• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

I've been following this thread for quite a while now and I just need to ask something.

What's your deal, Mantis?

It's like you're obsessed and cannot stop talking about this. People call you out all the time, yet you continue on and on without avail. You repeat arguments (SP this, SP that) and spin further and further to a point wehere it becomes unclear whether you have an actual argument or just want to spew dislike.

Like, why are you doing this It's fine if you want to criticize, but it's growing increadibly tiresome seeing you ruin what could otherwise be a fun thread.

I apologize for bringing this up, but it's so boring to see.

-------------

As for Boruto, I gotta catch up with the two latest episodes! Really enjoying the show and it brought back a fan that started zoning out of Naruto during Part II (though I still followed the manga half-heartedly).

Naruto is my favourite anime/manga series. SP/Ikemoto have no idea what made the series so popular and attractive resulting in the Boruto series (to which I was once very excited for) being a disgrace.

Think of it like a DBZ's fan detest towards DB GT.

rambis

Banned
I've been following this thread for quite a while now and I just need to ask something.

It's like you're obsessed and cannot stop talking about this. People call you out all the time, yet you continue on and on without avail. You repeat arguments (SP this, SP that) and spin further and further to a point wehere it becomes unclear whether you have an actual argument or just want to spew dislike.

Like, why are you doing this It's fine if you want to criticize, but it's growing increadibly tiresome seeing you ruin what could otherwise be a fun thread.

This much has been obvious for a while.

Naruto is my favourite anime/manga series. SP/Ikemoto have no idea what made the series so popular and attractive resulting in the Boruto series (to which I was once very excited for) being a disgrace.

Think of it like a DBZ's fan detest towards DB GT.

Dude you compulsively lie like no other lol. You've been pissy at this series since it was announced lmao. Didn't you claim you weren't gonna watch it at first? Its really fine if you don't like the series but this guise of impartiality and unbias is hilarious to anybody that's been around.

Yado

It might be time to start shipping Rambis and PM, God knows they've had more interaction than the couples in this series.

Eternal rivals, always at odds yet inexplicably drawn to each other.
IlmDOSL.gif

Khezu

Yea, it's clearly the Super of the group.

I think it's waaay better then Super.

But it also has a better setup and doesn't have to use the old characters, so it's easier for them to do their own thing.

It also doesn't have the drastic art style change that Super has to have.

It might be time to start shipping Rambis and PM, God knows they've had more interaction than the couples in this series.

IlmDOSL.gif

Naruto and Sasuke if their relationship was Boruto'd aka had proper build up.

Khezu

But for real, Naruto and Sasuke weren't even friends, Sasuke was just very pretty, and Naruto was a creepy stalker.

I think the biggest wasted potential relationship was oddly enough Naruto and Sakura.
They should have dumped the pairing crap at the beginning of part 2 and focused on them being close friends. There was little bits of it here and there, like in the last movie, but it should have had a bigger spotlight.

It would also be nice to see them interact in Boruto as really close friends.

IlmDOSL.gif

Rambis is like that new kid that thinks he/she knows the place.....far from reality.

At least Frog-Fu knew his material.

This much has been obvious for a while.

Dude you compulsively lie like no other lol. You've been pissy at this series since it was announced lmao. Didn't you claim you weren't gonna watch it at first? Its really fine if you don't like the series but this guise of impartiality and unbias is hilarious to anybody that's been around.

See what I mean. You weren't even there, in Naruto GAF, back when this was just a Part 3 announcement and we had no idea who was working on it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

-------------

As for Boruto, I gotta catch up with the two latest episodes! Really enjoying the show and it brought back a fan that started zoning out of Naruto during Part II (though I still followed the manga half-heartedly).
Goddamn

Shouta

But for real, Naruto and Sasuke weren't even friends, Sasuke was just very pretty, and Naruto was a creepy stalker.

I think the biggest wasted potential relationship was oddly enough Naruto and Sakura.
They should have dumped the pairing crap at the beginning of part 2 and focused on them being close friends. There was little bits of it here and there, like in the last movie, but it should have had a bigger spotlight.

It would also be nice to see them interact in Boruto as really close friends.

Movie 6, Road to Ninja, was one of my favorites specifically because it built Naruto and Sakura's relationship a bit more. Sucks it doesn't happen in the TV series or the manga though lol

lol I mean Boruto isn't a masterpiece far from it. I adore Super more right now too, but as a series to watch as a once a week Shonen, it very easy to enjoy.

They will likely go through the movie arc again, like DBSuper and even maybe change some bits but overall the series has something that Shippuden was heavily lacking and that is the character interaction we see in the series that isn't prone to just the main plot.

Plus the overall factor of including what happens after Boruto is done his Ninja stuff like going home and interacting with his family or having a lens shown to us of how the city works from the Hospital to the post office, makes the series more alive then the whole Naruto and Team 7 chasing Sasuke and nothing in the world matter unless it is those two.

Movie 6, Road to Ninja, was one of my favorites specifically because it built Naruto and Sakura's relationship a bit more. Sucks it doesn't happen in the TV series or the manga though lol

I remember you saying this in the Naruto thread and while I agree that the manga should of placed more importance on the Naruto-Sakura bond (she's the closest friend he has), that movie was a clear regression.

