• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

DominoKid said:
yo when she stood up i howled. no lie.

gatdamn.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhqhk9K5SH04w0DJpB

Mosely won.

Pacquiao gotta go home to this
Pacquiao_NY_Arrival_110213_001a.jpg

bwahahaha no contest.
Mosley's probably sucks in bed.

ZoddGutts

DominoKid said:
yo when she stood up i howled. no lie.

gatdamn.

Mosely won.

A part of me also stood up. Had to cover it with a pillow.

Pacquiao gotta go home to this
Pacquiao_NY_Arrival_110213_001a.jpg

bwahahaha no contest

Your sure that's not he's mom? Otherwise DAMN.

According to Arum, plan:

A. Marquez B. Bradley C. Juddah

No one really wanted the Mosley fight. Hope this time we get the Marquez fight. Marquez knows I'll likely be he's only chance he'll ever get to fight Pac ever again. I'll be a war fight, unlike the Mosley bore fest fight we got.

dc89

Manny isn't that kind of guy though is he who wants a stunningly attractive woman. He has his principles, very religious, very much respected out of the boxing world etc. He doesn't need a trophy wife.

Manny is on another level. He's insanely good. Mosely resulted in throwing him to the canvas, that was no way a knockdown and to see it counted like a knockdown was a joke. He got up, laughed, crossed himself and then went to town.

dc89 said:
Manny isn't that kind of guy though is he who wants a stunningly attractive woman. He has his principles, very religious, very much respected out of the boxing world etc. He doesn't need a trophy wife.
Perhaps, but for the record: there are stunningly attractive religious and brilliant women walking around who aren't trophy wives. They're just all-around awesome.

ZoddGutts

Dreams-Visions said:
I bet that piece of sympathy ass he got tonight was fantastic.

It might be the only thing he can still beat up.

I mean seriously. Can't blame Mosley at this point of he's career. He's 39 years old, knows full well he's got no chance at beating Pac and that this last big fight in he's career. Why risk your health when he can retire healthy with 5 million made of this fight and have a fine ass latina gf waiting for you after the fight? Plus he gets to brag he lasted 12 full rounds with Pac and that he knock him down once. :p

All in all I doubt he's upset about this loss. He's a winner in my book.

dc89

Dreams-Visions said:
Perhaps, but for the record: there are stunningly attractive religious and brilliant women walking around who aren't trophy wives. They're just all-around awesome.

Need to see 'em!

I don't mean that in a nasty way either!

Satyamdas

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
But if he has been with his wife since he was a teenager and she has been behind him his whole career, and he loves her and has 4 children with her, then why does he "lose" for not having a hot trophy wife? That mentality is sad and pathetic, really.

Satyamdas

Banned
talisayNon said:
lol "highschool sweetheart"

why are you assuming that pac doesn't have mistresses?
Why are you assuming that he does?

I don't care if he does or not. I'm saying that "Mosley wins" because he has some trophy pussy is some pathetic shit. I bet Mosley himself would say that shit is nonsense.

DominoKid

Satyamdas said:

I don't care if he does or not. I'm saying that "Mosley wins" because he has some trophy pussy is some pathetic shit. I bet Mosley himself would say that shit is nonsense.

yep. while he's pounding that trophy pussy too.

Satyamdas

Banned
DominoKid said:
yep. while he's pounding that trophy pussy too.
I guess it's just not in my makeup to give two shits about the pussy that other dudes are smashing. I'm only concerned about the pussy I'm smashing.

kinggroin

Banned
Satyamdas said:
I guess it's just not in my makeup to give two shits about the pussy that other dudes are smashing. I'm only concerned about the pussy I'm smashing.

Dont know what fight you guys saw, but there definitely was a pussy being smashed in the ring last night.

smurfx

get some go again
Satyamdas said:

why are we assuming a mega rich world wide super star has a mistress? seriously? even marginally famous people can pull in incredibly hot girls.

