• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nope, I've been watching the sport for 25+ years. I fully recognize that Floyd won this fight.

I'm saying it's silly to believe him when he said he normally weaves in and out and counter punches, but tonight he went toe-to-toe. He flat out refused to go toe-to-toe, because that's a losing proposition for him. I've never seen Floyd hold as much as he did in this fight.

Yup. He got a taste and realized it wasn't going to work for him. I can't hate him for that at all. Better than fighting someone who is giving you some serious issues.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Wait lol people are mad may one the fight because he's the better boxer? Lmao only reason mai even got close to may's landed his was cause he was flailing around like a fish out of water with boxing gloves.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'd be curious to see how a Khan fight would go, I did not like what I saw of Khan tonight, constantly doing bad holds.

Yup. He got a taste and realized it wasn't going to work for him. I can't hate him for that at all. Better than fighting someone who is giving you some serious issues.

He made the right strategic move to lock Maidana up the last five rounds. That doesn't make it enjoyable to watch. Floyd has made an entire career out of avoiding fights.

Floyd's genius is in becoming such a hateable heel that he gets casual fans to pay $70 to watch a fight that is not at all appealing to casual fans. It happens every time like clock work.

Floyd got destroyed going toe to toe with this man. Once he knew he was beat he went back to his pansy tippy toe technique. Rematch is going to be the same crap as now mayweather will tippy toe starting round one.

we didnt watch the same boxing match. Floyd was getting hit on the ropes but at the center of the ring he had a decisive advantage over 12 rounds.

Paul Heyman needs to find a boxer guy so he can break Mayweather's streak.

MY CLIENT ________ CONQUERED THE STREAK!

Oh god I would love this.

You're not getting scored on the ones you miss though you get scored on what you land, all you need to do is throw and land the more you throw the more you land, yes maidana missed more, but he only landed 9 less than Mayweather in the fight
How many more did he miss? Because boxing is about effectiveness also. Most punches landed by Maidana weren't landing clean, he was scratching away at Floyd whilst grabbing onto him next to the ropes. Floyd did more damage in the center of the ring, you could see his punches land clearly to Marcos' face.

Marcos succeeded at fighting dirty, but was outboxed.

Boxing noobs mistaking activity for achievement.

Always

YaGaMi

Maidana wanted to brawl and was throwing wild punches. Mayweather was boxing him and landed cleaner shots all night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, I may be a bit too drunk and slow on the uptake tonight. That's pretty funny in retrospect.

ibrlO0FjYcI24d.gif

kinggroin

Banned
I had it a tie.

I don't think Maidana missed as much as was made out to be, they were just ugly shots. I definitely can't agree with the lopsided scores, but what can you do...

No reason for Maidana not to hold his head up after this one.

For the record, the translator got Maidana's comment incorrect. He said that Mayweather had never fought against a man who didn't fear him before. He didn't say that Mayweather didn't fight like a man.

Tekniqs

Mayweather knew what that second judge was going to score. Given this dudes controversy and track record of money in general, how can you actually not believe that these people aren't paid off in some way?

the fuck? how can you even say that? Just his last fight, Floyd dominated and had a draw on one card

Close fight. Maidana seemed to either tire or take his foot off the gas late. Floyd clearly made some adjustments late as well. I had it a REAL close Floyd win, but that 117 card was nonsense.

Bring on the rematch!!!

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
For the record, the translator got Maidana's comment incorrect. He said that Mayweather had never fought against a man who didn't fear him before. He didn't say that Mayweather didn't fight like a man.

Well, that's still bull.. nobody has ever been scared of Floyd. Frustrated? Yes.. but scared? No.

He's not a power puncher.

Tekniqs

Floyd got destroyed going toe to toe with this man. Once he knew he was beat he went back to his pansy tippy toe technique. Rematch is going to be the same crap as now mayweather will tippy toe starting round one.

you realize the main adjustment Floyd made was to engage more often as it would help deter Maidana from bullying him to the ropes? Floyd started getting off first rather than waiting to counter and it turned the tide of the fight.

RGVNOE

How many more did he miss? Because boxing is about effectiveness also. Most punches landed by Maidana weren't landing clean, he was scratching away at Floyd whilst grabbing onto him next to the ropes. Floyd did more damage in the center of the ring, you could see his punches land clearly to Marcos' face.

Marcos succeeded at fighting dirty, but was outboxed.
no doubt Floyd landed cleaner shots, the whole point was that some are taking more away from maidana for the shots he missed than they give him credit for the ones he did land.

Ryu751

Banned
Really close fight. I thought Floyd won because he had the much crisper cleaner punches. If Floyd had lost the decision it would have not been bull shit either.

Floyd definitely won the fight with his defensive prowess and cleaner strikes. Maidana was pressuring him and landing nice shots but at a lower percentage because flyd was dodging them.

I mean that's cool and all, but that really doesn't have anything to do with your first condescending remark. You said, instead of boxing. That's not really fair is it?

I was just talking about the people claiming that Marcos should've won. Maybe I was being a bit condescending, but honestly I just though it was a ridiculous position to take.

Top Bottom