• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Jinko

Still debating on continuing to level my tree as he's Oracle, where I would rather my healer be Guardian, or Anima.

I think all my healers are Oracle, coming from PAD I thought a high Recovery stat was a good thing, bleh.

Supposedly they are buffing oracle so I would hold on to the tree, even as oracle it will still have crazy HP at max level.

ReaperXL7

I need more BB crystals in battle. I've swapped from my Light healer to Elimo and while she's a lot better, I definitely need her burst to keep healed up.

Still no Stya. >=(

If you need help with filling your BB gauge your free to add me to your friends list. Aem is my leader so he's very helpful in that reguard, once I evolve him to Holy Master it will be even better which should not take much longer.

My ID is

I think all my healers are Oracle, coming from PAD I thought a high Recovery stat was a good thing, bleh.

Supposedly they are buffing oracle so I would hold on to the tree, even as oracle it will still have crazy HP at max level.

Yeah I read that also, and given the fact that he will be getting his 6* ego at some point helps aswell.

I just wish the heart crystals would actually go to the characters that need them. So many times I lose a battle in Arena because they go to a character with almost full health despite having a character close to death.

Shouta

stya is the ice lady right?

i can only defeat her on the lv1, does that make her harder to catch?

Very low chance of her on Level 1. I still haven't gotten her in the several times I've done 2 as well. =/

If you need help with filling your BB gauge your free to add me to your friends list. Aem is my leader so he's very helpful in that reguard, once I evolve him to Holy Master it will be even better which should not take much longer.

My ID is

oooh! Thanks! I'll add you right now.

Edit: Game is down again!? >=|

Draxal

I've gotten Stya 3 out of 9 times I've done 2, I've seen seen Selene the first 5 times and she never dropped either :/.

ReaperXL7

Very low chance of her on Level 1. I still haven't gotten her in the several times I've done 2 as well. =/

oooh! Thanks! I'll add you right now.

Edit: Game is down again!? >=|

Lol yeah....more free goodies for us. I wish they would give us some totems...

yes and yes. consider yourself lucky if she drops on level 1..or level 2 really.

It's rare but it's not impossible, I got an Anima Zeln from his level 1 event dungeon. Obviously it becomes much easier to get the drop at the higher levels though.

This might be yesterday's conversation, but I want to say that I much prefer the class system over PAD's (stupid) +1 system. The problem with PAD's is that the pluses and be stacked and transferred, and now so many players have +297 everything that it speeds up the game's power creep.

so im guessing servers being wonky is a common thing?

They do seem to compensate you well though lol.

I still don't get why these types of games have such expensive 'gold' though. Pretty much $5 for a slot roll.

I don't even spend that much at vegas slots.

Draxal

This might be yesterday's conversation, but I want to say that I much prefer the class system over PAD's (stupid) +1 system. The problem with PAD's is that the pluses and be stacked and transferred, and now so many players have +297 everything that it speeds up the game's power creep.

I think Pad's system would have been fine if they limited the +1 to say 10 instead of 99. It provides the variety that the class types Brave Frontier, but the difference between a vanilla mob with a +99 wouldn't be so different.

so im guessing servers being wonky is a common thing?

They do seem to compensate you well though lol.

I still don't get why these types of games have such expensive 'gold' though. Pretty much $5 for a slot roll.

I don't even spend that much at vegas slots.

It's virtual pachinko, allthough global P&D and Brave Frontier have global operations, I have a strong feeling that they still make the most cash of the Japanese market, and this aggresively targets that Pachinko mentality.

I think Pad's system would have been fine if they limited the +1 to say 10 instead of 99. It provides the variety that the class types Brave Frontier, but the difference between a vanilla mob with a +99 wouldn't be so different.
Yeah, it's crazy. In BF, a class difference at max level would mean a net gain/loss of almost zero in overall stats, with one stat upping by 200 or so and another down by a comparable amount.

In PAD, the difference between a base monster and a +297 is 990 HP, 495 ATK, and 297 RCV. That's good enough to put some level 1 monsters on par with level 99 ones. Then, when you factor in that you can have up to six of those on your team, plus multipliers, it adds up to a lot of nonsense and a lot of dungeons that top players can easily clear that you can't, despite having the "same" team.

