• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Do i have to finish Shippuden to have any kind of idea as to whats going on and where Boruto got his powers.
Because im currently on like episode 13 of Shippuden

no since Boruto himself is clueless so his parents, aunt, grandpa and the adults around him fill him up on stuff

even when you see a certain character that came from a movie you really don't need to know who he is since Boruto himself doesn't and eventually an explanation for that will come to you as well

if I would say what to watch before hand I would likely say Naruto the LAST but that isn't even that needed

no since Boruto himself is clueless so his parents, aunt, grandpa and the adults around him fill him up on stuff

even when you see a certain character that came from a movie you really don't need to know who he is since Boruto himself doesn't and eventually an explanation for that will come to you as well

if I would say what to watch before hand I would likely say Naruto the LAST but that isn't even that needed
Aight thanks, I'll check it out!

Khezu

I think right now one of my biggest worries is how they are going to treat Konohamaru.

I could easily see them treating him like Shino, and just be a comedy relief adult, and have Boruto and co take care for everything.

When what should happen is him be Kakashi 2.0, and when he fights, shit goes down.

I find Sasuke's deadpan/blunt attitude to be hilarious and highly entertaining in shippuden. The scene where Deidara snaps at him is one of my favorites in the series. I dislike him more when he starts to go crazy.

I like his expressiveness in part 1 too. It does always surprise me when I come across a random Naruto clip or gif and he's doing something "different" with his face.

Pein

Banned
I think right now one of my biggest worries is how they are going to treat Konohamaru.

I could easily see them treating him like Shino, and just be a comedy relief adult, and have Boruto and co take care for everything.

When what should happen is him be Kakashi 2.0, and when he fights, shit goes down.
I don't think that's gonna happen, konohamaru is practically the 8th hokage, no fucking way would kishimoto let him be turned to trash.

Even in shippuden he got some baller ass moments, his filler with temari and his ova fight were really good too.

theWB27

I find Sasuke's deadpan/blunt attitude to be hilarious and highly entertaining in shippuden. The scene where Deidara snaps at him is one of my favorites in the series. I dislike him more when he starts to go crazy.

I like his expressiveness in part 1 too. It does always surprise me when I come across a random Naruto clip or gif and he's doing something "different" with his face.

Last episode was good with that... especially with how often he was calling naruto out for being soft. That sarada moment was weird.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Can't beat "yeah sorry". I wasn't sure if it was possible for a character to give less of a fuck. He was more entertaining Pre-itachi fight. Him leading a gang of crazed pychos as a foil to team 7 was fairly entertaining.

That's kinda a weird question. It's not a matter of "he thought shadow clones would work on her". That's just how he fights. It's like if young Hinata was sparring with an older Hyuga and then asking "how did she think gentle fist was going to work on her??"

In any case, I doubt he thought he would actually "win" lol.

Ross61

He knows what the Byakugan is, yet he still sticks to a fighting style that doesn't work on Byakugan users. Sad. Then again his dad did the same shit with Sasuke so I guess it's an Uzumaki thing.
Was he gonna come up with a fighting style that wasn't his on the drop of a hat? Lol. His Dad taught him how to fight so it's only obvious why he would use them.

rambis

Banned
Boruto's shadow clone usage is awesome and probably the most advanced so far. I don't think anyone has shown to be able to coordinate them to that degree that he does. He always gets just in position to do damage and then they pull some jonin shit on him. He's a hell of a fighter though. Especially if you've read the latest two manga chapters.

Measley

How far is the anime series from the manga chronologically? I really enjoy both, but I don't want to read too much if its going to spoil the animated series.

rambis

Banned
How far is the anime series from the manga chronologically? I really enjoy both, but I don't want to read too much if its going to spoil the animated series.
Not that far but the manga definitely seems to be getting to the meat of the story finally.

VeeP

Manga is currently taking place after the movie, Anime hasn't even reached the movie yet.

Is it said that boruto is as natural a fighter as sasuke at that age?

I think Boruto is hailed as a prodigy, similar to other characters like Sasuke, Neji, etc.

Possible Manga Spoilers:
We'll find out in next month's chapter. Seems like Konohamaru is about to have his first big fight. Hopefully he won't be fodder.

LogicStep

I just got caught up with the anime. Really tiring to go through so many episodes that have the "filler feeling" to them. But the last episode was damn amazing.

Naruto put a lot of thought into the usage and planning of the shadow clones though.

Boruto puts a lot more thought and strategy into his shadow clone usage though. It helps that he doesn't have insane reserves of chakra like Naruto does. While he did plan things out more than he normally does during the Neji fight, in Part 1 Naruto's default tactic was to spam the fuck out of the shadow clone jutsu. And that tactic only worked because he had Kurama.