Satyamdas

Banned
kinggroin said:
Dont know what fight you guys saw, but there definitely was a pussy being smashed in the ring last night.
Ba-dum-tish!

smurfx said:
why are we assuming a mega rich world wide super star has a mistress? seriously? even marginally famous people can pull in incredibly hot girls.
No fucking shit he *can*, dude can probably pull any pussy on the planet. But just because a person CAN do something does not necessarily mean that they DO it. I really don't give a shit if he does or doesn't have a mistress, I'm just not going to assume that about a man I don't know.

smurfx

get some go again
Satyamdas said:
Ba-dum-tish!

No fucking shit he *can*, dude can probably pull any pussy on the planet. But just because a person CAN do something does not necessarily mean that they DO it. I really don't give a shit if he does or doesn't have a mistress, I'm just not going to assume that about a man I don't know.
wasn't there rumors that he had some mistress and he was having marriage problems as well?

liger05

Mayweather wins a UD v pacman. Pacquiao will struggle to cut the ring off as Floyd can fight moving backwards. Mayweather has the jab to mess up pacquiao's timing and when he reaches his open to right hands. On the outside and inside Floyd wins just at mid range pacquiao can hurt him.

liger05 said:
Mayweather wins a UD v pacman. Pacquiao will struggle to cut the ring off as Floyd can fight moving backwards. Mayweather has the jab to mess up pacquiao's timing and when he reaches his open to right hands. On the outside and inside Floyd wins just at mid range pacquiao can hurt him.
lol, k

dc89 said:

LOL he probably cheats on her with dime pieces out the ass while he's in LA/Vegas "training" and leaves her in the Philippines. Don't get it twisted.

Esch

Banned
manny's cheating on his wife is pretty well documented; infact i remember reading somewhere that he may have a literal bastard child

fuck that though lets talk about duran how awesome he was and how im gonna watch this movie like a mufu and enjoy it pacino yeaaaahhhhhh

Had no idea that movie was even being made. I'll have to take my dad to go watch it, he loved Duran back in the day. Bernal is a really good actor too, Pacino...not so much anymore. Hopefully he doesn't ham it up.

x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
Yep. That was Tarver.

Totally, Roy's fault. He was never the same after dropping weight after beating Ruiz. He would have had an easy time making big $ against the corpses of Tyson and Holyfield.

That was a badass Tarver performance with the trolling during the refs instructions and then backing it up......
I'll never forget it either. Roy over-swinging with a right hook and leaving his whole right side open in the process after missing. Tarver took advantage and destroyed Roy's right cheek and it was game over. smh.

x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
Who should Manny fight next?

1) Floyd

9000) Tim Bradley
9001) Victor Ortiz

There's only one fight anyone wants to see. Bradley or Ortiz would at least be interesting as they are action fighters, young guys, and they would go out on their shields rather than run and survive all night.
why can't we have the Mayweather fight. :-(

Ninja Scooter said:
Neither side wants to kill their cash cow.
I know...but still. :-(

yea, who wants to risk the future market value. Roy Jones, Jr. is the only proof one needs to discourage them from taking this kind of fight. Still, I have to think the fight and subsequent rematch would net both a big enough pay-day to retire with.

Esch

Banned
pacino should be a good fit for arcel though who was pretty neutral in terms of character overall... he'd have made a better plomo honestly as far as typecasting though. I wonder who'll play Leonard, Hearns, Benitez, Hagler, etc.

edit man fuck the PBF Pac fight. That shit just isnt happening. And if it did, it'd be boring. Like a slightly more enjoyable version of Calzaghe-Hopkins II. Except Hopkins would win. Lets focus on fights that are probably gonna be fun to watch. Like Donaire-Gamboa. Or something.

see5harp

I actually want to see Pac vs someone who will retaliate. Put him in there with Victor Ortiz I say. It would probably be more competitive than the Diaz fight (although Victor might end up looking the same).

Esch

Banned
Yeah i'd watch Pac-Ortiz, Maidana, Bradley, hell even someone like Mike Jones.

I got newfound respect for Margarito. Out of all Pac's recent opponents he's been the only one to take it to Pac in any way.

see5harp

EschatonDX said:
Yeah i'd watch Pac-Ortiz, Maidana, Bradley, hell even someone like Mike Jones.

