• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Wall

Wilder's length and conditioning will give anyone in the division problems even if he's not the most skilled or coordinated guy in the world.

harSon

Banned
jesus

LimpingOldFieldspaniel.gif

Biolink

When it happens Fury outboxes Wilder fairly easy(That's if Wilder even makes it past Povetkin)

Wilder is exciting, but I can't stomach manufactured champs.

abuC

When it happens Fury outboxes Wilder fairly easy(That's if Wilder even makes it past Povetkin)

Wilder is exciting, but I can't stomach manufactured champs.

To his credit Wilder did beat a top 10 HW opponent to win his belt, so while his record does have a lot of fluff he beat someone people thought highly of.

jchap

Wlad was so passive he basically gave his belt away. I dont think the rematch will be similar and I dont think Fury matches up well with Wilder

charsace

I doubt Fury would outbox wilder. He might have a higher skill level, but he doesn't have the athletic ability to not catch Wilder's right hand.

Biolink

To his credit Wilder did beat a top 10 HW opponent to win his belt, so while his record does have a lot of fluff he beat someone people thought highly of.

He did all that was asked of him I guess. As long as his competition keeps trending up I could learn to like him, but as of now "meh".

Biolink

I doubt Fury would outbox wilder. He might have a higher skill level, but he doesn't have the athletic ability to not catch Wilder's right hand.

What makes you doubt that? This last fight wasn't some massacre. Spzilka definitely had moments and he's not even in the same league as Fury (And trust me I live in Chicago. I've seen Arthur more than enough). Arthur is 6'2, no jab, no defense. He is pretty "slick" on offense. Was giving Wilder a pretty good go, until the KO. I fail to see how he's going to beat a 6'9" guy who has slick movement, has a great jab and has a reach to keep him on the end of a jab.

Deontay relies too much on his athleticism for me. He has a mediocre jab, shit footwork, poor balance, and a very leaky defense. You can tell he was just an athletic guy that got into it and lacks amateur experience.

And by what you even say

"He might have a higher skill level"

Exactly. Give me skill all day over "He might land a big right"

Who is this 6'9" heavy with slick movement and a great jab? Dying to meet him; lol Fury vs Wlad was the most sorry display of championship fighting I've seen in my life. If that was the best of Fury, then that belt won't last long around his waist.

The WBA announced a tournament to get rid of their Super/Regular/Interim belts at heavy and just have one champ. There's some fuckery with FRES OQUENDO having a first round bye and only being in due to a court order. LOL.

Kahn talking shit on Twitter, then Matchroom reveals he wants a guaranteed £10m, 80/20 split to fight Kell Brook

Mike_tysons_laughing-12385.gif

They've offered this coward a 60/40 split in his favour for a Wembley Stadium June showdown.

Tom_Cody

Kahn talking shit on Twitter, then Matchroom reveals he wants a guaranteed £10m, 80/20 split to fight Kell Brook

They've offered this coward a 60/40 split in his favour for a Wembley Stadium June showdown.
80/20 is closer to the correct split. Brook has only fought one top-30 fighter in his entire career.

harSon

Banned
Everyone is getting busy now that Wlad is done. Understandable. Kinda wish Wlad would just retire, given how entertaining this past month has been.

Yeah, the Heavyweight division has been more exciting then its been in a long time. I'd like to see someone fight Ortiz too. Too bad he's already in his mid 30s :/

Biolink

He can't bend him over like that, but Khan definitely deserves a bigger share. Maybe 65/35

I can't stand Khan and his blabbering, but Brook shouldn't be rewarded for feasting on domestic level guys while Khan has at least been testing himself at the world level(Even if Garcia or Peterson were expected to be easy touches).

Biolink

Who is this 6'9" heavy with slick movement and a great jab? Dying to meet him; lol Fury vs Wlad was the most sorry display of championship fighting I've seen in my life. If that was the best of Fury, then that belt won't last long around his waist.

It might not, but Wilder isn't the one taking it from him, believe that.

And one fight at the top of the top level is evidence of Fury's boxing abilities not being there? That wouldn't be the first time in boxing history a fight between two top ranked opponents turned out a dull chess match. The largest selling 'super' fight in history just last summer was one of them.

Top Bottom