• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Who's promoting this Ward-Smith fight?

I see Tidal commercials, so I'm guessing Roc Nation Sports?

They got Buffer Da Gawd in the house

EDIT: And Stephen Curry in Ward's posse

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
"If anything can be more exciting than a 60-odd man with a bandana dancing in the ring to french reggae, let us know, send us your suggestions." lol

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Hopkins looked so worried, wonder who he is rooting for (watching the Lemieux fight). You guys missing a knockout.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah it got better, N'Dam is back in this.

edit: And knocked out.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Fight stopped. Ward did not look like his former self but still had amazing technical skills, especially footwork. I don't think this was worth his $2 million dollar pay check though. Hopefully Ward revives his career and we get GGG

I'll give Ward the pass for whatever that was supposed to be due to the layoff, but he needs to be back in ASAP. Letting that living heavy bag hang around for 9 rounds wasn't the best look. At least fight a top 10 guy in Aug/Sept.

This Fox Sports 2 fight is nuts, how is N'dam still there?

Turin

Banned
Ward didn't look quite as energetic as his two previous fights. That's fine. He's been out for a while.

I want to see him with someone like DeGale. I don't think Froch will ever step in the ring with Ward again.

Broner looked awful - Porter really dictated the pace of the entire bout. I personally didn't think AB had it in him to win if he fought Porter's fight, so no surprise there. Porter/Thurman or Brook/Thurman intrigues me, assuming the latter gets past Collazo. And shit, Spence, Jr. was fire. He needs a few more on his resume, but I have a feeling he'll be a top WW in a couple years if he stays active.

No surprise from Ward either, but that was just a pitiful matchup. I understand wanting a tuneup after his long layoff, but let's see him against a top opponent this fall. He's going to need big fights to get his name out there again. The dude simply was never a big draw in the first place, despite his technical brilliance.

As for Lemieux: GGG in the fall, please!

Tenebrous

Broner looked awful - Porter really dictated the pace of the entire bout. I personally didn't think AB had it in him to win if he fought Porter's fight, so no surprise there. Porter/Thurman or Brook/Thurman intrigues me, assuming the latter gets past Collazo. And shit, Spence, Jr. was fire. He needs a few more on his resume, but I have a feeling he'll be a top WW in a couple years if he stays active.

No surprise from Ward either, but that was just a pitiful matchup. I understand wanting a tuneup after his long layoff, but let's see him against a top opponent this fall. He's going to need big fights to get his name out there again. The dude simply was never a big draw in the first place, despite his technical brilliance.

As for Lemieux: GGG in the fall, please!

Porter vs Thurman, Brook vs Amir, Winner vs Winner for Mayweather's 50th fight.

(I know he said no more after 49, but I can see him going for 50).

Desert Storm taking on undefeated (but untested) Vargas tonight. Bradley should be too much for him, thought I expect this to be an active bout.

Top Bottom