• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Before tomorrow's episode kills my theory, is there is a reason why Naruto is the only person with 2 kids in this series?

Could it be out of realm of possibility that Himawari, who has shown heel tendencies to Boruto, ends up being a villain in the future?

Yado

Before tomorrow's episode kills my theory, is there is a reason why Naruto is the only person with 2 kids in this series?

Could it be out of realm of possibility that Himawari, who has shown heel tendencies to Boruto, ends up being a villain in the future?

It's impossible.

people keep on saying Sarada should be the main character

nah man Himawari should've been the main character since Boruto only has the current edge over Sarada by not being an Uchiha (we've had enough of the non stop Uchiha drama nonsense and powers). Plus unlike Boruto who's main attraction is his family, Himawari actually has the byakugan.

people keep on saying Sarada should be the main character

nah man Himawari should've been the main character since Boruto only has the current edge over Sarada by not being an Uchiha (we've had enough of the non stop Uchiha drama nonsense and powers). Plus unlike Boruto who's main attraction is his family, Himawari actually has the byakugan.
Those ppl are wrong should've been shikadai

LotusHD

Banned
People still want her to be the main character? I was on board when I first saw this mini-arc through the manga, but now that I've seen the anime and have gotten to know Boruto more, I'm not really pressed about her anymore, it's whatever.

Those ppl are wrong should've been shikadai

Shikadai is more plain (move wise) then anyone of the new gen

I mean he is the complete copy and paste of Shikamaru

People still want her to be the main character? I was on board when I first saw this mini-arc through the manga, but now that I've seen the anime and have gotten to know Boruto more, I'm not really pressed about her anymore, it's whatever.
pretty much the same for me

the only thing that bugs me is his Pop interaction (which will eventually get solved

but I find it a complete waste that he doesn't have any Hyuga abilities (other then currently his Jougan seeing the chakra network but even that isn't controlled)

I guess that would be too OP

FStubbs

the only thing that bugs me is his Pop interaction (which will eventually get solved

but I find it a complete waste that he doesn't have any Hyuga abilities (other then currently his Jougan seeing the chakra network but even that isn't controlled)

IIRC Kishimoto said the only reason Boruto doesn't have the Byakugan was because when he drew chapter 700 - he forgot.

IIRC Kishimoto said the only reason Boruto doesn't have the Byakugan was because when he drew chapter 700 - he forgot.

I remember Kishi also saying he didn't do Hyuga stuff since he didn't know how to write them in scenarios due to being too OP

I mean the Chunin exams started with them saying the gentle fist would destroy your inner organs with a graze

At least for Himawari she awakened it only to lose it again for some odd reason, while Boruto has that byakugan evolutionary eye the Jougan but due to it developing at a snails pace Boruto won't go out of his way to actually learn stuff from his Hyuga clan family.

I gigantic waste. I wanted to know what happened to the whole branch and main system and other things as well. Now we won't get any screen time beyond the two episodes we saw of them.

I mean there has to be some Hyugas that are around Boruto's age too.

Give it time he's gotta have some wind style shadow combos coming. So far they've all been mini versions only one showing a bit different stuff is inojin and by different I mean he use color ink . I think they'll come into their own later

Give it time he's gotta have some wind style shadow combos coming. So far they've all been mini versions only one showing a bit different stuff is inojin and by different I mean he use color ink . I think they'll come into their own later

hopefully, the problem with K11 was that they literally just followed their clan structure without any innovation at all
their peak time was the Sasuke retrieval arc against the sound 4

hopefully, the problem with K11 was that they literally just followed their clan structure without any innovation at all
their peak time was the Sasuke retrieval arc against the sound 4
And this is why I find it so freaking lame they followed traditions. Yes yes ino shika cho, yea yea new sanin team. Get that outta here it should have been mixed up for sure

Almost certain the third team is denkai(the smart one Shino) surimei(the reserved one ala hinata) and the hot head iwabe(aka kiba)

And this is why I find it so freaking lame they followed traditions. Yes yes ino shika cho, yea yea new sanin team. Get that outta here it should have been mixed up for sure

yes I agree with this completely

they showcased new kids in the anime and now they will be totally sidelined since the K11 kids are literally in two teams

it basically wrote their path to copy and past mediocrity. A problem that is likely to blame by the fact that this kids were developed by Chapter 700 and then already established by a 1 hour + movie. Not a lot of breathing room.

