• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Turin

Banned
Khan probably has the fastest hands in boxing right now. The range and velocity is insane.

Let's see the Floyd fight(if Pacquiao doesn't happen).

Got to give Khan big props for that, I never expected a near shut out!

He looks much more comfortable @ 147 and much more disciplined with Virgil Hunter in his corner.

I'd like to see him and Kell Brook get it on if Manny and Floyd do, but if Mayweather and Pacman can't make it happen, Khan is as good a test for Mayweather as anyone else at 147 right now.

TuXx

Wouldn't be a Top Rank card without any funny business. Wonder if this has anything to do with Manny or Arum keeping Tim busy with a rematch.

3Sixty

Thought Khan was sensational last night. Love watching him when he fights like that, unbelievable hand speed. Nasty jab, quick combos, in and out. Woof.

Don't know anything about Alexander's trainer but if i was Devon I'd can his ass for starters.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, last night was some BS.

Herrera and Bradley were both robbed. Herrera more-so than Bradley.. because at least Bradley didn't lose.

I had Herrera up like 8-4.. and could argue he won 10-2.

Bradley I had like 8-4 as well.. but it was arguably a bit closer.. but Bradley clearly won.

Horrible this stuff keeps happening... especially when the cards are so bad... 116-112 for Chaves is beyond fucking ridiculous and all the scores for Benavidez against Herrera should be burned into ash, then that ash loaded onto a rocket and launched into space.

On boxers who are slick and elusive, like Alexander, Malignaggi, and Kotelnik, no one is able to land so cleanly at will on these types of boxers, as Amir Khan. Its a supremely rare talent.

To shut out a boxer like Alexander who Floyd Mayweather once labeled as his heir, at his own game, is seriously impressive. Khan looked insanely fast and sharp man in there. Also, he seems to be one of the few nice guys in boxing, so its cool to see him do well.

LOL at Hunter shouting 'keep focused' to Khan over and over.

Fritz Sdunek dies at age 67. Every german boxing fan will know him for sure.

Fritz_Sdunek_1548-300x300.jpg

sdunek-DW-Sport-Munich.jpg

ma-interview-fritz-sdunek-514.jpg

True legend. It was always him or Ulli Wegner who coahced the successful boxers 'Made in Germany'.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Yahoo reporting that Pacquiao and his team have agreed to terms for a May 2nd fight.
Mayweathers' camp hasn't agreed yet, and might still pull some shit, but this is the closest we've got.

Yahoo

Tekniqs

ESPN has an article by Fat Dan saying the same.

Cautiously optimistic at this point. We don't know what these terms are and could be Arum blowing smoke again. BUT...for what it is, it's a very good sign. Now we wait for the official announcement.

jimbor

Banned
Past caring about that fight.

Who are people picking between Stiverne and Wilder? I'm on the fence but going for the slightly more proven Stiverne to derail the hype train.

Turin

Banned
Floyd will probably make a fuss about the gloves if he hasn't already.

I'm picking Stiverne by knockout. I'm not buying it with Wilder. If he proves me wrong, I'd be happy about it.

Tom_Cody

I'm picking Stiverne but I wouldn't be shocked if an upset were to occur. Wilder's experience is a joke, but I also don't think that Stiverne is as good as he looked in his last two fights. Wilder has legit power and Stiverne was hurt in both of his fights with Arreola. Wilder was hurt by a journeyman early in his career, but Stiverne was KOed by a journeyman early in his.

Based on these guy's resumes, if this were a different weight class this would be a Shobox fight.

El Topo

Stiverne's KO was debatable though (to say the least) and almost eight years ago. I think it's pretty difficult to say who'll win, even though things seem in favour of Stiverne by quite a bit (experience, fight performance).
I think we should all hope that Wilder wins though, if only so we have to endure less Don King.

Tom_Cody

Stiverne's KO was debatable though (to say the least) and almost eight years ago. I think it's pretty difficult to say who'll win, even though I'd say things seem in favour of Stiverne by quite a bit.
I think we should all hope though that Wilder wins, if only to get rid of you-know-who.
I only brought up Stiverne's KO loss because people continually bring up Wilder getting buzzed by Harold Sconiers as proof that he has no chin.

I completely agree with you that Stiverne should be considered the favorite based on the quality of his wins.

Stivernes three big wins (arreola x 2 and Ray Austin) are better quality wins than anything in Wilders entire career.

The whole fight is basically, can Wilder catch him early and if not what happens in rounds 9-12? Stiverne isn't exactly Joe Louis but I'm picking him by KO mid to late rounds.

I'd love to have an American heavyweight destroyer to pump up the sport, I'd love it. This ain't the guy.

jimbor

Banned
I only brought up Stiverne's KO loss because people continually bring up Wilder getting buzzed by Harold Sconiers as proof that he has no chin.

I completely agree with you that Stiverne should be considered the favorite based on the quality of his wins.

I think people use that in combination with him being kept away from anyone with a half decent dig.

Even though I'm picking Bermane, a Wilder win could still leave us with a lot of questions.

Tom_Cody

Stivernes three big wins (arreola x 2 and Ray Austin) are better quality wins than anything in Wilders entire career.

The whole fight is basically, can Wilder catch him early and if not what happens in rounds 9-12? Stiverne isn't exactly Joe Louis but I'm picking him by KO mid to late rounds.

I'd love to have an American heavyweight destroyer to pump up the sport, I'd love it. This ain't the guy.

I think people use that in combination with him being kept away from anyone with a half decent dig.

Even though I'm picking Bermane, a Wilder win could still leave us with a lot of questions.
No disagreement from me. I mean, Wilder has never be past round 4!

Al Haymon is dropping bombs.

Keith Thurman vs Robert Guerrero/
Broner vs Molina set for March 7th

http://www.boxingscene.com/guerrero-thurman-broner-molina-officially-announced--86313

Danny Garcia vs Lamont Peterson set for April 11th

http://www.boxingscene.com/danny-garcia-lamont-peterson-set-april-11th--86315

All on NBC. No cable.

About time keith gets a better opponent. John Molina is a decent fight for broner for once and abut time Danny fights someone worth it. Last two fights were meh.

Top Bottom