• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Klit's manager confirmed the fight? Joshua just posted this on Twatter

Anthony Joshua –
Verified account ‏@anthonyfjoshua
Watch The Throne 👑 #AJBoxing #TBT

cti2i5iwcaetjgkyrjxh.jpg

AJ by 5th rnd KO

Beefy

‏@paddypower

Reports coming in that Tyson Fury is likely to be stripped of his belts after testing positive for cocaine.

3Sixty

Nathan Cleverly is fighting Braehmer for the fake WBA belt.

I question the tactics of standing and trading with a bloke who has more KO's than you've had fights when your known for having the softest hands in the world.

I 8th round KO for Braehmer coming up

TheCrow

Man, I'm starting to have doubts that the Golovkin-Jacobs fight happens, well at least in December. Looks like Danny Jacobs wants an interim fight before fighting Golovkin. I can see Jacobs dropping his belt since K2 is willing to go to a purse bid.

Yeah that fight isn't happening:

"WBA rejected Danny Jacobs’ request for a larger percentage of the pending purse bid, agreeing that Gennady Golovkin will get a 75-25 share of the pot instead of the 60-40 take that Jacobs’ side was asking for"

Will Saunders keep his word?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NDTfeiLnzBw

Fury vacates:

“I feel that it is only fair and right and for the good of boxing to keep the titles active and allow the other contenders to fight for the vacant belts that I proudly won and held as the undefeated heavyweight champion of the world when I defeated the long-standing champion Wladimir Klitschko,”

“I won the titles in the ring and I believe that they should be lost in the ring, but I’m unable to defend at this time and I have taken the hard and emotional decision to now officially vacate my treasured World titles and wish the next in-line contenders all the very best as I now enter another big challenge in my life which I know, like against Klitschko, I will conquer."

Ash_69

So AJ vs Klitschko is done. Interesting seeing the bookies making AJ favourite. You feel as though Father Time has claimed his next victim and AJ will retire the slow lethargic Klitschko by a brutal ko. This fight won't go past 6 rounds.

Tom_Cody

So AJ vs Klitschko is done. Interesting seeing the bookies making AJ favourite. You feel as though Father Time has claimed his next victim and AJ will retire the slow lethargic Klitschko by a brutal ko. This fight won't go past 6 rounds.
I'm in total shock. It promises to be a huge event.

Sounds like Klit has ducked AJ and will instead fight Lucas Browne in Germany on Dec 10th.

China chinned David Price wants to take his place 😩

No Golovkin vs Jacobs fight either this year according to all the news reports, Jacobs needs more time to prepare before he fights GGG.

Tom_Cody

Showtime's full schedule is looking pretty nice:

Dec. 10: Jesus Cuellar (28-1, 21 KOs) vs. Abner Mares (29-2-1, 15 KOs)
Jermall Charlo (24-0, 18 KOs) vs. Julian Williams (22-0-1, 14 KOs)

Jan. 14: Badou Jack (20-1-2, 12 KOs) vs. James DeGale (23-1, 14 KOs)

Jan. 28: Carl Frampton (23-0, 14 KOs) vs. Leo Santa Cruz (32-1-1, 18 KOs)
Dejan Zlaticanin (18-0, 11 KOs) vs. Mikey Garcia (35-0, 29 KOs)

Feb. 11: Adrien Broner (32-2, 24 KOs) vs. Adrian Granados (18-4-2, 12 KOs)

March 4: Danny Garcia (32-0, 18 KOs) vs. Keith Thurman (27-0, 22 KOs)

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Bu5TYuWNE

King Kovu

Dec. 10: Jesus Cuellar (28-1, 21 KOs) vs. Abner Mares (29-2-1, 15 KOs)
Jermall Charlo (24-0, 18 KOs) vs. Julian Williams (22-0-1, 14 KOs)

Jan. 14: Badou Jack (20-1-2, 12 KOs) vs. James DeGale (23-1, 14 KOs)

Jan. 28: Carl Frampton (23-0, 14 KOs) vs. Leo Santa Cruz (32-1-1, 18 KOs)
Dejan Zlaticanin (18-0, 11 KOs) vs. Mikey Garcia (35-0, 29 KOs)

Feb. 11: Adrien Broner (32-2, 24 KOs) vs. Adrian Granados (18-4-2, 12 KOs)

March 4: Danny Garcia (32-0, 18 KOs) vs. Keith Thurman (27-0, 22 KOs)

So many good fights here's my picks.

Pacquiao vs Vargas tonight. It's not the fight I wanted for Pac but it's something ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Been a weak end of the year for Boxing.

studyguy

Man Osawa gonna have a bad night. Dude took like nothing but straight bombs to the head all night. That was kinda hard to watch after the knock down there... Dude clearly has a chin but fuck...

Not even Pacquiao can keep the boxing thread on the first page... what a shame... boxing really is dying...

They've been claiming Boxing is dying for decades now.

Vargas takes this one by TKO/KO tonight.

As long as Pacquiao isn't shot, a serviceable Pac man will either KO or win by unanimous decision over Vargas. Pacquiao does everything better than Jesse Vargas. I don't have confidence in any fighter when their only shot is if old age has finally caught up to their opponent.

studyguy

Guess you gotta kill time before knocking Pac out. Eh whatever.

My hope for this fight: new pac-mom gif of her doing voodoo. Other than that we'll see.

kasane

HOLY FUCKING SHIT STEPHEN A SMITH JUST SHUT UP

edit: bradleys gonna punch SaS sooner or later to make him realize that punches hurt rofl

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Was actually close early.. but Vargas has really let Pac win almost all the late rounds.... just not trying very hard to actually win this.

He got's 10 years of youth on Pac... try to push the pace for fuck's sake.... Pac's 37.

Go out on your shield.. but at least try.

Vargas is just a tough, solid and incredibly basic fighter, nothing more nothing less; despite the age difference there's still a wide gap between them athletically, and skill wise.

Top Bottom