Yea, dude needs like a baby fan or something
Have him paralyze an enemy in place and than
tumblr_lp8fv28XMa1qkmozfo1_500.gif

Bam!

or that weasel summon

at least Inojin is using his sword and ink. Add the fact that they are apparently have no shika cho training means he has the mental mind ability as well.

Pein

Banned
that weasel cut through a whole forest like nothing it was so badass and just from appearences I think it suits Shikadai's personality.

LotusHD

Banned
Out of all the new kids, I think I like Inojin the least. (Okay, he might be tied w/ Metal Lee.) Ink abilities just aren't interesting. Hopefully Ino's side of the family (Just realized Inojin and Sai took Ino's family surname, neat) gives him some cool tricks, but I'm doubtful.

Metal lee is a major disappointment too(for now) let the boy use taijutsu like his father sure but also some ninjutsu but here's the kicker why can't he just have ninjutsu focused on close combat? Like have him applying his element into his combos or coating his punches and kicks with it something different(I say for now was it said he can't use ninjutsu)

Out of all the new kids, I think I like Inojin the least. (Okay, he might be tied w/ Metal Lee.) Ink abilities just aren't interesting. Hopefully Ino's side of the family (Just realized Inojin and Sai took Ino's family surname, neat) gives him some cool tricks, but I'm doubtful.
Im low key giving him a pass.....color ink is kinda cool lol

Pein

Banned
I think the ink thing could be cool but sai's use of it was kinda lame most of the time. That tiger seal he used was cool tho and those two guardian things he used on sasori.

Metal lee is a major disappointment too(for now) let the boy use taijutsu like his father sure but also some ninjutsu but here's the kicker why can't he just have ninjutsu focused on close combat? Like have him applying his element into his combos or coating his punches and kicks with it something different(I say for now was it said he can't use ninjutsu)

I'm hoping he ape's the raikage's style with how he amped his speed and power with electricity. That plus gates would be dope.

I agree with this post.

LotusHD

Banned
Yea, that's the thing. If Sai, who is much more experienced than him, never ended up doing anything cool with it (imo), then it'll take forever, if at all, for Inojin to impress. And yea, Metal Lee is another one, the biggest clone of them all.

Shikadai is also a clone, but who cares, when it's a clone of Shikamaru, one of the best characters in the show!

Just weird that they decided to only rely on the fathers traits. Boruto should be 16 palming ppl lol. Sarada will get both by default eye power and what not

Shikadai is also a clone, but who cares, when it's a clone of Shikamaru, one of the best characters in the show!
I agree with this post

There are other kids?

yeah in the anime

but because they are anime character we may never see them post genin graduation
Just weird that they decided to only rely on the fathers traits. Boruto should be 16 palming ppl lol. Sarada will get both by default eye power and what not

I wanted this so badly but they seem to be holding back on any Hyuga stuff. Even Himawari's eyes got resealed by the authors lol.

Pein

Banned
Boruto with Bakugyan would just be cut and paste neji, if that, because neji was a genius with it already.

He already can use gentle fist, I think thats good enough.

LotusHD

Banned
btw I hate denki

I have literally no opinion on any of the non-clone kids. They're just... there.

Actually no, that's not true, I liked Sumire, hopefully they're not done with her.

They won't do that because that would actually be cool

yeah in the anime

Other than Sumire, I just laugh at them, because they're definitely not getting much screentime, if any

Boruto with Bakugyan would just be cut and paste neji, if that, because neji was a genius with it already.

