• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Weird end to that fight. Are they saying Collazo quit? They just replayed Collazo's corner - looks like he did call it quits because he couldn't see.

Thurman had regained control after getting shook in the 5th anyway.

Turin

Banned
Thurman is weirdly inconsistent with his technique.

Just feed Khan to Floyd on September. At least the reach and speed will make it interesting for a round.

Heel

CJ0Z42UXAAUAWW0.jpg

Tenebrous

Froch retirement now official.

I've got a lot of respect for the guy. Never hid away from the toughest fights, the heart of a lion and the punch of a... Something that punches hard. Only one unavenged loss to the greatest SMW since Calzaghe, and he has the decency to say he'd probably get beat if he entered the ring with Ward again.

Would've liked one more fight, but if the mindset isn't there, then it's obviously the right move. He's got nothing left to prove, anyway.

jimbor

Banned
Froch retirement now official.

I've got a lot of respect for the guy. Never hid away from the toughest fights, the heart of a lion and the punch of a... Something that punches hard. Only one unavenged loss to the greatest SMW since Calzaghe, and he has the decency to say he'd probably get beat if he entered the ring with Ward again.

Would've liked one more fight, but if the mindset isn't there, then it's obviously the right move. He's got nothing left to prove, anyway.

Hopefully he sticks to it. Took on a young upstart in his last fight and won emphatically, no point hanging around to for GGG as there's always someone coming up to fight.

He's an egotistical twat but you can't argue with that run of fights. Hope he enjoys retirement.

Atrophis

I remember when all the American pundits thought Froch would crash out of the Super Six in the first rounds. So nice to see them eat their words. I also remember many saying the tournament was a sham because Bute wasn't involved and we all know how that ended haha.

Sad to see my favourite and home town boxer retire without getting to see him fight live but it was obvious his heart wasn't in the game any more.

About the fight between keith and collazo. I knew keith was suspect and i have been saying that he needs to prove himself more. He was in danger vs collazo. No way he deserves a fight vs floyd over khan.

All rumors point to Money fighting Berto or Khan on CBS. I'll be honest, I've had a hunch for a while that #49 would be on PBC on CBS.

PBC is Haymon's baby and CBS owns Showtime, so it's logistically feasible. On top of that, Floyd knows that PPV buys for his next fight will crash through the floor due to a dearth of marketable opponents and casual backlash to the Manny fight. Apart from his zero, Floyd is most proud of his buys. On primetime television, they can sell it as bringing boxing's biggest A-side to the fans free-of-charge, without the worry of low PPV buys in the shadow of the Cotto-Canelo behemoth (which will surely crack top five all-time buys).

TuXx

All rumors point to Money fighting Berto or Khan on CBS. I'll be honest, I've had a hunch for a while that #49 would be on PBC on CBS.

PBC is Haymon's baby and CBS owns Showtime, so it's logistically feasible. On top of that, Floyd knows that PPV buys for his next fight will crash through the floor due to a dearth of marketable opponents and casual backlash to the Manny fight. Apart from his zero, Floyd is most proud of his buys. On primetime television, they can sell it as bringing boxing's biggest A-side to the fans free-of-charge, without the worry of low PPV buys in the shadow of the Cotto-Canelo behemoth (which will surely crack top five all-time buys).

If it's free, I'm down to see Floyd vs Berto. I still think Khan would be a more competitive fight, but since he refuses to fight Brook, I'll be glad to see him not get the assignment.

BadAss2961

Berto gets the fight? Heh, that came out of nowhere. Floyd usually picks opponents with big followings. I guess he's willing to go lower profile since this is a free fight.

Just further suggests to me that this will not be Floyd's last fight.

Guillermo Rigondeaux agrees to fight Lomanchenko at 126lbs

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ux-agrees-to-fight-vasyl-lomachenko-at-126lbs

2015 has had some great fights and now we get another.

This is an absolutely amazing fight that I thought would never get made given the size differential.

Before Walters blew weight against Marriaga, a Lomachenko bout seemed a forgone conclusion. Loma-Rigo is an amazing upside to that disappointment.

Lomachenko will be Rigo's biggest test to date, despite the former's young pro career (he has a lengthy and ridiculously impressive amateur record). I detest rehydration clauses, but it is what it is. Besting Rigo would be huge for Loma's career.

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
I agree. I personally believe that Thurman demonstrated this past weekend that he is not a top contender against Floyd. He is a great fighter but not top caliber and his attributes are things that Floyd has already experienced with other fighters in the past. Honestly, Mayweather already proved that he is the best of his era, it is a shame that there are not many other names in the division that would be a good fight against him. Khan deserves his shot but we all know the outcome.

Tenebrous

Guillermo Rigondeaux agrees to fight Lomanchenko at 126lbs

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ux-agrees-to-fight-vasyl-lomachenko-at-126lbs

2015 has had some great fights and now we get another.

Wow. Yes please!

Khan does because he is more proven and his style is better vs floyd than thurman's.

Khan is still a 140 pounder that moved up to where the money is. He's not accomplished anything of note at welterweight, and doesn't deserve the fight because of that.

Brook is the IBF champ. If not Thurman, then give Brook the fight. Either/or works for me.

Wow. Yes please!

Khan is still a 140 pounder that moved up to where the money is. He's not accomplished anything of note at welterweight, and doesn't deserve the fight because of that.

Brook is the IBF champ. If not Thurman, then give Brook the fight. Either/or works for me.

Well khan did look suspect his last fight. Ideally khan and brook would have fought by now and the winner gets the fight. I just don't see how Keith deserves it more than khan when comparing the two.

Well khan did look suspect his last fight. Ideally khan and brook would have fought by now and the winner gets the fight. I just don't see how Keith deserves it more than khan when comparing the two.

I feel like Khan is at his best when he boxes and I really don't see Floyd getting outboxed anytime soon. In this regard Thurman is a bit more of a wild card in a match up against Floyd as he's got the power to change the complexion of the fight in a single landed punch. Even if that's an outside chance of a possibility, I find it more interesting than a Khan match up.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This Imam guy sure looks nervous, like he gotta watch his back or someone will shoot him lol.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So far looks like Chavez is gonna win, maybe he'll get gassed out soon though.

pixelation

Chavez looks like a freaking cruiserweight.

Stopped watching that freaking Chavez whale, he's gonna win... but i'm pissed, he looks enormous compared to the other dude, he complained that Fonfara was heavier than him... so now he turns around and does the same thing to Reyes. What a pathetic loser, can't stand that guy... i hope that Reyes wins by some miracle but who am i kidding.

Tenebrous

Title holder, natural welterweight, undefeated, powerful.

Amir Khan? Jumped up LWW, seemingly just after money. Has never even tried to avenge one of his defeats... What kinda boxer doesn't try to avenge their defeats? He's just about everything I hate in a modern boxer.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Chavez basically hit his own head against Reyes, that was a bullshit deduction.

Top Bottom