• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
How can people claim Floyd didn't win? Seriously. The most generous score you can give is 7-5 Floyd, it was either that or 8-4.

Lazyslob

Banned
maidana won because he fucked up floyd more. im using nick diaz logic btw. fuck that point shit. especially in boxing. fucking someone up should be a determining factor

RGVNOE

Floyd won, but not 117-111, I think it was 115-113, it was still a good fight and maidana did a good job way better that I though he would

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
"Fight like a man" like headbutts, leg punches, shooting for a takedown, knee feint, etc, they need to settle this in the octagon.

Ithil

maidana won because he fucked up floyd more. im using nick diaz logic btw. fuck that point shit. especially in boxing. fucking someone up should be a determining factor

Without being a doctor that's examined them both, how can you determine who got more "fucked up"?

Oh, I definitely think Floyd won. The judging was way off. Also, Floyd basically couldn't go toe to toe with him so he just held him the last four rounds. Boring, as usual.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Oh, I definitely think Floyd won. The judging was way off. Also, Floyd basically couldn't go toe to toe with him so he just held him the last four rounds. Boring, as usual.

Nah, he played those rounds like he's supposed to in a context where he knows he is ahead and the other fighter is dirty, so you can't take some dumb ass risk and get thrown on the mat or some such.

Varg

Banned
Floyd got destroyed going toe to toe with this man. Once he knew he was beat he went back to his pansy tippy toe technique. Rematch is going to be the same crap as now mayweather will tippy toe starting round one.

RGVNOE

Doesn't help when you miss 70 % of your wild punches
You're not getting scored on the ones you miss though you get scored on what you land, all you need to do is throw and land the more you throw the more you land, yes maidana missed more, but he only landed 9 less than Mayweather in the fight

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're saying Floyd didn't hold him every time they started trading blows? I mean every time.

Legit question, are you somewhat new to boxing?

I've spent YEARS of my life waiting for holds to be broken. It's a fundamental part of boxing. If this kind of stuff bugs you, man, it won't get better.

ISOM

Floyd got destroyed going toe to toe with this man. Once he knew he was beat he went back to his pansy tippy toe technique. Rematch is going to be the same crap as now mayweather will tippy toe starting round one.

Mayweather traded some good blows with maidana in the later rounds. Sounds like you just want to hate.

YaGaMi

He doesn't need to. Just counter and box him.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Maidana missed a lot of those shots when he got Floyd on the ropes.. especially after what was it the.. 4th round?

Might have been round 5 or 6.. whatever.. but Maidanas wild clubing wailing shots were landing clean at all.. and Floyd landed clean whenever he threw.

Clear win in a tough fight.

Floyd's showing all of those 37 years now though.

I'd pick him over Khan still.

Legit question, are you somewhat new to boxing?

I've spent YEARS of my life waiting for holds to be broken. It's a fundamental part of boxing. If this kind of stuff bugs you, man, it won't get better.

Nope, I've been watching the sport for 25+ years. I fully recognize that Floyd won this fight.

I'm saying it's silly to believe him when he said he normally weaves in and out and counter punches, but tonight he went toe-to-toe. He flat out refused to go toe-to-toe, because that's a losing proposition for him. I've never seen Floyd hold as much as he did in this fight.

Top Bottom