• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Welp, wish I could say I was surprised...

Looks like Canelo is chasing down Liam Smith's 154lb WBO belt. Yes, the Liam Smith who essentially got the belt by default after Andrade vacated for inactivity (OK, he beat John Thompson, but that was a "title fight" in name only). And, yes, that is a 154lb belt.

Why chase down a 154lb belt when you have your shiny new 160lb belt to defend? Why, to add to what is assuredly a growing list of excuses to not fight Golovkin. Canelo built his career on smaller guys, why stop now?

Anything to avoid GGG.

CYkXJEOWMAAG5jI.png

Saunders also ducking him by turning down £3m to go to the US? Now he says he will only fight Golovkin if he comes to the UK, I hope he comes over and smashes this Gypsy coward.

Turin

Banned
He'll fight at 154 and tell the world that he's a natural junior middleweight. That way he seems to have an excuse to bring GGG down to 155.

smh

El Topo

Same level as Eric Molina, B fighter with a punchers chance that has already been KO'd, that seems to be the template for Wilders opponents.

Szpilka at least fought a bit more decent competition and beat an old Adamek. He's also still quite young. I'm not saying he's great, last time I saw him was against Jennings, but he's not horrid. Not champion-level competition, but the kind of guy you'd fight before a real defense to stay busy.

Isn't Haye on tonight? Anyone going to waste their time?

Shit. I think I might, if only for some laughter.

Top Bottom