• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Forgot this was HBO's 1,000th fight or whatever. Just had a pretty cool highlight reel to kick things off.

To be clear, the Valdez-Tamayo undercard match is the 1,000th, not Bradley-Vargas.

abuC

Jesus Christ fucking boxing

nxMBqb4.gif

Kellerman keeps calling that a 10-8 round. Does he know how fights are scored?

Great shot by Vargas but he was otherwise outclassed. No rematch necessary in my mind. Bradley's luck with controversial wins has to be frustrating.

jayvo

Vargas didn't really think he could finish Bradley with 10 seconds left did he? I mean, this is the same Bradley that survived Provodnikov. And Vargas doesn't have near the power that Provodnikov has. A rematch is unnecessary.

Turin

Banned
Bradley's chin and survival instincts are almost unreal. Most humans would have at least been put on their ass.

Tim's been one of my most favorite fighters since 2008. He hasn't disappointed me since.

3Sixty

Fury vs Wlad set for October 24th.

Personally i think Fury is abit underrated by most people. He's a big guy but moves well, decent boxing skills, deceptively quick.

However he is doesn't have 1 punch power and fights mostly on the outside so pretty much perfect for Klitschko

Tenebrous

Fury vs Wlad set for October 24th.

Personally i think Fury is abit underrated by most people. He's a big guy but moves well, decent boxing skills, deceptively quick.

However he is doesn't have 1 punch power and fights mostly on the outside so pretty much perfect for Klitschko

Agreed. Everyone thought Chisora would give him hell in the rematch, but Fury took it up a level and produced the best performance of his career so far, winning pretty much every round in the process. If he makes another jump up and brings his A game vs Wlad, who's now 38/39, then I do give him a chance.

El Topo

Fury's resume is pretty bad, but he's talented and Wlad is getting old. After Pulev and Jennings I'm not getting my hopes up just yet though. For all I know, Fury could just be the next British hypejob.

Edit:
Sorry for the double post. No idea how that happened.

abuC

Good fight, but this match-up lost a tremendous amount of luster in the last 2 years.

Mares was bombed out by Gonzalez, ran away from a rematch, looked flat in his fights since then, and then Gonzalez was destroyed by Garry Russell Jr. And Santa Cruz has been beyond Stagnant in that timeframe.

Again, still a good fight though.

Neither want to give Rigondeaux a fight :(

Thurman-Collazo tomorrow night on PBC's debut on ESPN. Always enjoy watching Thurman fight, and he really needs to smoke Collazo to continue his upward trend at WW.

Tony Harrison is on the televised undercard against Willie Nelson. Harrison is an interesting an undefeated MW, though highly untested at this point.

Tom_Cody

Thurman-Collazo tomorrow night on PBC's debut on ESPN. Always enjoy watching Thurman fight, and he really needs to smoke Collazo to continue his upward trend at WW.

Tony Harrison is on the televised undercard against Willie Nelson. Harrison is an interesting an undefeated MW, though highly untested at this point.
Collazo is a potential spoiler for anyone at 147, though I would have been much more interested if Thurman hadn't already proven he can win a fight like this against Leonard Bundu. A KO would be a great scalp for Thurman, but he is most likely going to end up with an ugly UD.

Cj01

Anyone else think that if Thurman is amazing tonight he gets the call to fight Money?

I know lately his handlers having been saying bad things about One time and that its not an option, but that could be why Mayweather laid out that cryptic apology the other day, so that if does accept One time people are not saying well why did your people say No.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom