• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

I like Sarada a lot but I think they're playing the long game with Boruto since it is his series. He still has tons of room for development to get to his eventual badass ninja state

I do love the role reversal of Sarada being interesting in Hokage and Borute settling for badass protector like sasuke. It's a good dynamic because Sarada is pretty cool.
This teaser at the start is annoying since who knows how long we have to wait for the story to go that far. 2 years at the fastest probably.3-4 years more likely

Those markings on Boruto will always look cheap and awkward to me.

I kinda dig it, I'm assuming it's his sage mode or whatever

bc0118c67ceecc41e2846857f7601e39497ad3e7_hq.jpg

This teaser at the start is annoying since who knows how long we have to wait for the story to go that far. 2 years at the fastest probably.3-4 years more likely

I know :( I almost wish the manga didn't exist and the writer would just write the show so we can get there faster. And it was still weekly :p

The kid had highlights in the academy arc but his Father stuff annoys me.
That will get settled post the movie arc though, then he goes more the Minato route in personality judging by the timeskip bit we saw.

Sarada's personality is great but I hope she learns other things abilities wise then just being Sakura with the Sharingan.

Judging by the movie and now the recent chapter.
Boruto already showcased two affinities being used simultaneously and he has a third affinity that he uses with his rasengan.
Mitsuki is also ninjitsu heavy but Sarada is still only doing CES.

I like Sarada a lot but I think they're playing the long game with Boruto since it is his series. He still has tons of room for development to get to his eventual badass ninja state

I do love the role reversal of Sarada being interesting in Hokage and Borute settling for badass protector like sasuke. It's a good dynamic because Sarada is pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm excited to see that story unfold. Things will really heat up once the series gets there. They really are taking the long route with Boruto which is a drag for me, but I can understand. Hopefully they can find a way to make some good episodes for him instead of him painting his fathers hokage stone face.

Also the most best thing about Boruto the character is who his family is. I don't mean pairing stuff but the fact that when we do get some family screen time we get more info on the Hyuga clan that we never knew about.

Boruto being the main character meant we got to see Hanabi vs Boruto and also have Toneri coming back.

Those markings on Boruto will always look cheap and awkward to me.
the markings hopefully are temporary since Momo gave it to him

Yado

I kinda dig it, I'm assuming it's his sage mode or whatever

bc0118c67ceecc41e2846857f7601e39497ad3e7_hq.jpg

I know :( I almost wish the manga didn't exist and the writer would just write the show so we can get there faster. And it was still weekly :p

It looks like fanart. Like a kid came up with designs for future Naruto characters and slapped markings on them to make them look badass.

lol im not looking foward to the village getting destroyed again, can't top Pain and no one can top Madara in fun overpowered bullshit.

I'm pretty excited for next anime arc. School trip to mist village? Fuck yeah. They should do more school trip to other villages too.

I wonder if Mei finally got married after all this time, lol

Also the most best thing about Boruto the character is who his family is. I don't mean pairing stuff but the fact that when we do get some family screen time we get more info on the Hyuga clan that we never knew about.

Boruto being the main character meant we got to see Hanabi vs Boruto and also have Toneri coming back.

the markings hopefully are temporary since Momo gave it to him

I agree with this, and like said above there's lots of potential to see other villages and learn more about them. We'll probably get a shitton of that until the manga gets far enough to go along with the story.

I agree with this, and like said above there's lots of potential to see other villages and learn more about them. We'll probably get a shitton of that until the manga gets far enough to go along with the story.

I want the anime to get the green light to be the main source of content.

Like DBSuper, the manga could just provide content and stuff at its own pace and have some differences.

I don't care about what makes it canon or not I just want to watch new interesting stuff.

Khezu

Each new episode and chapter Boruto and Mitsuki keep getting new abilities, and Sarada gets nothing.

Like it's kinda getting silly now.

Both of them have stolen everything interesting about Sasuke from her, and keep getting their own shit on top of it.

Fox318

Each new episode and chapter Boruto and Mitsuki keep getting new abilities, and Sarada gets nothing.

Both of them have stolen everything interesting about Sasuke from her, and keep getting their own shit on top of it.
Just like her "mother"

I am also not hyped about the village getting destroyed another time, count the movies and the filler episodes and Konoha probably has a high insurance problem lol.
Poor Naruto been inaugurating all these new stuff only for it to be destroyed by some emo hipster kid.

Look at all this paper work... GONE!
Naruto should become a villain after all of this.

Personality wise I would love if Boruto had Neji's personality and I don't mean I am cursed to be a caged bird Neji but I mean the more mature Neji personality of overall Neji.
Neji was the real cool guy we deserved but the killed him. Now the only thing left of him is his tombstone, a photo in Naruto's house and a kid with a play on for his name.

SMH Neji shouldn't have never died, he could've been the Piccolo of the series.

Personality wise I would love if Boruto had Neji's personality and I don't mean I am cursed to be a caged bird Neji but I mean the more mature Neji personality of overall Neji.