They had Sakura act like her chapter 3 character to introduce a plot point that could then help the characters grow. Iirc they even admitted to having to ignore her character development in the manga, because at that point Sakura had already grown into caring for Naruto at a personal level.

-------------

I know this is already over but I just wanted to quote you and say: "ouch"

Verelios

I hated this movie so much. It just highlighted how self-absorbed and selfish Sakura could be while suffering, again, no consequences once Naruto had his epiphany of 'yeah, right, growing up in a sterile and lonely environment​ is what shaped me to be who I am. That, and these aren't my real parents, dattebayo!'

Like...I was legitimately waiting for her to show some empathy and connect with Naruto on any level. It never came.

I really liked that movie. Mostly cause of how different all the characters were. Especially Hinata.

I didn't like Sakura too much though in that one once they settled in the new world though.

fertygo

Naruto and Sakura is like the only people with chemistry in original series and yet Kishi chose road where the two only gonna think about Sasuke lol.

lol LotusHD is just trying to tell you what Mantis wants us to believe or apparently everyone else on the planet
Oh I know haha! I've seen some of LotusHD's antics on other threads! Thought I'd join in!

Wonder why Mantis hates it so much though. Is it because Naruto got with Hinata instead of Sakura?

So we all agree that Sarada should be lead right?

I mean from Gaiden she has spunk but as a lead for new material and a end goal/plot idk. If she was then it would've literally been another Hokage tell with a path following more washed out Uchiha stuff and maybe even less family time since Sakura is at work and Sarada goes to night school.

Also Boruto is pretty swell, compared to the one hour introduction we got of him from the movie.

Oh I know haha! I've seen some of LotusHD's antics on other threads! Thought I'd join in!

Wonder why Mantis hates it so much though. Is it because Naruto got with Hinata instead of Sakura?
No in the old Naruto thread, Mantis was a Sasuke X Sakura fan. I am guessing it is the lack of screen time for any of them, but come on with Boruto we got Himawari and Hanabi so it is already up there.

I mean from Gaiden she has spunk but as a lead for new material and a end goal/plot idk. If she was then it would've literally been another Hokage tell with a path following more washed out Uchiha stuff and maybe even less family time since Sakura is at work and Sarada goes to night school.

No in the old Naruto thread, Mantis was a Sasuke X Sakura fan. I am guessing it is the lack of screen time for any of them, but come on with Boruto we got Himawari and Hanabi so it is already up there.
Ah ok! My bad. It's kind of a recurring things I've been seeing. Especially in that Naruto/Sakura forum website during the finale of Shippuden when The Last was leaked. So much salt.
We still doing this? How did anyone think he would end up with Sakura
Well according to the YouTube comments, it was the most obvious and most special thing ever. But the evil author decided to cave in to the filthy NaruHina shippers and the money instead of making the true NaruSaku ending that should have been.

.....yep.

Also the Naruto/Hinata family is adorable. If you saw that OVA or oneshot of the day Naruto became Hokage.
I believe episode 18 will run through that.
Ah ok! My bad. It's kind of a recurring things I've been seeing. Especially in that Naruto/Sakura forum website during the finale of Shippuden when The Last was leaked. So much salt.
but it was also glorious.

I like how both in and outside the canon, Hiashi is one of the best parts about Naruto getting with Hinata.
all_according_to_keikaku_by_dannex009-d89yv7r.png

Also the Naruto/Hinata family is adorable. If you saw that OVA or oneshot of the day Naruto became Hokage.
I believe episode 18 will run through that.

but it was also glorious.
Oh I love the family! Mostly cause it was my OTP when I was a younger guy watching Naruto. But yeah I did watch it!

Oh it was glorious! I was laughing my head off reading the hate in the posts!

As if me clearly saying SP/Ikemoto can't write for shit/don't know much about Naruto isn't explicit enough lol

I hated this movie so much. It just highlighted how self-absorbed and selfish Sakura could be while suffering, again, no consequences once Naruto had his epiphany of 'yeah, right, growing up in a sterile and lonely environment​ is what shaped me to be who I am. That, and these aren't my real parents, dattebayo!'

Like...I was legitimately waiting for her to show some empathy and connect with Naruto on any level. It never came.

My case in point. Meanwhile Sakura's actual character and Naruto's cared much for each other at that point in the manga.

So we all agree that Sarada should be lead right?

Hahahaha
With Ikemoto at hand.....maybe if the series was perverted.

Naruto and Sakura is like the only people with chemistry in original series and yet Kishi chose road where the two only gonna think about Sasuke lol.

To be honest, Sasuke practically made the series.

I love when Boruto just shows the little things of how the village works like ninja firefighters and hearing about a Senju Park.(still wanna know what happened to em all) Damn I'm dreading the village destruction. I want to see some adventure and do this kind of stuff for the other villages.

People are saying Sarada should be the main.
Nah, Himawari the tv series.

Also Boruto himself is also not bad and learns from his mistakes in the manga post the movie arc

I love when Boruto just shows the little things of how the village works like ninja firefighters and hearing about a Senju Park.(still wanna know what happened to em all) Damn I'm dreading the village destruction. I want to see some adventure and do this kind of stuff for the other villages.
True, true. This is a highlight. I was hyped while watching them do post office stuff lol.

Also the episodes that Kishi did with the Hyuga, well only seeing Hiashi and Hanabi was wonderful as well.

Top Bottom