• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Well everyone wore whatever they wanted when they were part of the academy

On top of that we are in a new era with video games and burgers so people wearing whatever they want makes sense. Plus more kids from other backgrounds entered the academy like what Denki said due to its prestige and using the skills for other things besides regular ninja stuff. They change their outfits after becoming a genin.

But Denki doesn't look out of place like Sumire and that Gothic Lolita. Also, that kid knows how to rock that tie while Rep class and Gothic lolita don't.

But Denki doesn't look out of place like Sumire and that Gothic Lolita. Also, that kid knows how to rock that tie while Rep class and Gothic lolita don't.
It is just a matter of style, it is a time of peace so kids not taking things seriously are instead now watching movies in theatres or being a trend setter for some niche style or having other hobbies, wants, etc...
Again they aren't even Genin and haven't gone out on missions yet to actually wear combat ready gear.

rambis

Banned
Idk Gaiden was pretty stale outside of the running gag. I hope they don't spend too many episodes on it. I am interested that they seem to be altering it to fit with the new plot.

Sarada hasn't done shit yet, so technically you're watching because she will later on give you another reason to watch. ;D
I know things...you know things you seen that ending..it's coming and after that it's nothing but goodness. Tale of boruto? Nah we following sarada on her journey to be 8th..9th? Hokage

Khezu

Gaiden made me not care for Sarada much.

Just based on skills.

She is the boring parts of Sakura and Sasuke put into one character.

Well the cool parts of Sasuke were split between Boruto and Mitsuki.

Wild Card

Wow a great episode. Honestly I'm real glad there adapting the movies, it gives them a chance to actually make those characters interesting instead of coming out of nowhere. Honestly the way they've handled Boruto so far has given me no reason to doubt them.

Sumire making it back to class made me so happy, I'm glad they didn't do the obvious thing and send her away. I don't think she'll be returning to the panicky Incho she was before but it'll be interesting to see how she interacts with everyone without this burden anymore.

Regrading outfits, Naruto was-still is wearing predominately orange, Sakura wore a pink dress, Shino wore that trench whatever it was, so it ain't that weird, besides as mentioned before it's a new era. An era in which I would also like to learn about the Goth girl, though puppetry with a doll I can't say is a very appealing fighting style to me.

SO, in short good shit, can't wait for more.

SoulUnison

Banned
Mitsuki's pretty cool but I dislike how he seems to have so many of
Orochimaru's
abilities and jutsu at Academy age.

Snake clones, wind style, lightning style, the kunai spitting...

His skillset is too large and he's too proficent with it for him to be an interesting character from a combat perspective.
He's just super overpowered.

Parshias7

Mitsuki's pretty cool but I dislike how he seems to have so many of
Orochimaru's
abilities and jutsu at Academy age.

Snake clones, wind style, lightning style, the kunai spitting...

His skillset is too large and he's too proficent with it for him to be an interesting character from a combat perspective.
He's just super overpowered.

I can think of a certain manga side story chapter you certainly wouldn't like to see adapted, then.

SoulUnison

Banned
I can think of a certain manga side story chapter you certainly wouldn't like to see adapted, then.

Nope, I'ma already aware that he has
Sage Mode Shenanigans
on top of all that.

I just can't see Mitsuki ever struggling with anything, seeing as he's presumably only going to get stronger.

Khezu

As long as we get a lot of team work combat then I don't think it really matters if Mitsuki is over powered or not.

As long as they find ways to give every character somewhat of a challenge, it should be fine.

Right now, Boruto and Mitsuki seem better then everyone else.
Sarada as well, even if she is a non character right now.

rambis

Banned
Gaiden made me not care for Sarada much.

Just based on skills.

She is the boring parts of Sakura and Sasuke put into one character.

Well the cool parts of Sasuke were split between Boruto and Mitsuki.
She's alot better than Sakura at least. She's actually pretty OP herself.

Also if you've read the manga,
Boruto is alot more advanced than he is in this anime arc. I think we're about to see his palm seal hax too.

SoulUnison

Banned
Huh. The current manga fight is going to be weird when the anime gets to it, considering
we've seen Boruto create more than 4 clones on a couple different occasions. He seemingly can't make more than 4 -at once-, but he can continue to make more just a minute or two later.
For instance, against Hanabi, he creates 2 clones on his first try, then creates 3 maybe a minute later on his second, so that's 5 clones he made total, right there.

Wild Card

I can imagine the powers some of these character are gonna get. Sarada seems pretty skilled with the tools, has sharingan, will probably get lightning and fire jutsu, and has super strength in the movie.

I hope they tone down Chocho from how she acted in gaiden, the whole Choji's not my real dad shtick got old real quick.

Just waiting for some freaky shadow wind tech from shikadai surely they didn't just give him shadow right..right!! So far the only kids that represent both parents combat wise are boruto and sarada

Khezu

If Sarada gets lightning, then all 3 of them will be lightning users lol.

Maybe they can get a team attack.

Like all 3 of them together do something like Kirin.

SoulUnison

Banned
Just waiting for some freaky shadow wind tech from shikadai surely they didn't just give him shadow right..right!! So far the only kids that represent both parents combat wise are boruto and sarada

I'm waiting for Inojin to transfer himself into one of his paintings and fight as it.
Or maybe share senses with a bunch of small paintings like some kind of jury-rigged Rinnegan network.

I'm waiting for Inojin to transfer himself into one of his paintings and fight as it.
1e39337c14c10959f5e78a0bf41f693d.jpg

This is brilliant

brinstar

I think Inojin has used the mind switch thing too but yeah I wanna see more from them

Wild Card

I think Inojin has used the mind switch thing too but yeah I wanna see more from them

They should really use this opportunity to expand on the Yamanaka clan abilites. We didn't really get all that much out of it. We have mind transer, mind destruction, and mind dance. There has got to be way more interesting uses of a trait like that.

SoulUnison

Banned
we still need to know who Rock Lee Had Sex With

The new ED doesn't have a Metal Mama in it, and Kishimoto himself said he didn't even bother thinking about who the mother was when he designed Metal.

Watch as it's revealed that Lee was so desperate to have a kid like his peers that he had Orochimaru clone him, with a little of Guy's DNA thrown in, because why not?

I like how the fact that Toneri basically knows about Momoshiki, knows what Boruto's eye is and what it is called, knows about some Otsutski clan stuff, knows a ton of other things, but wants to stay on the Moon for whatever reason and not tell anyone.

His power level is like Golden Freeza. Dude was stuck on the moon for so long (likely sleeping), doesn't have battle experience but places byakugans in his eyes and BAM already is more powerful then a bunch of current living ninjas besides Sasuke and Naruto.
Now has been on the moon after the last movie for 10 years and also didn't age one bit.

The dude is trolling everyone.

Ross61

I like how the fact that Toneri basically knows about Momoshiki, knows what Boruto's eye is and what it is called, knows about some Otsutski clan stuff, knows a ton of other things, but wants to stay on the Moon for whatever reason and not tell anyone.

His power level is like Golden Freeza. Dude was stuck on the moon for so long (likely sleeping), doesn't have battle experience but places byakugans in his eyes and BAM already is more powerful then a bunch of current living ninjas besides Sasuke and Naruto.
Now has been on the moon after the last movie for 10 years and also didn't age one bit.

The dude is trolling everyone.

Isn't he on a self imposed exile?

brinstar

The new ED doesn't have a Metal Mama in it, and Kishimoto himself said he didn't even bother thinking about who the mother was when he designed Metal.

Watch as it's revealed that Lee was so desperate to have a kid like his peers that he had Orochimaru clone him, with a little of Guy's DNA thrown in, because why not?

forget Sarada gaiden, we need a Metal Lee gaiden to get to the bottom of this!

Do we know who's Garaa's kid's mom is (forgot his name) or is he like Metal Lee? I would've preferred if they called him Punk Lee instead, but it seems that Rock and Metal alone sound like a good replacement for the original pun (Blues->Rock->Metal) considering Rock and Metal are two elements according to the ancient Chinese.

Sesha

Oh Kishi, you hack.

CrazyDude

Do we know who's Garaa's kid's mom is (forgot his name) or is he like Metal Lee? I would've preferred if they called him Punk Lee instead, but it seems that Rock and Metal alone sound like a good replacement for the original pun (Blues->Rock->Metal) considering Rock and Metal are two elements according to the ancient Chinese.

Garaa adopted.

jorgejjvr

I think we are forgetting that there was an episode where kaguya said that others would come after her.

Then there were 3 people blacked out, momoshiki, kinshiki, and we do not know the other.

Screenshot_20170714_003531.png

Shippuden, episode 462, at around 5:40

Could that be the new name they mentioned and not the name of the eye?

Quick question too, do they plan to animate the chapter of how Mitsuki came about? And how he got
sage power
? If they do cover it, where do we think that will happen in the time line? Since it should be before he enters the academy no?

I think we are forgetting that there was an episode where kaguya said that others would come after her.

Then there were 3 people blacked out, momoshiki, kinshiki, and we do not know the other.

Screenshot_20170714_003531.png

Shippuden, episode 462, at around 5:40

Could that be the new name they mentioned and not the name of the eye?

Quick question too, do they plan to animate the chapter of how Mitsuki came about? And how he got
sage power
? If they do cover it, where do we think that will happen in the time line? Since it should be before he enters the academy no?

Interesting. I hadn't seen those characters since they appear in the anime only(?). Or at least I don't remember them.

It seems to me that Momoshiki is the only one we know, Kinshiki is his servant so we don't know the other two.

I think I can see where the story of Boruto is going: Momoshiki is the first and the others will eventually come and every time one of them is defeated they will leave their mark on the one who did so: Boruto, Kawaki and other two. That's why Boruto knew Kawaki, because he probably helped him to defeat one of those dudes. I suppose that once all of them are defeated the receivers of the marks (Boruto, Kawaki and the other two) will get to decide how the world will develop and their points of view will lead them to fight each other. Let's see if I can get something right.

I really don't care for the village getting destroyed again and these alien dudes. I don't need to go down the path of world ending stakes again, kept it simple fam, don't start going full crazy like Naruto.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I really don't care for the village getting destroyed again and these alien dudes. I don't need to go down the path of world ending stakes again, kept it simple fam, don't start going full crazy like Naruto.

It's already happening, unfortunately.

Momoshiki and his goon in this episode really give off that Saiyan feel, especially talking about how they're not supposed to harvest that dimension yet, and there are a whole clan of them.

btw, someone remind me, is Kaguya dead or just sealed? if she's still alive, I have a feeling going to try to redeem her somehow. every villain in Naruto got redeemed eventually, except Madara I guess...

omg, what if they revive Madara and he's becoming good guy now.

Top Bottom