• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing: Floyd Mayweather vs. Victor Ortiz |OT| 9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

Ketchup Boy said:
What the hel! is the Ortiz kid smiling?!?!? Why isn't he mad?!?!? what the fukk is this sh!t he should want a fukkin rematch or something
Because he knows it was a intentional head butt which was returned with sucker punch. All he can do is smile and play along like he is innocent.

NomarTyme said:
Why would god give a shit about this fight?

all time low for boxing.

Why would He not? "All time low for boxing"? Not even close. The majority in boxing gives God props for their victories.

on topic/

That headbutt was absolutely intentional.

Jin34

Ketchup Boy said:
What the hel! is the Ortiz kid smiling?!?!? Why isn't he mad?!?!? what the fukk is this sh!t he should want a fukkin rematch or something

Ortiz is like Cena when losing the title. Comes out next day smiling, kissing babies and hugging fat chicks.

Blackface

Banned
1. The headbutt was intentional. It was the heat of the moment type of thing. Ortiz is a fighter, Floyd is a boxer. It was Dirty. Probably payback for the elbows he ate, and the holding of the head, but still dirty and illegal.

2. Floyd took a cheap shot that should NOT have been legal. When the ref stops a fight, he has to resume the fight. The ref did not resume the fight, and was looking towards the judges table. When Floyd hit Ortiz, Ortiz looked at Cortez. Thinking "how is that legal?". Then Floyd hit Ortiz again and knocked him out. Cortez, known to favor Floyd in most of his fights, stopped the fight.

He never started the fight again. This is the first time I have ever seen a boxing match where a ref stops the fight, then a fighter starts it back up himself, without the ref starting it again.

Baby Milo said:
don't be scared homey

i can't wait to see bobblehead get knocked around the ring like ortiz

2wp5ojk.jpg

slider

dream said:
He was headbutting him in the clinch too. I even pointed that out earlier.

Sorry, I'm late to the thread.

What's the height difference between them? Wow, here says Ortiz is an inch taller. Hmm.

Blackface said:
1. The headbutt was intentional. It was the heat of the moment type of thing. Ortiz is a fighter, Floyd is a boxer.

2. Floyd took a cheap shot that should NOT have been legal. When the ref stops a fight, he has to resume the fight. The ref did not resume the fight, and was looking towards the judges table. When Floyd hit Ortiz, Ortiz looked at Cortez. Thinking "how is that legal?". Then Floyd hit Ortiz again and knocked him out. Cortez, known to favor Floyd in most of his fights, stopped the fight.

He never started the fight again. This is the first time I have ever seen a boxing match where a ref stops the fight, then a fighter starts it back up himself, without the ref starting it again.

No, he started it back again. the fighters (like so many do) decided to hug it out and chit chat, but the fight was on. The ref doesn't do anything else at that point in any other fight.

GQman2121

Banned
TheNatural said:
Larry Merchant is the fucking man, and Floyd once again shows he's a little bitch.

Merchant's point about him wanting to avoid the Manny question is probably correct. He just wanted a way out of there.

TheNatural said:
Larry Merchant is the fucking man, and Floyd once again shows he's a little bitch.

I like PBF, and that punch was dirty, but he was right about Merchant. Old senile bastard should have been let go years ago.

Baby Milo

I honestly don't see how Floyd did anything wrong. Ortiz deliberately headbutts him, then apologizes, Floyd accepts the apology, then Ortiz looks away and gets KO'ed? What was Floyd supposed to do in the middle of a goddamn fight when the fighter looks away?

I hate haters.

Blackface

Banned
Syphon Filter said:
Face it guys Mayweather is the best,pacquiao will get destroyed next and you guys will use an excuse.

Nobody is making an excuse. Floyd was easily winning the fight. Although he was getting fucked up on the ropes then the headbutt happened.

The fact is, what Floyd did, was borderline illegal. It will probably be investigated, but boxing is corrupt, and nothing will be done even if it is illegal (which it may not be keep in mind).

Cousteau said:
hope pacman doesnt give this chump the time of day.

get the fuck out of here. That could be the best fight in boxing in the last 10 years, at least on paper. Forget how Floyd won this fight (legitimately) , just focus on what we can have

Let us have nice things

abuC

TheNatural said:
Floyd is a genius, this villian role has everyone hating him and paying to see him lose. He tried to be the next Sugar ray 10 years ago always smiling and nobody cared, act like an asshole and everyone tunes in.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I don't understand how is it legal to k.o a guy when the fight isn't on. And if the fight was on, why wasn't the ref looking?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Gary Whitta said:
If the ref never restarted the fight then the KO is bullshit.
He cleared them to fight and was merely looking at the timekeeper. Ortiz was too busy wanting to make up with the man Mayweather to try and take care of himself.

Blackface said:
Nobody is making an excuse. Floyd was easily winning the fight. Although he was getting fucked up on the ropes then the headbutt happened.

The fact is, what Floyd did, was borderline illegal. It will probably be investigated, but boxing is corrupt, and nothing will be done even if it is illegal (which it may not be keep in mind).
Nope,the fight started,it was ortiz fault for not paying attention.

slider

I watched a Spanish dubbed broadcast so had the volume down. I missed the "break" and "fight" calls which changes things a little. Gosh, dunno where I stand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom