• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Heel

2-0 Father Time

i7r9xAdQ6YjGb.gif

It's hard to know with B-Hop though. He could be aging before our eyes, or this could be exactly what he wanted the fight to look like. Sergei hasn't really proven he can go deep.

30-26 Kovalev still landing the most effective shots but Hopkins did make it competitive

EDIT: 40-35 Kovalev. He's cruising in there, Hopkins not mounting any type of offensive

50-44 Kovalev. Doing an excellent job taking what he is getting and not making a mistake. Hopkins needs a round because I doubt he can earn the KO

60-53 Kovalev still making Hopkins move on his old legs and doing his work. Hopkins is going to need a miracle to pull this out.

70-62 Kovalev landed more efficient punches but did finally get hurt by a Hopkins left hook. Here comes the late rounds.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's not happening, no way Hop can KO Kovalev, and it doesn't look like Kovalev will tire out with this.

90-80 Kovalev. Ninth verse, same as the first and etc. To be honest, Kovalev might want to see if he can pull out the KO, Bernard seems geared to survival and nothing else.

120-107 Hopkins survives Kovalev's barrage, as Kovalev takes a clean sweep.

Great showcase from Kovalev, undoubtedly the best fighter at light heavyweight. Heres hoping Stevenson quits ducking him.

All kinds of credit to Bernard for surviving that at age 49, truly a legend

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm not even mad. I hope Hopkins ends it here, it's a good end.

Turin

Banned
Bernard can get out with his dignity and his health.

Kovalev's got an exciting career ahead of him. I hope he crushes Stevenson.

Wall

Much respect to Hopkins. To even be in the ring at 49 years old is incredible.

Kovalev is an entertaining fighter who should be great for the division. I hope Stevenson stops ducking him.

Overall, nice "passing of the torch" fight.

Wall

I think Hopkins was taking a shot at Adonis Stevenson. He has the only remaining belt at LHW not possessed by Kovalev.

jchap

B-Hop finally bit off a bit too much. I think he got lucky that this didn't happen in the Dawson fight a few years ago as well. He should stick to super middle and below or better yet just retire. A 50 year old should never take the physical punishment he took last night. Enjoy the hall of fame and your promoting and media career.

abuC

Much respect to Hopkins. To even be in the ring at 49 years old is incredible.

Kovalev is an entertaining fighter who should be great for the division. I hope Stevenson stops ducking him.

Overall, nice "passing of the torch" fight.

Stevenson would get put to sleep by Kovalev, he wants no part of that dance.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
It's been a shit year for me and betting. I lost bets on Cotto vs. Martinez, Lara vs. Canelo and now Hopkins. Last year, I completely dominated on Boxing Betting. Can't win em all I guess.

El Topo

Klitschko fight won't be interesting.

Jab, Jab, Straight, clinch, repeat. Win.

But can he pull that off against Pulev, who's pretty sturdy and has similar reach/style? There's also the inevitable age problem, not to mention several possible external factors (not wanting to lose the HBO contract or the chance for the title unification, his fiance is pregnant, turmoil in Ukraine).

Not saying the match will necessarily be exciting (esp. as Pulev is not a knockout machine), but it's a matchup with potential on paper.

Top Bottom