• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Tom_Cody

12247011_1015637681822083_9011961786849390720_n.jpg
This should be a great action fight. Lots of contact guaranteed. I think Garcia might be able to stop Guerrero for the first time.

Tom_Cody

PBC tonight on ESPN:

0096912001445282223_filepicker.jpg
This feels like an ESPN card of old prior to the PBC taking the reigns of the broadcasts; meaning a step down in quality versus their recent offerings.

Oh well, I'll still be watching. It's nice that Lara is able to stay active.

abuC

Honestly, I don't know that many people, but my old man keeps asking me about it, and he DKSAB.

Still, it doesn't seem to be a huge deal. Haye was all over the TV before he beat the giant, but Fury non-Sky TV presence seems rather minimal. I fully expect Anthony Joshua to be all over the place when he gets his shot.

I guess he needs to win before it makes waves then.

Joshua has the olympic pedigree so it's kind of understandable why he's a big deal and will be huge in a few years.

Tenebrous

I guess he needs to win before it makes waves then.

Joshua has the olympic pedigree so it's kind of understandable why he's a big deal and will be huge in a few years.

Joshua has a few more things than that going for him. Most important is the fact that he's not a gypsy.

Shit, I don't even like Fury but I ain't gonna complain about Grabamir Clinchko's boring reign coming to an end. Joe Louis and Larry Holmes>that bum.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yeah I'm watching. Good fight. I think it's pretty even but Bute will probably win it, especially with that ending in the 11th.

Yeah Bute gets it, or a draw.

edit: DeGale's wife is hot.

edit: Guess not, but that score was too wide.

R1CHO

Hi guys, is there a good online resource to keep track of the fights? Something that let you subscribe by boxer and sends you an alert of that kind of thing.

Tom_Cody

Hi guys, is there a good online resource to keep track of the fights? Something that let you subscribe by boxer and sends you an alert of that kind of thing.
Hmm. I'm not sure of exactly what you mean. Fighters only fight a few times a year, so it isn't that difficult to keep tabs on the ones you're interested in.

Boxingscene is a good news resource.

R1CHO

Hmm. I'm not sure of exactly what you mean. Fighters only fight a few times a year, so it isn't that difficult to keep tabs on the ones you're interested in.

Boxingscene is a good news resource.

You are probably right, but I don't really follow the sport very closely, sometimes I make a calendar reminder about a fight, but others I just forget about looking for the dates and miss it.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Froch running his mouth about Golovkin again, says he'll tear him to pieces at 172

Carl Froch has opened negotiations for a comeback fight with Gennady Golovkin, the Kazakh world middleweight champion whose fearsome KO record puts him among the top pound-for-pound boxers in the world.

Informal talks with Golovkin’s American promoter, Tom Loefler, began when they met at a Sky Sports party in Dusseldorf on the eve of Tyson Fury’s world heavyweight title challenge to Wladimir Klitschko.

Discussions are continuing during the weekend, centred upon the catch-weight at which the fight could take place.

GGG to brutalize Froch in front of 80,000 people.

Tom_Cody

Maybe BoxRec? I think they have an app, but I have no idea what it can do.

You are probably right, but I don't really follow the sport very closely, sometimes I make a calendar reminder about a fight, but others I just forget about looking for the dates and miss it.

Thanks for the recommendations.
Yup, boxrec is an amazing resource and they have important upcoming fights listed on their front page.

If you specifically want fight listings, Sunday Puncher does a comprehensive list of upcoming televised fights every week.
http://www.sundaypuncher.com/tv-schedule-previews/

At the beginning of his career, I was a Froch supporter, then he started becoming arrogant, and then his wife started to become his manager. Don't get me wrong; I understand and appreciate how an athletes' wife supports him, but do it in a way that's dignified.

Tenebrous

Agreed. I'll always enjoy watching him in the ring, but he seems to carry himself a little bit too seriously for my liking... I don't know, something about him just puts me off.

But still, a great British boxer, and I hope he stays retired.

I was very impressed a man his age (obviously started boxing late) boxed and kept up with other competitors. I would have loved a Froch vs Hopkins or Jones Jr.

Tenebrous

RJJ was too past it when Froch became relevant. BHop probably could've given him a fair fight, although both he & Jones are leagues ahead in their prime.

studyguy

Since we're talking about Fury in here
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34959206

I don't see Fury losing anyway, but it's pretty fitting considering the kind of shit Haye pulled. I don't really buy into the conspiracy theories running around saying Haye hurt himself on purpose but all the same. Dude made his bed long ago with the shit he said. Either way dude has work to put in to even be considered/earn a shot now anyway.

Anyway I doubt Fury would decline if the money was good despite what he says.

El Topo

Haye is not going to get a shot, not after he dropped out from their previous bout. Maybe he can somehow get a mandatory title shot if Leapai could get one, but otherwise? No.
There's a lot easier and reliable ways for Fury to bring in a lot of money. Haye deserves jack shit.

Tenebrous

Joe vs Carl would have done massive numbers

Maybe. I think it would've done bigger numbers today now Sky & Eddie Hearn are turning it up a bit.

Since we're talking about Fury in here
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/34959206

I don't see Fury losing anyway, but it's pretty fitting considering the kind of shit Haye pulled. I don't really buy into the conspiracy theories running around saying Haye hurt himself on purpose but all the same. Dude made his bed long ago with the shit he said. Either way dude has work to put in to even be considered/earn a shot now anyway.

Anyway I doubt Fury would decline if the money was good despite what he says.

I hope Fury sticks to his guns and tells Haye to get fucked. Dude pulled out of the fight twice, leaving Fury high & dry. Who the fuck trains without a headguard just a week from a bout of that size?

Top Bottom