• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

It might not, but Wilder isn't the one taking it from him, believe that.

And one fight at the top of the top level is evidence of Fury's boxing abilities not being there? That wouldn't be the first time in boxing history a fight between two top ranked opponents turned out a dull chess match. The largest selling 'super' fight in history just last summer was one of them.
Fury in my eyes has never showed top notch boxing skills. More of an indictment of the state of heavyweight boxing these days. If Wilder was in that ring that night instead of Wlad, Fury would have a loss. It wasn't about being a dull chess match, they both looked totally clumsy and ineffective. I think Joshua beats him, Haye beats him; he's just not good.

Garcia's spot as a top guy in terms of draw power is sort of funny. He has looked for years like they are trying to put him on that PPV track but he hasn't really turned the corner.

PR_rambo

Banned
His shit talking father and the fact that he kinda stole one from Mauricio Herrera.
Beating fan friendly favorites like Amir Khan, and Lucas Matthysse are more to blame IMO. Danny is the best overachiever in the sport, and doesn't fit the bill, so people hate him, but he's won every fight, and now he's a two division champ, he's got my respect.

Atrophis

Garcia remains one of the biggest frauds in the sport. This fight also had some of the most embarrassing commentary I've ever heard.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Anyone watching tonight's fight? Kovalev will win this easily again.

Card is starting on HBO now:

splash.1449612969.0.jpg

edit: You missed a good undercard fight between Lafreniere and St-Juste! Commentators say it may be the fight of the year already, could be.

Top Bottom