• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Watching the Sky sports telecast and Pac admitted he got hurt in one of the rounds. Hmm...if he doenst retire how about a Sergio vs Pac?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
goldlion054 said:
this. Marg would get a few glancing shots while pacquiao would throw short, powerful, and accurate blows to margarito's head, and follow up with more blows. It was poetry in motion
that was the greatest offensive show i've ever seen live... shit was mindblowing... some of those combinations and counter punches just had my jaw on the floor. there wasn't shit marg could do but put his hands up - even then that one body shot had him leaned for the rest of the match too.

i wish i could've actually been at that fight

the goddamn pacman

abuC

Luixfern said:
cubanflagweb.jpg

prod_12467-k32w3x.jpg

Different flags breh.

see5harp

SSGMUN10000 said:
Watching the Sky sports telecast and Pac admitted he got hurt in one of the rounds. Hmm...if he doenst retire how about a Sergio vs Pac?

Come on man...that's ludicrous....Manny didn't even weight in at 145 pounds. LOL.

Baby Milo

SSGMUN10000 said:
uhhhh you realize he just won Sergio's stripped WBC title and he could have been fighting him tonight

but well you know

see5harp

DY_nasty said:
that was the greatest offensive show i've ever seen live... shit was mindblowing... some of those combinations and counter punches just had my jaw on the floor. there wasn't shit marg could do but put his hands up - even then that one body shot had him leaned for the rest of the match too.

i wish i could've actually been at that fight

the goddamn pacman

That body shot was amazing. I thought Marg was going down right then and there.

jergrah

SSGMUN10000 said:

Watching the same, WTF with Mario Lopez doing the end of fight interview? :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dreams-Visions said:
any hope that Mayweather doesn't bitch out of a fight with Pac again?
Mayweather IS a little bitch. No chance.

Darkman M said:
Debt?? He looked like he was doing pretty well last i saw.
:lol Ok!

In the UK we had shit coverage, so I didn't get to see the whole post fight interviews. When Mario Lopez was Interviewing, why did Pacquiao look so despondent?

And where the fuck did Roach disappear to? He wasn't there in round 12 nor afterwards. Weird

Luixfern

RJNavarrete said:
"It's the last fucking round. Get out there! It's the last fucking round man!"

Yikes. Completely reckless and irresponsible.

I speak Spanish and they only told them that after they had asked Margo if he wanted to continue, to which he said yes multiple times. Still, the corner should know that it's the pride that won't let him quit and stop the fight when their fighter is in danger.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Baby Milo said:
uhhhh you realize he just won Sergio's stripped WBC title and he could have been fighting him tonight

but well you know

No I did not know that. Dont see how its not feasible. Sergio normally fights at 154 im sure this can be done at a catchweight.

DY_nasty

Mecha_Infantry said:
And where the fuck did Roach disappear to? He wasn't there in round 12 nor afterwards. Weird
Probably fighting Marg's asshole corner after they told him to go back in for the last round....

RBH

Spider from Mars said:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/fb/fullj.91be092bdb91e7cd890c6129c9070c5a/91be092bdb91e7cd890c6129c9070c5a-getty-103722265cc090_manny_pacqui.jpg[/IM]
Hey Guize, whats goin on?[/QUOTE]
Holy fuck.

damn fight kept me from going to the club earlier. but it was worth it.

time to hit the shower and hit the town.

but I'm so glad I saw this fight. <3 Pacman.

NomarTyme said:
Its not going to happen because Pac man is retiring.
bitchweather's camp already has it all planned out.
"ok, we agree to fight pacman"
"he's retired, you say?"
"lol, oh well, we agreed to a fight. his loss!"

After the Haye v Fraudley farce, it was great to see a real boxing match, but Manny is just so fast, accurate and powerful, it was still a bit of a mismatch.

Everytime Margarito got close to walking Pacman down (like he did to Cotto), Manny stopped him in his tracks with some sublime combos.