Althane

So my Tree type is Anima (which seems bad, if it is a healer, shouldn't it have a high REC?), and my Inventor Lulu type is Breaker (which seems good. Hit harder, yo).

I'm from PAD where monocolor teams are fantastic. Is this true here, or is it more about manage Sparks than having all of a single element?

yeah, how important is elements? There are leader skills... but say, i just rolled another starter unit. Is there a good reason why i should/shouldn't have more than 1 starter in the party?

Draxal

So my Tree type is Anima (which seems bad, if it is a healer, shouldn't it have a high REC?), and my Inventor Lulu type is Breaker (which seems good. Hit harder, yo).

I'm from PAD where monocolor teams are fantastic. Is this true here, or is it more about manage Sparks than having all of a single element?

Anima/Guardian are usually preferred for healers, as you can't heal while you're dead. For a tree though it shouldn't matter as its incredibly tanky anyway.

Mono is very good, but you don't have to play mono, the BB leaders like Aem and the upcoming brokingly good Aisha. In the future there will be leaders that will also give +50% attack if you control more than 4 different elements.

Just blew through ~50 gems that I had saved up and ended up with the following:

2x Kikuri 3* & 4* (1x Breaker, 1x Guardian)
2x Great Tree Alneu 3* (Could care less of his type, already had one)
1x Valkyrie3* (You kidding me?!)
1x Dragon Graven 4* (Ughhh...)
1x Mifune 3* (Guardian type... -.-)
2x Wyvern 3* (Breaker type and Oracle type)
1x Captain Mega 3* (Lord type)
1x Lava 3* (Breaker type)

I must say I was VERY disappointed in my rolls. Kikuri is awesome, better than Alice even and arguably THE BEST unit in the game, but to get 2x Alneu when I already have a 5* God Tree was severely upsetting. No team in their right mind carries more than (1) healer, heck most don't even use a healer at all. Units like that should not be able to get that frequent, especially when doing (10) consecutive rolls. Could have at least gave me a Phoenix...

Only saving grace for me was the promotion going on right now where if you do (10) consecutive rolls they give you a random 4* unit. They gave me a 4* Kikuri, although it is a Guardian type.

Captain Mega can end up being useful since I already have a 5* Mega and a team with 2x Mega can't hurt, but those Wyverns... what am I possibly going to do with a light team?

Anyways, for most this roll would have been super sweet since it would easily setup a fantastic multi-type team, but I am trying to make a mono dark squad.

Current team for that is:

3* Kikuri
4* Goth Kikuri
5* Death God Lodaga
2* Ninja Oboro
5* God Tree Eltri

Jinko

Anima is prob best for healer, rec basically is the units individual recovery and doesnt increase its healing skill, for that you would need to skill it up.

Dark and light teams are best suited for Arena as one is weak to the other but not the 4 coloured elements, which makes them kind of crappy for pve dungeons of the light and dark variety.

As for sparking it can make a massive difference so it can be good to stick with one team and learn the order to tap them in, also skilling up in this game is based on bb type, so a recovery bb will have a chance to skill up any healer type etc.

Mono teams work pretty well for a lot of the early quest content, but the later has duel elements.

Shouta

Did Stya Level 3 and got her down low but had to use 2 gems to win. because she hits like a truck. I only had one gem on me so I bought another 12 pack, lol. Oh well. I got her but she's a Guardian, oof. I hope my Gem pulls are kinder.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did Stya Level 3 and got her down low but had to use 2 gems to win. because she hits like a truck. I only had one gem on me so I bought another 12 pack, lol. Oh well. I got her but she's a Guardian, oof. I hope my Gem pulls are kinder.

At least you got her! Like PAD, I always say that getting one of these rare/special units is worth 1-2 stones/gems. Congrats!

Shouta

Thanks!

I got a Firedrake and Wyvern from the rare summon. Not sure how I feel about that, lol. Brightside is the drake is an Oracle and the Wyvern is a Breaker. =o

Thanks!

