• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Syder

Haha, that pensive look on Molina's face as he sat there in the corner.

Not sure why Haye is so eager to face Joshua. He'd murder him.

Hyped for the Klitschko fight now.

klitschko looks like he's lost quite a bit of muscle mass considering he was only injured a few months ago, maybe it's just because of him wearing a suit being deceiving though.

Syder

I have no doubt Klitschko will be in top shape for the fight but he probably knows this is a passing of the torch and a payday.

PR_rambo

Banned
Crowd is fucking hating Charlo, rightly so, he displayed some shit sportsmanship, and his apology was basically "I'm sorry. but not really" Just embrace the villain role

That aside, great performance, he basically won with the two knockdowns, Williams was outboxing him, but power made the difference.

Charlo vs Canelo is the best fight at 154, they should make it happen but who knows what Canelo is even up to

Impressive win by Charlo. Shame he's such a sore winner. Him vs Canelo or Andrade would be good fights at 154 but he might be headed to 160 instead.

PR_rambo

Banned
Crawford looking to win the rest of the junior welterweight belt, wish he'd get a chance at Paquiao but Freddie Roach will never let Manny go out like that

Arum has also teased a fight at 137 between Bud and Lomachenko, but I can't see it happening, Crawford is too big for Lomachenko.

Some good scraps over the weekend, especially Whyte vs Chisora - not top drawer skills, but real heart and grit shown by both guys. Surprised Parker outpointed Ruiz Jnr, but from what I saw of the highlights, neither would trouble Joshua.

A couple of Molina Mismatches (Joshua and Crawford), but a real good win for Charlo, and also Abner Mares - I thought Cuellar would win, but Mares fought a good fight, I think he definitely has learned something from Garcia.

And another UK world champ in Khalid Yafai!

I'd take Bud over Burns, Indongo, and Pacquiao. Question is, who will step in the ring with him?

Bear in mind Crawford already beat burns relatively comfortably in Glasgow, although it was during a period where Burns was not at his best, but I think both Burns and Hearns made noises after the fight that they would not be looking for a return as Crawford's style and talent would likely be too much for Burns even at his best.

The fact that although Burns lost to Crawford, he was still competetive all the way should underline that Burns is a LOT better than many folks give him credit for.

Still think Burns at his best would beat Broner though, and there was noises of that happening early 2017, but who knows...

Awesome news. I'm probably going to go live. Garcia-Thurman is the same month so I might have to make a hard decision.

Both really good fights. Unless you're Puerto Rican or a superfan for either Garcia or Thurman, then Daniel Jacobs vs Gennady Golovkin in MSG will be the better experience and bigger event.

Tom_Cody

Both really good fights. Unless you're Puerto Rican or a superfan for either Garcia or Thurman, then Daniel Jacobs vs Gennady Golovkin in MSG will be the better experience and bigger event.
Eh, not so sure about that.

I went Golovkin's last fight at MSG and I've also been to a bunch of PBC shows at the Barclays center. The PBC shows have been night & day better. Lots of great undercard fights (both televised and non-televised). The GGG card had nothing but mismatches and nothing of note outside of the televised fights (which were themselves mismatches).

Also, I'm expecting Thurman-Porter to be a much better and more competitive fight. I'm pumped for Jacobs-GGG, but Jacobs' questionable chin means that it could be a quick KO.

Eh, not so sure about that.

I went Golovkin's last fight at MSG and I've also been to a bunch of PBC shows at the Barclays center. The PBC shows have been night & day better. Lots of great undercard fights (both televised and non-televised). The GGG card had nothing but mismatches and nothing of note outside of the televised fights (which were themselves mismatches).

Also, I'm expecting Thurman-Porter to be a much better and more competitive fight. I'm pumped for Jacobs-GGG, but Jacobs' questionable chin means that it could be a quick KO.

Sounds like you already know where you're going to go. You're right about Thurman vs Garcia probably being the more competitive fight. Do you think Garcia will pull in a nice Nuyorican base to the fight? I'm guessing since Philly isn't that far, philly fans may come out there in support of Garcia.

I'm expecting GGG to KO Jacobs, but at least Jacobs has athleticism and power and decent technical skills that can at least make the fight interesting.

studyguy

Out here for it live.
BQnINqE.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Haha this is weird. Hopkins and his buddies wearing lack hoods, while some women dressed in white sing in the ring, and an old man next to him sings horribly "I did it my way".

Top Bottom