Frightening stuff.

C'mon Floyd, get this fight made - Best Defence vs Best Offence.

Instro

NomarTyme said:
Its not going to happen because Pac man is retiring.

Is that confirmed now? Didnt really seem like there was anything set in stone there, most of the announcers were talking about possible future matchups for him.

see5harp said:
Watching the post fight interview with Margarito in slow motion is frightening. God his face is completely destroyed.

Marg deserved this beatdown for making fun of Roach and his Parkinson's. It would be ironic if Marg develops it himself because of this fight.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
abuC said:
Mayweather is talking about fighting the winner of Williams-Martinez 2.
If his only plan is to waste everyone's time, he should just retire again.

facepalm007's Card: Pac - Marg
10-9
9-10
10-9
10-9
10-9
9-10
10-9
10-9
10-9
10-9
10-9
10-9

Totals:
118 - 110 (Pacquiao)

Dominating performance... Although my prediction of a decision win was correct there were times I thought Tony was going to get knocked out.

DY_nasty

facepalm007 said:
Although my prediction of a decision win was correct there were times I thought Tony was going to get knocked out.
if manny wanted to knock him out he could've. don't think anyone will debate that...

abuC

Angry Grimace said:
If his only plan is to waste everyone's time, he should just retire again.

He's not going to fight Williams, way too big, Im guessing he wants to fight Martinez. It would be a great fight, but nobody wants to see Floyd fight anyone if it's not Manny at this point.

DY_nasty said:
if manny wanted to knock him out he could've. don't think anyone will debate that...
Well definitely from 10-12 there's no question about that, but by that time everyone knows that Manny is on cruise control.

But there were some instances within 6-8 where there were some pretty good rally trades that staggered Margarito quite a bit, but even when he got hit with 3-6 clean hit combos he still remain standing.

Either way, dominating performance, Pacquiao definitely has a gift in finding holes.

^-^ Please Mayweather... Give us fans what we want...

Baby Milo

polyh3dron said:
Floyd only fights boxers like Manny when they are past their prime and Manny is not past his prime.
and Manny only fights when he can drain the shit out of people threw catch weight fights

guess its never happening then

see5harp

polyh3dron said:
Floyd only fights boxers like Manny when they are past their prime and Manny is not past his prime.

To be fair to PBF, Manny also fights guys past their prime. The only guy in the 147 division who probably isn't out of his prime is Berto, and Manny would probably eat him alive.

see5harp

Baby Milo said:
and Manny only fights when he can drain the shit out of people threw catch weight fights

guess its never happening then

At this point, I see a PBF matchup at 145-147. PBF would be fine in any case.

Baby Milo

see5harp said:
At this point, I see a PBF matchup at 145-147. PBF would be fine in any case.
i hope this manny fight has somewhat equal sells to the PBF-Mosley fight so we can see it made. They will both have to make concessions to see it get it made if that is the case but if it doesn't there could be problems. Floyd want's everything and team manny is delusional.

Floyd-Shane did 1.5 mil im not sure if Pac-Marg can match that though.

see5harp

I think the major problem for both camps is that they can both continue to fight other guys and make just as much money, with very little risk. Both Manny and Floyd are basically set now. Manny is basically MJ in the Phillipines and even in the U.S. has the gigantic Nike contract. Floyd is getting the large cuts of every PPV event he's in. Maybe it never happens.

Angry Grimace

DY_nasty said:
It might have required Marg to die on his feet

Esch

Banned
There it is guys. Manny Pacquiao proves his greatness once again.

Rigondeaux disappointed me in the later rounds. He ran from adversity. I didn't come to watch another mayweather, I came to see warriors in this card. He had the skills and power to eliminate Cordoba. Lame.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yeah Margo wasn't going down. Pride and all. Glad he got pummeled though, dirty cheater :lol . Now... where's the coward?

Top Bottom