I got newfound respect for Margarito. Out of all Pac's recent opponents he's been the only one to take it to Pac in any way.

Hell yea all of those guys can get it. Pretty sure Pac would eat all of them alive though. I can't imagine how embarassing it would have been if Berto had been given a shot. Guy would have been stopped in the first 5 rounds. Tim Bradley could probably box but I'm not sure whether he's got the balls to make it an interesting fight (i just want to see brawls).

Esch

Banned
see5harp said:
Hell yea all of those guys can get it. Pretty sure Pac would eat all of them alive though. I can't imagine how embarassing it would have been if Berto had been given a shot. Guy would have been stopped in the first 5 rounds. Tim Bradley could probably box but I'm not sure whether he's got the balls to make it an interesting fight (i just want to see brawls).

Really at this point i don't see any of them winning, it's just about putting pac in some firefights that everyone can nut over. Like duran-cuevas. You feel me? Nahmsaying?

I think he should just say fuck it and try and take martinez at the mw limit and retire but id understand not wanting to jump into those waters

see5harp

EschatonDX said:
Really at this point i don't see any of them winning, it's just about putting pac in some firefights that everyone can nut over. Like duran-cuevas. You feel me? Nahmsaying?

I think he should just say fuck it and try and take martinez at the mw limit and retire but id understand not wanting to jump into those waters

Honestly Martinez-Pacquiao would be amazing, regardless of weight. Pacquiao wouldn't probably even weight 147 at the weigh in...but it would show me he has balls and would cement his legacy.

Ninja Scooter said:
Had no idea that movie was even being made. I'll have to take my dad to go watch it, he loved Duran back in the day. Bernal is a really good actor too, Pacino...not so much anymore. Hopefully he doesn't ham it up.

theres no trailer for this?

Esch

Banned
see5harp said:
Honestly Martinez-Pacquiao would be amazing, regardless of weight. Pacquiao wouldn't probably even weight 147 at the weigh in...but it would show me he has balls and would cement his legacy.

Yep. His management just looks so spotty recently. Hard to accuse a former flyweight of cherrypicking Jr MW's but one has to admit that there's a certain aura of "protecting" around his recent choices. Personally I'm kinda off the Pac train till i see him hit up a fighter that's not an in house promotion. Fucking mix it up out there, christ.

see5harp

EschatonDX said:
Yep. His management just looks so spotty recently. Hard to accuse a former flyweight of cherrypicking Jr MW's but one has to admit that there's a certain aura of "protecting" around his recent choices. Personally I'm kinda off the Pac train till i see him hit up a fighter that's not an in house promotion. Fucking mix it up out there, christ.

I was pretty full on the train after the fights with Morales and Barrera. The other stuff with bigger opponents was just extra to me. In retrospect De La Hoya was probably the most obvious cherry pick to me, but I do remember everyone saying the fight was a cherry pick for De La in the lead up to the fight. I guess people just really underestimated his punching power north of 140. I really do think he could have demolished Sugar if he had really wanted to. I don't know if it was a respect thing or whether Freddie actually said to fight defensive.

Esch

Banned
Personally i thought his footwork was off; and by his own admission he wasn't at his best there. they were right about him peaking too early in training. He shoulda attacked shane from the start like he did after the fake knockdown. woulda been a great performance, faded as Mosley is.

see5harp

Maybe his footwork was a tad off. But he just wasn't throwing any punches. Even if Shane doesn't want to engage, Pacquiao is a pitbull and should have been cutting off the ring throwing 6 punch combos. Maybe you are right..he didn't have the movement to cut him off.

EschatonDX said:

Pac is going to fight guys with a big enough name or story to sell the fight to the mainstream public but who have next to no chance of winning.

Marquez is just another of these type of fights. His one fight at that weight was an absolute blowout loss to Floyd, where he looked worse than Shane. The fight with Manny has an easy hook to sell on commercials but any actual boxing fan has to know it's a shit fight.

