• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

BadAss2961

Klitschko fight, now this. Is ESPN lobbying for these? Or are HBO and Showtime no longer interested in these heavyweights?

I remember Klitschko fights being on EPIX before this too.

BadAss2961

Good fight so far. Bermane seems to take Arreola's punches pretty well.

Nice knockout for Bermane. No idea what he has for Wlad though.

Tom_Cody

Who yall got this saturday? Marquez or Alvarado? I think Marquez wins.

yeah, goin with Marquez
Alvarado has taken an entire career's worth of punishment in the last two years. I'm sure he and his people were happy to take this fight because of the money involved (and the dangling carrot of a Pac fight if he wins) but his health would have been better served by taking an easier fight or even a few more months off.

This is a very imperfect comparison, but I'm reminded of Diego Corrales vs. Joshua Clottey. Alvarado is coming off three brutal fights, he's moving up in weight, and Marquez is just too good.

Alvarado is going to get bludgeoned. I just don't see it playing out any other way.

Turin

Banned
Unless Marquez gets old over night he should handle Alvarado convincingly.

Don King's going to milk Stiverne for as long as he can. It's a shame because I'm sure Bermane isn't afraid fight Wilder and Klitschko.

Unless Marquez gets old over night he should handle Alvarado convincingly.

Don King's going to milk Stiverne for as long as he can. It's a shame because I'm sure Bermane isn't afraid fight Wilder and Klitschko.

Marquez by late stoppage.

The WBC is mandating Stiverne fight Wilder next. I think the play is for Don King to get involved with Wilder somehow as he's more marketable with the garish record and the bully beatdown viral video. (Protip: he sucks)

abuC

Marquez by late stoppage.

The WBC is mandating Stiverne fight Wilder next. I think the play is for Don King to get involved with Wilder somehow as he's more marketable with the garish record and the bully beatdown viral video. (Protip: he sucks)

xkm89FM.gif

We can cross Haye off the Wilder list of potential opponents, Wilder doesn't want anymore of that.

xkm89FM.gif

We can cross Haye off the Wilder list of potential opponents, Wilder doesn't want anymore of that.
That gif fully illustrates my frustration and disgust with Haye. Dude should be a superstar heavyweight; he's got explosive power and speed, plus elusiveness. Makes no sense that he can't put it all together.

5 rounds to none, 50-45 for Marquez, but at least Alvarado is finally starting to fight back

6 rounds to none, Marquez is nailing him with beautiful combos, absolutely schooling the younger fighte

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't think Alvarado can do much, I mean he could, but being bloodied up as he is I don't think he can throw anything that would give him the victory. Marquez won't be KOed.

I have it 117-109, 10 rounds to 2 for Marquez. Fantastic second half of the fight.

Make Rios-Alvarado 3 happen HBO

And while they're at it, maybe Marquez-Pacquaio 5

Top Bottom