• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

abuC

Stiverne / Wilder all access is pretty good, part of me wants Wilder to win just because it would make the better story.

BadAss2961

Stiverne / Wilder all access is pretty good, part of me wants Wilder to win just because it would make the better story.
I like Stiverne, but I want Wilder to win because he's the more interesting matchup for Wlad.

I just hope Wilder isn't one of those athlete-turned-fighter types that crumble once they're hit hard.

abuC

I like Stiverne, but I want Wilder to win because he's the more interesting matchup for Wlad.

I just hope Wilder isn't one of those athlete-turned-fighter types that crumble once they're hit hard.

Same here, I like Stiverne more, but I want the cabdriver crusher to win just because it's more interesting.

But, Deontay has a glass chin which is why he's avoided anyone with a hint of boxing talent to this point, he got slumped in amateurs and Haye rocked him in sparring too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2QjTroBo4U

xkm89FM.gif

The first heavy overhand right that connects against him will put him to sleep.

He'll get jabbed to death by Wlad.

Wlad wouldn't have a reach advantage so it would be pretty interesting to see how he deals with someone longer than himself.

BadAss2961

I never saw those. Pretty much confirms my worries about Wilder.

Stiverne has all the tools and patience to land that overhand right. For Wilder, it's all a matter of if he can get the knockout before it happens.

jimbor

Banned
Same here, I like Stiverne more, but I want the cabdriver crusher to win just because it's more interesting.

But, Deontay has a glass chin which is why he's avoided anyone with a hint of boxing talent to this point, he got slumped in amateurs and Haye rocked him in sparring too:

xkm89FM.gif

Wlad wouldn't have a reach advantage so it would be pretty interesting to see how he deals with someone longer than himself.
It's not like Wilder utilises his reach effectively so I don't see it being an issue.

Boogybro

xkm89FM.gif

To be fair to him, Haye has got a huge punch on him, and he was only put on jelly legs.

Then again, they are only sparring. And with headgear and bigger gloves, so...

jchap

Regardless of whether Wilder gets "exposed" or not I'm just happy that we can finally get a litmus test on him against a decent heavyweight.

I hope he wins just to get some hype back into the HW division.

jchap

Wilder took a round off.. that or he is gassed

Stiverne is slowing down too...

Wilder's jab is really doing its job

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Welp, you'd think things would have changed when Wilder was gassing out, but Stiverne would never connect solidly.

jchap

That was a fun fight but I can't say I'm overly impressed with Wilder as a fighter.

He fought tonight like Wlad minus the clinching. Once he learns to clinch excessively while throwing heavy jabs and strait rights and taking no chances he will be Euro level.

Turin

Banned
Very good night of fights. Wilder surprised me.

His management should probably keep him away from Wladimir for as long as they can.

BadAss2961

Wilder showed that he can box his way to a decision against a game opponent. Great win for him.

I don't see the point of keeping him away from Wlad. The big prize is to beat him since he's the real champ and everyone knows it. Why not go for it all now instead of risking getting knocked out against an underdog? That's the way it goes with heavyweights.

To be the man, you've got to beat the man. Wooooooooo

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, really impressed with Wilder tonight.

Not so much that he was stellar.. but that he fought really contained, stuck to his gameplan, didn't make a "bunch" of mistakes and went a full 12rds against a really tough guy.

Well deserved win.. and great experience...

..and to the guy above posting the sparring gif... sparring doesn't mean shit.. that's like posting up videos of some NBA guy bricking freethrows from practice.

Top Bottom