Marquez could move up, fight Zab Judah for a belt and then challenge Manny if he won. It would have an air of legitimacy since he would have actually won a fight at the weight. You could put it on PPV with Pacquiao vs Bradley in a double header, the welterweight final four or some shit.....that's not going to happen.

As an aside, how is Arreola vs a guy who lost to an old slow Antonio Tarver supposed to be anything meaningful? Am I supposed to be impressed because Chris decided he is going to come in at an actual good fighting weight? WOW. He sure is ready to rematch Vitali.

Esch

Banned
see5harp said:
Maybe his footwork was a tad off. But he just wasn't throwing any punches. Even if Shane doesn't want to engage, Pacquiao is a pitbull and should have been cutting off the ring throwing 6 punch combos. Maybe you are right..he didn't have the movement to cut him off.

Dude at the bar said "Manny don't look like he used to" and word, I agree with that. The manny of old would have buried that ass under a shower of boxing gloves like Harry Greb. But he just isn't that either, and neither is mayweather. truth be told fight shoulda happened after cotto. they just so faded now it doesnt even matter.

see5harp

EschatonDX said:
Dude at the bar said "Manny don't look like he used to" and word, I agree with that. The manny of old would have buried that ass under a shower of boxing gloves like Harry Greb. But he just isn't that either, and neither is mayweather. truth be told fight shoulda happened after cotto. they just so faded now it doesnt even matter.

We're talking one fight after his complete ass rapage of margarito though. Margarito was game, but Manny looked like the good ole Manny in that fight. He through a ton of accurate punches including a monster body shot there. I think he just needs to be motivated by game opponents. He don't go super saiyan fighting scared old men like De La and Shane.

EschatonDX said:
so it doesn't matter that his opponent ran the entire match, eh?

Satyamdas

Banned
see5harp said:
We're talking one fight after his complete ass rapage of margarito though. Margarito was game, but Manny looked like the good ole Manny in that fight. He through a ton of accurate punches including a monster body shot there. I think he just needs to be motivated by game opponents. He don't go super saiyan fighting scared old men like De La and Shane.
Yup. If Mosley decided to fight, what reason is there to think Manny wouldn't have gone all out on his ass and knocked him out? You could see flashes where Manny wanted to rumble, but Shane was determined to turtle up and lame it out. And if your opponent refuses to throw punches and instead gets on their bicycle, you can't fault the other guy too much. I would have like to see Manny just let em fly a bit more and be more aggressive, but the fight was lame because of Mosley bitching out. I'd have rather he never signed to fight Mosley in the first place.

All I know is his next opponent has to be someone who will fight. If they keep setting him up with Clottey/Mosley type fighters who refuse to go to work, it will only hurt Manny in the end.

And saying the Money/Pacquaio fight doesn't matter because they have faded is ridiculous. This isn't Holyfield/Foreman fighting in their 50s, these dudes are still prime and if they decide to brawl it will still be a great match.

Esch

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
so it doesn't matter that his opponent ran the entire match, eh?

It matters. but shane's "running" isn't that great. It's not his usual style. He isn't sergio mora or mayweather. He's a puncher with decent boxing skill. It's not like he should have been able to box rings around pac. Pac should have been able to cut the ring off and fucking beat the piss out of him in a corner.
Satyamdas said:
And saying the Money/Pacquaio fight doesn't matter because they have faded is ridiculous. This isn't Holyfield/Foreman fighting in their 50s, these dudes are still prime and if they decide to brawl it will still be a great match.

Perhaps "it doesn't matter" is a bit much. I'm just saying it's losing relevance in everything but fanbase and casual hype. This isn't the Floyd we saw dismantle guys at LW. This isn't the manny we saw tool de la hoya, diaz, or cotto either. Only downhill from here. When you're fighting 3 or less fights a year and against cherrypicked comp, who can say what the fuck "prime" means anymore?

He looked like a super saiyan against DLH to me...

I am fucking hyped for Ward vs Abraham on Sat. It'll wash the bad taste left in my mouth for paying damn near $70 to watch last weekend's shitty fight.

Top Bottom