I got a Firedrake and Wyvern from the rare summon. Not sure how I feel about that, lol. Brightside is the drake is an Oracle and the Wyvern is a Breaker. =o

Wyvern ends up becoming Rameldria. In a nutshell, good health (~4,500), good attack (~1,500), decent defense (~1,100), terrible REC (~800).

I wouldn't consider him (Wyvern)anything special, which is why I was upset at getting 2x Wyvern today. You got a Breaker type though which will help with his attack stats, might hit well over 1,600.

Decent for a light team though since his BB skill hits all targets. Only 6x hits though, but if he gets a 6* form he should become epic as that will benefit his REC big time.

Firedrake isn't worth your time at all. He becomes Dragon Graven, which has good defense and terrible everything else.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Protip for Arena: Get a Mifune. Level him up. Put a Muramasa on him. Profit. Each time he attacks, someone dies. Getting up 5 to 4 is such a huge advantage.

Shouta

Wyvern ends up becoming Rameldria. In a nutshell, good health (~4,500), good attack (~1,500), decent defense (~1,100), terrible REC (~800).

I wouldn't consider him (Wyvern)anything special, which is why I was upset at getting 2x Wyvern today. You got a Breaker type though which will help with his attack stats, might hit well over 1,600.

Decent for a light team though since his BB skill hits all targets. Only 6x hits though, but if he gets a 6* form he should become epic as that will benefit his REC big time.

Firedrake isn't worth your time at all. He becomes Dragon Graven, which has good defense and terrible everything else.

Yeah. That's why I wasn't sure what to feel, lol. Wyvern might not be too bad though and Firedrake is the only half decent fire unit I have at the moment, I think. Most everyone else is just junk. =/ So I can use him for a little bit with scraps I have from my metal runs.

lol, so found out i enjoy this more than i'd originally thought might as well throw a few bones (also have a job, so why not!).

bought the 55 gem pack and got.... 4 oracle elimos, 1 lord royal elimo, oracle twins, anima knight will, guardian dean, oracle hellking hades, lord inventor elulu, lord ice ruler sergio, and bonus guardian goth kikuri

seem like i got some ok units with meh types lol.

Now to actually level up to able to use these duders...

Why is exp so slow doing quests? I seem to get most of my levels from doing key dungeons.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lol, so found out i enjoy this more than i'd originally thought might as well throw a few bones (also have a job, so why not!).

bought the 55 gem pack and got.... 4 oracle elimos, 1 lord royal elimo, oracle twins, anima knight will, guardian dean, oracle hellking hades, lord inventor elulu, lord ice ruler sergio, and bonus guardian goth kikuri

Why is exp so slow doing quests? I seem to get most of my levels from doing key dungeons.

I swear there's a higher chance of guardian/oracle types. I have SO MANY.

Shouta

Make sure you use the Metal Keys and farm them up so you can fuse them fast.

Dreavus

No I mean lvling up my account lvl so i can actually use these guys lol.

are metal keys daily?

I think it's every couple days. It tells you the date when your next key is available when you go to the Administration Office In the Imperial Capital.

I'm slowly starting to realize that Metal Ghosts/Kings/Gods are pretty much the only way to go if you want any units remotely high level. The EXP you get from fusing regular captured monsters doesn't even come close, especially when you have a 3-4 star dude getting up there in the levels.

EDIT:
I think just doing your latest available quest gets a pretty good return on account exp. There will be times where you're going to have to put the game down for a few hours, although sometimes you can time it so your last bit of energy squeaks you over the level up threshold and refills your energy.

Noirulus

Is Elulu any good? Just got her 4* out of the rare summon. Her HP and DEF stats look weak.

Edit: Damn, she's an Oracle type ;_;

Protip for Arena: Get a Mifune. Level him up. Put a Muramasa on him. Profit. Each time he attacks, someone dies. Getting up 5 to 4 is such a huge advantage.

Is he a Rare Summon unit or is he farmable in St. Lamia?

Draxal

I was getting the most exp doing the idol dungeon on tuesday, just checked the wiki.

Paradise of Fairies 3 gives a ratio of EXP/Energy: 120.

Most normal dugneons is about 40/50, Cordelica gives the highest.

The current's water since the fire event is next. Go grab your Dean/Elimo (and Mega for the future 6* version).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Cool, thanks.

