• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

The boos drive me nuts. It was the same at the Lara fight last night. I mean, why?

Walters looks great and is clearly ahead, but Marriaga is surprising me a bit given the fact that Walters is damn near welterweight size tonight. Verdejo was impressive on the undercard.

Wilder will be exposed once he fights a top heavyweight. Anthony Joshua is the future.

EDIT: Great Round 8 for Walters.

Turin

Banned
Gotta love Walters. There's something Hopkins-esque about the way he's gradually improving technically while maintaining that hard nosed fighting mentality. He's gonna tear up the 130lb division.

Also, the commentators are absolutely right about the same day weigh ins.

abuC

chj8mcuwiaan-nr.jpg

LOL, Hollywood

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Steve Bunce is so funny. What he just said about "King Kong" and why he has this nick name, he just made that up on the fly, but so funny.

Reminds me of the time he was laughing his ass off at the Argentinian boxer, I think it might have been Maidana, having someone playing a flute on the ring, saying how beautiful it was while holding back his tears and laughter.

EDIT: Round 2 was borderline, I'll give it to Broner. 2-1 SP

The longer this goes as a brawl, the better for him IMO

hmm you think he has that much power? maidana could not take out broner.

I think he has average power (certainly less than Maidana). That prediction pedicated on AB coming into the ring overconfident, getting sloppy, and letting Porter catch him with a shot without his guards up.

abuC

That really should have couldn't as a knockdown, he took a knee a couple seconds after that straight right snapped his neck

Top Bottom