• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Amir Khan vs. Devon Alexander is set for December 13th in Las Vegas, on the same night as the Timothy Bradley vs. Diego Chaves fight.

Nice fight! Didn't expect khan to fight this year. Awesome that its the same night as Bradley. Also nice since it was looking dry the rest of this year especially with canelo vs clottey canceled.

TuXx

Andre Ward needs to drop in weight and fight GGG or go up and fight the winner of Hopkins/Kovelev. He's fought twice in two years. He can't draw flies to shit. Trying to make GGG go up to meet him is bitchmade. GGG is the draw, he brings all the $ to the table. You want a piece of that, drop down to fight him or stay on the commentary team while Lamply and Kellerman fellate you and the general public yawns.

Even though Chavez was the A side. GGG was gonna move up to 168. It's clear that weight isn't a problem, both fighter fight for HBO. So...., what's the hold up? The only hold up that I can see is Good Boy, baby faced Gennady Golovkin being scared to go to church out of fear he'll bump into You know who

The one and only SOG (SON of GOD)

Andrea motha fucking Ward.

This took me 20 mins to write... I'm drunk

TuXx

Because Ward brings zero to the table. Of course GGG would go up to Chavez for the biggest payday of his career. Ward wants him to move up to fight in front of 35 people in Oakland....

A fight with Ward is still a PPV fight and it's a fight that the hardcore audience have been waiting for years to happen. GGG is obviously gonna make more money fighting guys like Canelo, Chavez and probably even Froch, but to say there's no money fighting Ward is nonsense.

The reason team Golovkin doesn't want to fight Ward is not because of drawing power or weight, cause even if Ward agrees to drop down to 160, they'll still turn down the fight, It's because Ward is a road block to all those big potential fights that can be made. The only way the fight happens is if Golovkin gets turned down by everyone and there's no other avenues left to explore, which looks like it's going to happen.

Disregard my last post. Ramblings of a drunkard.

jimbor

Banned
A fight with Ward is still a PPV fight and it's a fight that the hardcore audience have been waiting for years to happen. GGG is obviously gonna make more money fighting guys like Canelo, Chavez and probably even Froch, but to say there's no money fighting Ward is nonsense.

The reason team Golovkin doesn't want to fight Ward is not because of drawing power or weight, cause even if Ward agrees to drop down to 160, they'll still turn down the fight, It's because Ward is a road block to all those big potential fights that can be made. The only way the fight happens is if Golovkin gets turned down by everyone and there's no other avenues left to explore, which looks like it's going to happen.

Disregard my last post. Ramblings of a drunkard.

Whole lot of baseless assumptions here. While I still think GGG has it all to prove, I don't think he's 'scared' of Ward. As for Ward dropping to 160,it'll never happen. Does Ward even fight any more?

Froch GGG will never happen as Froch isn't interested, he's said as much.

TuXx

Whole lot of baseless assumptions here. While I still think GGG has it all to prove, I don't think he's 'scared' of Ward. As for Ward dropping to 160,it'll never happen. Does Ward even fight any more?

Froch GGG will never happen as Froch isn't interested, he's said as much.

I'm sure GGG isn't 'scared' of Ward personally, but the people who manage him do not want that fight. They've done nothing but make up excuses and later contradict those same excuses.

"Ward doesn't bring nothing to the table financially" *puts GGG in with a cab driver*, "GGG is focused on cleaning out the division" *negotiates to fight Chavez at 168*.

His management is trying to make as much money as possible and they don't want Ward to fuck up their plans on getting big money fights with guys like Cotto, Froch, Chavez and Canelo.

jimbor

Banned
I'm sure GGG isn't 'scared' of Ward personally, but the people who manage him do not want that fight. They've done nothing but make up excuses and later contradict those same excuses.

"Ward doesn't bring nothing to the table financially" *puts GGG in with a cab driver*, "GGG is focused on cleaning out the division" *negotiates to fight Chavez at 168*.

His management is trying to make as much money as possible and they don't want Ward to fuck up their plans on getting big money fights with guys like Cotto, Froch, Chavez and Canelo.

Ward isn't a big money fight for anybody yet will demand the lion's share for being the man at 168. It's why Ward was chasing a Froch rematch a while back ie despite being the number one in the division he can't draw flies to shit.

Because of the above, he fits into the too much risk, too little reward category. However, if GGG moves upto 168 permanently after cleaning out 160 and doesn't face Ward I'll call it a duck.

ZoddGutts

Fighting Ward wouldn't make sense for GGG right now, too much of a risk. Yeah, it be best to clean up the current division while making as much money as possible too. After doing that fighting Ward would make the most sense. Also Ward isn't a big draw either, hell does he even have fans?

Turin

Banned
Fighting Ward wouldn't make sense for GGG right now, too much of a risk. Yeah, it be best to clean up the current division while making as much money as possible too. After doing that fighting Ward would make the most sense. Also Ward isn't a big draw either, hell does he even have fans?

.....Me. :-\

Tom_Cody

I like Ward a lot, but yeah, he objectively isn't a draw.

Turin

Banned
A bog enough can to travel to Oakland and watch him fight live?

I don't like anyone enough to travel across country to watch them fight. :p

He's my current favorite active boxer right now though. I box myself for fun so I really admire his skill and effectiveness and I like that he actually fights the opponent. Not just trying to score points.

Turin

Banned
I like Guillermo a lot. What he did against Donaire was great stuff.

The Agbeko fight was a bit much though, even for me.

El Topo

Sturm vs. Stieglitz is pretty entertaining right now. If you want to warm up for the Hopkins vs. Kovalev fight, you might wanna check it out.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This is going to be a great fight. I hope Hopkins wins it.

Abregu is really overrated. Argentinian Boxing stays losing.

Sadam Ali impressed tonight. Very sharp boxer, knows when to pick up the pace.

abuC

Really nice showing by Ali there, little negative at the start but considering the step up for him he did a great job.

Can't wait for Pac-Algieri , when everyone who visited the thread during Mayweather-Maidana 2[boxing casuals] swore off boxing, decide to make their return.

Top Bottom