Neji was the real cool guy we deserved but the killed him. Now the only thing left of him is his tombstone, a photo in Naruto's house and a kid with a play on for his name.

SMH Neji shouldn't have never died, he could've been the Piccolo of the series.

Neji had to die so Boruto can exist in the first place.

Slayven

From what little i seen of Boruto, the kids are soft as hell. If they had been in Naruto's generation they would have been eaten alive.

But it makes sense because they are living in an era of relative peace and don't have to be child soldiers from birth

From what little i seen of Boruto, the kids are soft as hell. If they had been in Naruto's generation they would have been eaten alive.

But it makes sense because they are living in an era of relative peace and don't have to be child soldiers from birth

The main complaint they're already too OP...

Boruto, Sanada, and their buddy i can see. But the rest of them? When Coco going to fuck shit up with an electric meat tank?

she can already do partial body expansion. I don't remember if Chouji can do that during part 1 Naruto.

I think in term of technique, all the new generation is probably better than their parents at their age. they're just lacking some real combat experience

I just at least this era we see the other kids not only getting more screen time and character development beyond the academy days and the Exams and also innovation beyond their respected clans and teachers.

If Shikadai literally stays doing the same thing as Shikamaru in movesets I am going to toss my monitor.

they are far more advanced jutsu wise than Naruto's gen was at the same stage.

though when looking at the respective chuunin exams, Naruto and Sasuke got a huge powerup.

Indeed the new Team 7 as academy students are talent heavy compared to K11 at their academy days.

Or maybe since we didn't get Academy day K11 beside some filler stuff that didn't have combat scenarios. Also the curriculum is completely different compared to the old Academy days. The kids even now learn water walking and wall climbing before the even become Genins.

The only indicator of power for K11 was the Chunin exams. If you want to rank them before the final stadium battle stage since there was a training gap before that I would say Neji was presumed to be the strongest (not counting others out of the village.)

I remember people in the Forrest of Death were scared of Neji and were avoiding him at all costs. Lee was saving the gates for him (so Lee is also likely number 1 too). While Kakashi even stated Neji would easily overpower even Sasuke.

Sesha

Any interesting fights in the series yet?

Nah. The kids are still scrub-tier, the Jinchus are still dead, and the series will never introduce someone non-kid that will make for a cool fight.

You must be new. Welcome to Naruto where the women will always play second fiddle.

LotusHD

Banned

What, did you think Sarada being an Uchiha was going to drastically change the status quo, that it was gonna override her being a female character?

I'm on ep 3...I can see why Shikmaru never comes home. He's married to Temari, she don't play.
Temari:
tumblr_meoh98R7XP1ry9vkao5_500.gif

"Your next line is 'what a drag'"

Well there is still time for Sarada to change.

With
Sumire she
was an anime original character so Studio Perriot had more free range to add moves and what not for her, Sarada though, she is a main character and if the anime did showcase a new move for Sarada before the monthly manga did then they would have to explain a reason as to why she doesn't use it in the current manga that is ahead in the timeline. For Boruto and his Jougan they at least have that timeskip scene and then went on and said it went dormant after the Nue arc.

SP gave us the current Hanabi so I am cool. (she needs more screen time)

For a second, I actually did.

I was a fool of course.

this was you having hope and anticapating
tumblr_nvxevr2k8R1rc40z5o1_500.gif

the rest was all the skeptical people

I actually have hope still, not in the manga version though since you already know what Sarada is over there but maybe for the anime

this was you having hope and anticapating
tumblr_nvxevr2k8R1rc40z5o1_500.gif

the rest was all the skeptical people

I actually have hope still, not in the manga version though since you already know what Sarada is over there but maybe for the anime

She's being shafted in the manga? Or is the arc simply not focusing on her right now?

Started rewatching Naruto Shippuden because I only ended up getting to the pain arc before bailing years ago, and seeing stuff past the 5 kage summit kinda lost me. I know that this thread is like near 40 pages full of impressions i could read and that's kind of a lot with spoilers.

So would a few be willing to answer: how is Boruto, is it worth watching? Just as off the rails as end game Shippuden? How does it compare to the prior two series and what's the consensus on its quality

Started rewatching Naruto Shippuden because I only ended up getting to the pain arc before bailing years ago, and seeing stuff past the 5 kage summit kinda lost me. I know that this thread is like near 40 pages full of impressions i could read and that's kind of a lot with spoilers.

So would a few be willing to answer: how is Boruto, is it worth watching? Just as off the rails as end game Shippuden? How does it compare to the prior two series and what's the consensus on its quality

it is more like Part 1 actually

you should watch it

She's being shafted in the manga? Or is the arc simply not focusing on her right now?

well her and Mitsuki have been sidelined for the entirety of the manga it seems but the manga only currently did the movie arc then a side story of Boruto meeting some kid that lead to the next arc that we just started

who knows if Sarada will do anything there

Top Bottom