• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Turin

Banned
Who does that even leave him to fight? Let's assume Marquez part 5 happens, then what? This Cold War stuff is garbage for the sport.

If they're desperate enough they could lure Cotto into a rematch, especially if Miguel beats Martinez and Cotto's aloud to weigh what he wants.

Edit: Scratch that. I completely forgot about the Freddie Roach factor and they both basically swore not to fight eachother.

So....... Wow. They really don't have anyone.

Turin

Banned
First fight was competitive more than people thought. Also first half of the second fight bradley did well.

Bradley's good but there's something about southpaws that makes him get super sloppy. Even against Alexander and Casamayor he squares up and almost goes into a Frazier mode.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah that was a slaughter, no way it was gonna go another round.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Stevenson goes "Oh you hit me for real? Take that then."

If this goes past round four it will be because Stevenson is dragging it on.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Stevenson hitting this dude like he was a trafficked sex slave....

Fonfara is tough, but he is getting whipped. I wonder if Hopkins can work his magic on Stevenson...

I think Hopkins can beat Stevenson. It would be a good match that's for sure, almost everyone Stevenson has been fighting had no chance to beat him anyway.

edit: Wow. Fonfara coming back hard. Stevenson tired.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Stevenson's "I have to go to 12 rounds cause it's a show" schtick is going to get to him. He could have ended this earlier.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Fonfara trying to give up points to let Stevenson win:p

edit: way out of breath

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Stevenson makes the fights go longer when needed for the show, but doing so puts him in a weakened position because he goes out of energy. Against Hopkins, he will have to fight to win not fight to give a show, and he won't win. It will be like watching a Mayweather fight.

Turin

Banned
Adonis, while physically gifted, is a product of smart match making. I think Bernard is salivating at the mouth after seeing that. Kovalev is probably bummed he couldn't get his claws on him. Ward would eat him alive.

Tom_Cody

Finally watched the fight. Great stuff. I look forward to seeing Fonfara in against one of the other top 5 guys at 175.

I can't wait for the Hopkins fight. Hopkins obviously has an enormous advantage in skill and experience but I think Stevenson might have the physical tools to get the job done.

Also, props to Jim Grey for asking about Kovalev. I did not expect that at all.

Heel

Jim Ross making his commentary debut for Golden Boy on FS1. Impressing the hell out of me right now. Staying in his lane with his limited fight knowledge, letting the fight do the talking. What a pro.

Top Bottom