the last 2 episodes but I missed all the other tiny hints the show had dropped earlier. The story flows so much better when its preplanned vs playing it by the ear.

Khezu

It wasn't super clear on what that actually did though.

Great episode, and class rep is a pretty good villain, I hope she gets talk no jutsued and stays in the main cast after a talk with Sai.

Pein

Banned
Love that Kakashi was in the episode and that they said even if Danzo was ruthless he did it for the village and that trying to destroy konoha is a 180 for his ideals.

Also what the hell, I can't believe how good the art and animation is for boruto, if DB super or one piece got this quality people would crap themselves. Good on the studio for doing a weekly show justice.

I haven't posted much but I love everything going on. Show > Manga. I do hope they skip the movies plot. How many times can we see that lol.

rambis

Banned
Naruto was not nerfed, Canonically, Boruto only sees him at full power in the movie
It was nerfed because he, in the face of an enemy that he could defeat in "one move", is neutrilized because of some technicality. Its going to be like this here on Naruto and the Sauce. Of course this had to happen to be accurate with the movie.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I haven't posted much but I love everything going on. Show > Manga. I do hope they skip the movies plot. How many times can we see that lol.
But it's free filler. The script is already there!

I don't either

Kaizer

Banned
Haven't read the manga yet, but been keeping up with the show. Damn, that was a good episode, really enjoyed Kakashi showing up. How old is Kakashi supposed to be? He's looked virtually the same since Naruto's child years.

CrazyDude

Haven't read the manga yet, but been keeping up with the show. Damn, that was a good episode, really enjoyed Kakashi showing up. How old is Kakashi supposed to be? He's looked virtually the same since Naruto's child years.

About 46, he looks younger than Naruto.

Top Bottom