• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

lol Vulev went out like when your character in WWF No Mercy gets knocked out

Vulev seems like a tough guy but he had no chance in there. Guy's a tomato can.

Turin

Banned
That was a nice ending scenario. Pulev landed a couple okay punches on Wlad's chin and he just broke him with the left hook for his trouble.

Turin

Banned
If Wlad wasn't scared of his chin he could be quite the knockout artist.

I think his defensive technique is a bigger issue. All that flailing is frustrating because he takes himself out of position to counter punch. It'd be nice if he could block more effectively.

If Wlad wasn't scared of his chin he could be quite the knockout artist.
Corrie Sanders put an end to that.

I still remember that douchebag Larry Merchant saying "and so the next big thing has turned out to be the next big bust" right after the Sanders knockout. What an old prick. Glad he was proven wrong.

El Topo

I still remember that douchebag Larry Merchant saying "and so the next big thing has turned out to be the next big bust" right after the Sanders knockout. What an old prick. Glad he was proven wrong.

I remember commentators wondering whether the career of Wladimir was over, I think it was after the Brewster fight. Pretty amazing that this was (more than) ten years ago.

Tom_Cody

I mean, his turnaround after those humiliating losses is kind of unprecedented. I can't think of any other fighter who has gone on to have a productive career after suffering 3 KO losses early on against questionable opposition.

At the time of the Sanders loss, his career seemed to be going the way of Tommy Morrison's.

I mean, his turnaround after those humiliating losses is kind of unprecedented. I can't think of any other fighter who has gone on to have a productive career after suffering 3 KO losses early on against questionable opposition.

At the time of the Sanders loss, his career seemed to be going the way of Tommy Morrison's.

I'd say he's at least a Top 15 ATG HW (he's top 12 for me personally).

Gotta say I love the fact he ended it with his left hook, such an under utilized punch from Wlad and to get a clean one punch K.O with it was lovely.

Does beating Algeri do anything for Pac? I can't but feel he's wasting his time with this fight and though Algeri is actually a decent enough boxer (to me he schooled Prov after a shaky 1st round) it's not like he's had a run of high quality opponents leading up to this.

Beating 1 good fighter shouldn't be enough to fight Pac.

How come?

Algeri is going to box Mannys ears off for 12 rounds. Manny is playing basketball and shit and this other dude doesn't know its a show, he thinks it's a fight!

And as a long time boxing fan I can see the shadiness of the sport so if Paquiao loses, it's no biggie. He'll be on ppv in the spring either way. If Algeri wins...now we have a new star that can headline an HBO card and have a big rematch on PPV, just like Manny made Bradley and went right on like nothing happened.

jimbor

Banned
Algeri is going to box Mannys ears off for 12 rounds. Manny is playing basketball and shit and this other dude doesn't know its a show, he thinks it's a fight!

And as a long time boxing fan I can see the shadiness of the sport so if Paquiao loses, it's no biggie. He'll be on ppv in the spring either way. If Algeri wins...now we have a new star that can headline an HBO card and have a big rematch on PPV, just like Manny made Bradley and went right on like nothing happened.

You think Algeri will get the nod on the cards in Macau? No way. He'll need a knockout for the draw.

TuXx

Tim was signed to Top Rank when Manny got robbed. Algeri isn't a Top Rank fighter, so I don't see Arum being generous in giving him a decision on the score cards.

I got Pacquiao by close or controversial SD.

kinggroin

Banned
Chris is going to shock you all. People sleeping on this fight like the Broadly one.

You'll wake up Sunday, and Paquaio will be negotiating a rematch. Bet.

jimbor

Banned
Chris is going to shock you all. People sleeping on this fight like the Broadly one.

You'll wake up Sunday, and Paquaio will be negotiating a rematch. Bet.

I'm not doubting that he could outbox Pac but boxing being what it is, there's no way he'll get the nod on the cards. Without that he won't win as he's not going to KO Pac

Boogybro

I'm not doubting that he could outbox Pac but boxing being what it is, there's no way he'll get the nod on the cards. Without that he won't win as he's not going to KO Pac

There would be too much of a backlash for pac if algirie wins but doesn't get the nod, his career would be just as done than if he legitimately loses. People aren't stupid and pac has rode his luck one too many times in the past.

Top Bottom