• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

ugh... I was hoping he'd lose so that he would just stop taking fights but that was sad.

well there goes one past-his-prime guy, and later tonight we get B-Hop.

Esch

Banned
doesn't surprise me. he's been looking gaunt and sweaty a lot recently, cheeks flushed, think it's probably blow

dream

BigKaboom2 said:
ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE THE TEST

Hopkins will win this with ease.

p.s. Was Severn one of the legends or did I miss one?

Yeah, Dan (although I enjoyed that one), RJJ, and Ninja...all in 1 day.

Esch

Banned
is this ref trying to fuck hops over? CLEAR knockdowns, especially the 2nd

fucking disgrace, i hope they don't fuck hopkins the man is the clear winner here

Esch

Banned
a beautiful performance by bernard. really. win or lose with fucking corrupt bullshit, he is a champion again. he took the man to school. he didn't need the knockout

i'm proud

dream

I think the ref is the real winner tonight. Never have I seen such a feeble man try to take control of a prize fight.

whoa, it looked like Nazim was about to scrap

I don't want to see B-Hop fight Bootay

And yeah he def took a shot not only at Jones, but lots of broke washed up fighters who take fights they shouldn't just to get a paycheck.

dream said:
poly, did you know we almost had Nick Diaz vs my favorite boxer of all time Fernando Vargas happen?
Yes I did know it was rumored along with a Jeff Lacy fight.. Looks like he may be fighting Georges St Pierre instead.

dream

I would pay $500 for a press conference, a weigh-in, a staredown, and a boxing match between Nick Diaz and Fernando Vargas.

Jamesfrom818 said:
I didn't see one warning to Pascale for hitting the back of the head.
IJL seemed to struggle in there last night and he's not the greatest ref at the best of times. Do think that Hopkins previous may have coloured his judgment though.

Despite that Hopkins pulled out the win, I hope they can get out of fighting Dawson next and head straight for Butterworth. 46 and out performing the younger man was very impressive.

Esch

Banned
who the fuck in the fuck is butterworth? bute?

LOL, i wouldn't mind seeing Dawson-Hopkins though, if only because hopkins would bend him over and break him like a pennsylvania state inmate.

EschatonDX said:
who the fuck in the fuck is butterworth? bute?

LOL, i wouldn't mind seeing Dawson-Hopkins though, if only because hopkins would bend him over and break him like a pennsylvania state inmate.
:lol Was posting from my phone but yeah Bute.

So, what's the next big fight? The Hopkins fight was awesome, can't wait for some more good boxing.

Is the Morales/Maidana rematch happening?

Top Bottom