Boruto puts a lot more thought and strategy into his shadow clone usage though. It helps that he doesn't have insane reserves of chakra like Naruto does. While he did plan things out more than he normally does during the Neji, in Part 1 Naruto's default tactic was to spam the fuck out of the shadow clone jutsu. And that tactic only worked because he had Kurama.
This is true. Naruto couldn't really do too much synchronizing with them and since he just spammed the numbers it got boring. Boruto can only really work with three of them and his planning is a lot better than Naruto's. I guess I just want the kid to do something different already. On the other hand Mitsuki is clearly the most skilled kid on the show and what the heck is up with Sarada? She's barely in this and only had like a handful of mini fight scenes so far. This being pre movie for so long is slightly annoying.

MartyStu

This is true. Naruto couldn't really do too much synchronizing with them and since he just spammed the numbers it got boring. Boruto can only really work with three of them and his planning is a lot better than Naruto's. I guess I just want the kid to do something different already. On the other hand Mitsuki is clearly the most skilled kid on the show and what the heck is up with Sarada? She's barely in this and only had like a handful of mini fight scenes so far. This being pre movie for so long is slightly annoying.

Sarada will get more screen time soon.

Beyond that though? Sounds like she is getting Sakura'd.

Boruto is more Hyuga then anything else so I expect him to actually learn Hyuga based moves.
His eye can already see the chakra network and likely it will get some more byakugan abilities in the future. He has no excuse to neglect his clan duties. I want me some gentle fist to liven up battles.

Oh and the latest chapter is out.

Boruto is more Hyuga then anything else so I expect him to actually learn Hyuga based moves.
His eye can already see the chakra network and likely it will get some more byakugan abilities in the future. He has no excuse to neglect his clan duties. I want me some gentle fist to liven up battles.

Oh and the latest chapter is out.

Just read this chapter and...

Half of it feels like unnecessary exposition. They want to convince us those dudes are dangerous but their "mysterious" actions don't say a thing. We'll see what happens next month but the manga is still kind of disappointing.

I cannot help but feel that Boruto's rant against Naruto for using a Ninja tool was supposed to be funny, but the way it was handled makes it look more serious that it should be. It's as Sasuke says: as if Boruto will be stuck on that personality forever.

rambis

Banned

Half of it feels like unnecessary exposition. They want to convince us those dudes are dangerous but their "mysterious" actions don't say a thing. We'll see what happens next month but the manga is still kind of disappointing.

I cannot help but feel that Boruto's rant against Naruto for using a Ninja tool was supposed to be funny, but the way it was handled makes it look more serious that it should be. It's as Sasuke says: as if Boruto will be stuck on that personality forever.
I don't know that its unnecessary. We still know nothing about this group and need to know so much more. I will always favor over exposure versus too little.

the vessel is likely Kawaki which means the created theory is likely true

they said they would contact the outsiders and the dude with the mask said it was in his area so he will handle it, so I am assuming the group has double agents in different villages

ghstwrld

they could've kept this chapter
zzzz.gif

I don't know that its unnecessary. We still know nothing about this group and need to know so much more. I will always favor over exposure versus too little.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself well there, what I really meant is that:

The storytelling is kinda bad, they could've said the same things they said in this chapter in less pages. You have several pages that felt wasted imo. Kishimoto was more efficient when he wanted to show how dangerous Akatsuki was. When the moment came to show off the power of one of the villains, it was just a miniexplosion that really did nothing.

Also, this guy needs an assistant already: more than half the manga are panels with a character drawn in it and nothing else. The previous chapter had that battle inside a huge and empty space as well.

Something else to note: Denki and Iwabe haven't appeared yet in the manga.

rambis

Banned
Perhaps I didn't explain myself well there, what I really meant is that:

The storytelling is kinda bad, they could've said the same things they said in this chapter in less pages. You have several pages that felt wasted imo. Kishimoto was more efficient when he wanted to show how dangerous Akatsuki was. When the moment came to show off the power of one of the villains, it was just a miniexplosion that really did nothing.

Also, this guy needs an assistant already: more than half the manga are panels with a character drawn in it and nothing else. The previous chapter had that battle inside a huge and empty space as well.

Something else to note: Denki and Iwabe haven't appeared yet in the manga.
I feel like I understand you. I just mean I think they are purposefully taking things at this pace. I dont think Denki or Iwabe are that important.

I feel like I understand you. I just mean I think they are purposefully taking things at this pace. I dont think Denki or Iwabe are that important.

I don't think Denki and Iwabe are that important either... maybe they'll be Tenten levels of important. Just wanted to highlight some differences between the manga and the anime. Metal Lee's partners are not there either: in the movie Metal's partners wear the same kind of clothes Metal wears. Garaa's kid hasn't showed up in the anime yet (for obvious reasons) but in the manga they made some space to flesh him out already, so that's why I was kind of expecting to see Iwabe, Denki and Sumire in the manga.

Top Bottom