• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

abuC

Yeah, he fought like crazy to the very end of that fight and seemed fine right after it was over but fast forward to the present and he's still messed up from that fight.

Messed up is an understatement :(

box_r_abdusalamov_mb_600x400.jpg

He's been in an out of the hospital for blood & bone infections.

Leunam

Finally got to watch the fight. Good stoppage. That first body shot in the 4th looked brutal even if it seemed like more of a glance than a solid shot.

Turin

Banned
GGG's very good but I don't really think he should move up to 168. He's an average sized middleweight and he's in his 30's.

abuC

LOL

Forgot to add the best part:

Chavez Jr said this about Golovkin last Saturday night on his social media site:
”Without his power he’s not that good of a boxer, I’ll bet you GGG a million dollar of the purse that I’ll knock you out if we fight. But first, I need to beat Andrzej Fonfara and [he] is bigger and stronger [than Golovin]. Come to my weight class @GGGBoxing.”

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/02...accepts-that-1-million-bet-sign-the-contract/

Tom_Cody

Chavez Jr. called GGG out

Perfect response.

Chavez is calling out GGG from behind the Haymon fence.

Also, IMO Chavez-Fonfara is a 50/50 fight. I don't think it is at all a given that Chavez will win. He's all the way up at 175 now. He has had big weight advantages against literally every fighter he has ever faced and now he is facing someone who is actually bigger than him. I don't know what he or his people think they are going to get out of him at 175.

abuC

Think I may get tickets for the Golden Gloves final in April, not a big fan of amateur boxing but it'll be at the Barclays and would be good to see some potential future stars.

Tom_Cody

Think I may get tickets for the Golden Gloves final in April, not a big fan of amateur boxing but it'll be at the Barclays and would be good to see some potential future stars.
I'm skipping the Golden Gloves but I already have tickets to the PBC card on April 11th at the Barclays Center:

Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson
Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin
Daniel Jacobs vs. Caleb Truax
And some other Haymon prospects further down on the undercard.

Not a bad card in my opinion.

abuC

I'm skipping the Golden Gloves but I already have tickets to the PBC card on April 11th at the Barclays Center:

Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson
Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin
Daniel Jacobs vs. Caleb Truax
And some other Haymon prospects further down on the undercard.

Not a bad card in my opinion.

I was looking at that as well, I may go to that one too, the tickets aren't too bad.

abuC

Lucas Matthysse vs. Ruslan Provodnikov April 18th.

That has all the makings of a war, Ruslan only moves forward and Lucas throws bombs.

Turin

Banned
Oh Roy. :/
I'll be rooting for you as usual.

I don't really have a dog in the Thurman-Guerrero fight. Should be very good though.

I'm predicting Molina KO7 because that's what I want to happen.

pixelation

Man, the boxing community is really dead... anyways, a lot of guys were making a big deal out of the height difference between Mayweather and Pacquiao, however today at the press conference it was barely noticeable. I also heard that momma pac is crafting up some new hexing rituals... j/k

abuC

Nice little weekend with PBC on Spike Friday night

Berto / Lopez & Porter/Garcia

Then on Saturday we get Pascal / Kovalev

Reports coming in that Porter/Garcia is off and Chris Arreola vs a scrub will move into the on TV slot. Arreola weighed in the 2nd heaviest of his career.

Sure didn't take long for boxing to be boxing.

Top Bottom