• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Erislandy Lara vs Delvin Rodriguez headlining PBC on Spike tonight. Tomorrow HBO will have Nicholas Walters vs Miguel Marriaga which should be good. However, Walters failed to make weight so only Marriaga can win the belt. The co-feature has Felix Verdejo, who I like alot, taking a step up in competition against fellow undefeated prospect Ivan Najera.

On Showtime it's Deontay Wilder vs Eric Molina as well as a Super Featherweight title fight between Jose Pedraza and Andrey Klimov. Molina's a can so Wilder should smash him easily.

abuC

Erislandy Lara vs Delvin Rodriguez headlining PBC on Spike tonight. Tomorrow HBO will have Nicholas Walters vs Miguel Marriaga which should be good. However, Walters failed to make weight so only Marriaga can win the belt. The co-feature has Felix Verdejo, who I like alot, taking a step up in competition against fellow undefeated prospect Ivan Najera.

On Showtime it's Deontay Wilder vs Eric Molina as well as a Super Featherweight title fight between Jose Pedraza and Andrey Klimov. Molina's a can so Wilder should smash him easily.

A lot of knockouts on Spike so far, so much drama show!

Turin

Banned
I for one really liked what Lara did to Austin Trout. However, it would be nice if he relished the fight a bit more.

Ironically, Rigondeaux gets most of the shit for being "boring" but he does have a mean streak that pops up from time to time. Not sure I can say that about Lara.

Was at the Lara fight last night - the guy really is an incredible talent. Odd to see a lot of post-fight reactions claiming he should have finished Rodriguez off earlier. Lara simply is not that type of fighter. This doesn't change the fact that he thoroughly dominated every single round last night.

Though the fight obviously speaks for itself, the CompuBox numbers don't lie, and they are almost ludicrously one-sided.

Leunam

Was at the Lara fight last night - the guy really is an incredible talent. Odd to see a lot of post-fight reactions claiming he should have finished Rodriguez off earlier. Lara simply is not that type of fighter. This doesn't change the fact that he thoroughly dominated every single round last night.

I know it can be said for a lot of fighters, but imagine where he'd be if he had power in his shots.

Tenebrous

Cannot agree with this, especially after he beat Stiverne.

He has the attitude (minus the intellect) of Ali, while possessing little ability and a mediocre chin. The second he goes near Povetkin, Wlad, or maybe even Fury, he gets destroyed beyond belief. His KO rate is a gift from the cans he's fought to date.

Yeah I agree, I wouldn't call him a bum, he's really learning on the fly so I'll cut him slack.

He needs a better trainer. He is really about landing one punch, and then follows up with wild, inaccurate homerun swings. He should back up and do all the work from distance.

abuC

Can't believe Wilder beat Stiverne based on this performance. He must have taken Molina lightly; he's winning but he looks like shit.

He disengages by walking straight back with his hands down and his chin in the air!

I can understand why he wants no part of Povetkin.

Can't believe Wilder beat Stiverne based on this performance. He must have taken Molina lightly; he's winning but he looks like shit.

I don't blame him for taking Molina lightly. Molina was so visibly scared of Wilders power that he didn't even try to capitalize when he had Wilder hurt. And when he got in trouble he literally turned his back to run away, which inevitably made it easier for him to get knocked down. Molina was all kinds of scared.

Welp, Molina did better than I expected.

If nothing else, Wilder is easily the most entertaining heavyweight fighter.

Id bet money on Povetkin for sure tho

Excellent timing on the KO, Walters-Marriaga is only 1 round in

EDIT:

Jim Lampley just broke the news that Sergio Martinez has retired.

The right decision for him, he had broken down. It's straight to the hall of fame for Maravilla

I don't blame him for taking Molina lightly. Molina was so visibly scared of Wilders power that he didn't even try to capitalize when he had Wilder hurt. And when he got in trouble he literally turned his back to run away, which inevitably made it easier for him to get knocked down. Molina was all kinds of scared.
I'm talking about in the gym. He seemed like he expected this guy to just fall down for him. He didn't look sharp at all. Big difference from the Stiverne fight.

Top Bottom