• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
dream said:
Is Kellerman really arguing that Manny's lost a step based on this fight?
He's Kellerman.

It didn't sound like the other guys were buying that argument either. He's fighting a guy 20 lbs. higher than him. It's fair to judge that he didn't knock him out.

see5harp

Darkman M said:
It wasn't me two other people did i just respnded.

I know, I was referring to them. I don't blame you for hating the Pactards. But real boxing fans still recognize that Manny has few peers. PBF is one of them, I will never dispute that.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
One of the best, if not the best, match of the year.

May will NEVER fight Pac. Gonna get his ass handed to him off course :lol

see5harp

Margarito looked worse after the Clottey and Cotto fights. Margarito just couldn't land anything substantial. He was getting led around the ring like an old donkey.

I was going to come here and trash Lampley but apparently everyone here agrees with him. :lol

Why would you stop a fight with no knockdowns, and in which the fighter with the busted-up eye consistently proves to the ref and doctors that he can still see? And he's still coming forward and throwing punches consistently? Lampley is insane.

dream

see5harp said:
Margarito looked worse after the Clottey and Cotto fights. Margarito just couldn't land anything substantial. He was getting led around the ring like an old donkey.

Yeah, but we all expected the fight to look like this. Slow fighter with an iron chin vs a smaller, faster, but less powerful puncher = this gongshow.

Shady as hell what Marg's corner was saying before that last round, though... Shouldn't have sent him out there again, but I guess it's a pride thing.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
marg has a chin of steel and is tough as fuck, but come on man... anyone who knows boxing knows that pac wrecked a man tonight. dude was just taking head shots for the majority of every round nonstop. even when manny was on the rops, marg was trading even with him at best - then he'd get his shit rocked again immediately after.

see5harp

dream said:
Yeah, but we all expected the fight to look like this. Slow fighter with an iron chin vs a smaller, faster, but less powerful puncher = this gongshow.

Honestly though, Margarito was rocked multiple times. I don't think Pacquiao felt anything. Some of those uppercuts rocked Pac's head back, but he just came back with a flurry like Margarito was wearing goose down gloves.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Where does Pac go from here? Im not putting my hopes on a fight against Scaredweather. Possibly another fight with Marquez?

Oh and dont forget next week Martinez vs Williams II. If you havent seen the first fight you do yourself a favor.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
dream said:
I know, I know, but based on THIS fight? I think Manny looked better in this decision win than he did in stopping Hatton.
Perhaps he's just considering that Margarito survived, which isn't a fair argument. If PBF isn't going to fight Pac, he might as well retire, he's just coasting through everyone since there's no one to fight. It's not his fault either.

see5harp said:
Honestly though, Margarito was rocked multiple times. I don't think Pacquiao felt anything. Some of those uppercuts rocked Pac's head back, but he just came back with a flurry like Margarito was wearing goose down gloves.
I think he just said he was hurt by an uppercut.

jergrah

SSGMUN10000 said:
Where does Pac go from here? Im not putting my hopes on a fight against Scaredweather. Possibly another fight with Marquez?

Oh and dont forget next week Martinez vs Williams II. If you havent seen the first fight you do yourself a favor.

Roach said in the final 24/7 that he really thinks this will be Manny's final fight. He's dedicated to his political stuff and there's no one left to fight (who will actually fight him anyways)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
RJNavarrete said:
Shady as hell what Marg's corner was saying before that last round, though... Shouldn't have sent him out there again, but I guess it's a pride thing.
seriously... fuck that corner. a lot of guys would've knocked marg the fuck out right there for sport. they sent him out there to die for the last 3-4 rounds at least.

Luixfern

abuC said:
It would only be karma for punching Cotto with cinderblocks.
cubanflagweb.jpg

imtehman

Banned
manny is just on a ridiculous level. This fight wasn't even close.

after this fight there is no question why mayweather vs pacquiao hasn't happened yet.

dream

The thing about PBF is he's so perfect when it comes to defense. It would be very, very different from any fight Manny's ever been in.

VARGAS SIGHTING!

DY_nasty said:
marg has a chin of steel and is tough as fuck, but come on man... anyone who knows boxing knows that pac wrecked a man tonight. dude was just taking head shots for the majority of every round nonstop. even when manny was on the rops, marg was trading even with him at best - then he'd get his shit rocked again immediately after.

this. Marg would get a few glancing shots while pacquiao would throw short, powerful, and accurate blows to margarito's head, and follow up with more blows. It was poetry in motion

Baby Milo said:
:lol winning a title at a catchweight that was stripped from Sergio because your scared to fight him isn't deserving of anything
speaking of scared.
what are the odds bitchweather will come out with an idiotic interview within 48hours to downplay this fight?

Darkman M

DY_nasty said:
seriously... fuck that corner. a lot of guys would've knocked marg the fuck out right there for sport. they sent him out there to die for the last 3-4 rounds at least.

He should probably hang em up after this.

Angry Grimace

viakado said:
speaking of scared.
what are the odds bitchweather will come out with an idiotic interview within 48hours to downplay this fight?
Odds? It's a certainty

DY_nasty said:
"It's the last fucking round. Get out there! It's the last fucking round man!"

Yikes. Completely reckless and irresponsible.

Baby Milo

viakado said:
speaking of scared.
high

but he doesn't need to really because all Manny did was beat talentless punch-absorbing mule

Angry Grimace

That's a terrible argument Kellerman. I think he might be just faking it to convince PBF who's watching it.

Pac getting hit a few times might have something to do with the fact he threw 10 billion punches which didn't down Margarito, which we all know was a size issue.

Top Bottom