You fool, don't you see! A clone of Neji would also not be a bad thing, because Neji, and by extension the Hyuga clan, are one of the best things in the series!

random25

Neji didn't use any other ninjutsu that's not from Hyuuga clan, so that's at least a separator.

he can use the gentle fist taijutsu, he can't do the actual sealing, etc...

compared to his sister Boruto is more of the clone of his parent in terms of a overall character

rambis

Banned

compared to his sister Boruto is more of the clone of his parent in terms of a overall character
He's almost nothing like Naruto other than looks. Boruto is about what I would imagine Sasuke to be like if the whole uchiha incident never happened.

Idk who has more buffs between him and Mitsuki but they both surpass the previous generations by miles. I guess up until VOTE1.

Khezu

I wanted Boruto to have Uzamaki stuff, like the actual Uzamaki stuff like sealing and chakra chains.

And maybe weird masks.

LotusHD

Banned
I wanted Boruto to have Uzamaki stuff, like the actual Uzamaki stuff like sealing and chakra chains.

And maybe weird masks.

Who gonna teach him all this tho

I agree with this plus more Shikamaru is always a good thing.

I think the best part about Shikadai is that Boruto actually gets to grow up with this guy as his friend, as opposed to Naruto who obsessed over Sasuke and gave him all his attention instead of hanging out more with his other pals. Eventually you realize that Shikamaru was low-key Naruto's best/closest friend (But not vice-versa because Choji), and that Naruto could've done so much better.

Pein

Banned
Neji didn't use any other ninjutsu that's not from Hyuuga clan, so that's at least a separator.
yeah but would boruto use other ninjutsu or would he just stick with doujutsu? Like mastered you can kill with gentle fist really easily.

I'm fine with that, gentle fist when animated is pleasant as fuck to look at lol.
I have literally no opinion on any of the non-clone kids. They're just... there.

Actually no, that's not true, I liked Sumire, hopefully they're not done with her.

You fool, don't you see! A clone of Neji would also not be a bad thing, because Neji, and by extension the Hyuga clan, are one of the best things in the series!
yeah sumire is cool and Iwabe is ok too.

I agree Hyuga is my favorite clan and the fact neji never got a real moment to shine in part 2 is one of the major fuck ups of part 2.

I think the best part about Shikadai is that Boruto actually gets to grow up with this guy as his friend, as opposed to Naruto who obsessed over Sasuke and gave him all his attention instead of hanging out more with his other pals. Eventually you realize that Shikamaru was low-key Naruto's best/closest friend (But not vice-versa because Choji), and that Naruto could've done so much better.
only hope for Uzumaki seals and chains would be Karin or orochimaru.

This is true too, Shikamaru was always a better friend to naruto then sasuke, all the rookies were better then sasuke.

I'm so glad Shikamaru is the advisor to the village AKA the brains behind the operation

Yeah Shikamaru always seemed like a better friend to Naruto then anyone else. Which is why I've wondered what a team 7 with Naruto, Shikamaru, and Hinata would be like instead of what we got.

random25

yeah but would boruto use other ninjutsu or would he just stick with doujutsu? Like mastered you can kill with gentle fist really easily.

Gentle fist is so OP they nerfed that thing hard lol. So I expect that will be the same thing if Boruto will ever get to use high-level gentle fist moves just so opponents can be of challenge to him. Besides, they won't throw Naruto-esque moves away regardless so it will be more of integrating that into his already signature moves than replacing them, like 64 palms + multiple shadow clones or a rasengan finisher after gentle fist combos.

yeah, I wish the new main team is Boruto, Shikadai, and Sarada. I like Mitsuki just fine, but he's so out of place with the rest of the kids.

random25

yeah, I wish the new main team is Boruto, Shikadai, and Sarada. I like Mitsuki just fine, but he's so out of place with the rest of the kids.

Boruto, Shikadai and Mitsuki fits well together tbh. We've seen them work together in the previous arc. But an all-male team might rub the fans the wrong way.

With that, we can also have an all-female team of Sarada, Chouchou and Sumire.

Top Bottom