Sure thing. Mine is Guardian. Even Oracle has almost 1600 ATK at max level. Hell, she's got over 2000 REC, and given her low defense, that's FANTASTIC, haha.

I was getting the most exp doing the idol dungeon on tuesday, just checked the wiki.

Paradise of Fairies 3 gives a ratio of EXP/Energy: 120.

Most normal dugneons is about 40/50, Cordelica gives the highest.

The current's water since the fire event is next. Go grab your Dean/Elimo (and Mega for the future 6* version).

I've got a Royal Elimo and Captain Mega. Leviathan, Undine, and Zephu will round out my water team. Hopefully leveled up I can deal with level 3 fire.

E: And Stya and Selena. I should be fine.

Draxal

Sure thing. Mine is Guardian. Even Oracle has almost 1600 ATK at max level. Hell, she's got over 2000 REC, and given her low defense, that's FANTASTIC, haha.

I've got a Royal Elimo and Captain Mega. Leviathan, Undine, and Zephu will round out my water team. Hopefully leveled up I can deal with level 3 fire.

E: And Stya and Selena. I should be fine.

More then set, although Dean is tied with Elimo for the best water unit for a good time. Apparently, when the next 3 characters are released two of them are considered the best in the game for a decent while (Asha/Seraya) along with Kikuri.

Noirulus

Stya get! Got her on my 2nd try on Lv. 2. Super easy with a few good thunder units. I used:

Sunshine Luna (Lv. Max)
Thunder Eze (Lv. Max)
Royal Elimo (Lv. 38)
Pixy Royal Leore (Lv. 39)
Inventor Elulu (Lv. 39)
Friend: Thunder King Eze (Lv. 20)

I was struggling and couldn't beat Stya in Lv. 2 a week ago, but 3 thunder units and +75% Thunder damage made short work of her.

He's farmable.

Sweeeet. I'm still only on the first level of Lamia so I wasn't sure if he was one of the strong farmable units (such as Luna)

Her REC is ridiculous, lol. Two hearts healed her for almost half of her health bar! I'll definitely be maxing her.

She seems to be bad for Arena, though. Gets killed in 1 or 2 rounds :(

Kreed

Anyone else getting nothing but metal ghost from the honor summons today? I got a bunch of honor points so I was hoping to get another chance at getting one of the "starter" characters, but instead I get 6 metal ghosts and one jewel ghost.

Draxal

Anyone else getting nothing but metal ghost from the honor summons today? I got a bunch of honor points so I was hoping to get another chance at getting one of the "starter" characters, but instead I get 6 metal ghosts and one jewel ghost.

The event is higher chance for metal jewel ghosts.

Draxal

Stya get! Got her on my 2nd try on Lv. 2. Super easy with a few good thunder units. I used:

Sunshine Luna (Lv. Max)
Thunder Eze (Lv. Max)
Royal Elimo (Lv. 38)
Pixy Royal Leore (Lv. 39)
Inventor Elulu (Lv. 39)
Friend: Thunder King Eze (Lv. 20)

I was struggling and couldn't beat Stya in Lv. 2 a week ago, but 3 thunder units and +75% Thunder damage made short work of her.

Sweeeet. I'm still only on the first level of Lamia so I wasn't sure if he was one of the strong farmable units (such as Luna)

Her REC is ridiculous, lol. Two hearts healed her for almost half of her health bar! I'll definitely be maxing her.

She seems to be bad for Arena, though. Gets killed in 1 or 2 rounds :(

Well, Mifune is even squishier than Elulu, arena is all about killing as many units as possible in the first round, and a good breaker with high attack is the best way to do it.

Sefia, Aisha and Rickel available tomorrow.

Sefia/Aisha are the ones that i really want.

Lan_97

Got water and earth totems. Unfortunately, the two runs made it clear that there is no way my current party can take on a random light/dark totem and still finish out a level. I'll have to put together a mono element team and run against the weaker element.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got water and earth totems. Unfortunately, the two runs made it clear that there is no way my current party can take on a random light/dark totem and still finish out a level. I'll have to put together a mono element team and run against the weaker element.

I'm still too nervous to try totems...

Top Bottom