• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got Galant in lvl 2! Took about eight or so runs. Lord- good enough for me!

I still have 0 dark units. Crazy crazy crazy.

I was lucky to pull a pretty ridiculous dark lineup with my first gem purchase.

Shida (G)
Shida (A)
Heavy Magress (L)
Alice (A)
Lemia (L)
Lemia (B)
Lemia (A)
Necromancer Lemia (A)

I want a Mifune, but I don't know if I'll get lucky enough to pull him. I'll probably just wait until the next dark boost. But really, my team is pretty LOL. Lemia is a LOT more stacked than I thought, and Shida is awesome. Alice + 2xLemia/2xShida paired with another great dark unit? <3

E: If I need it, I'll sub in either Phoenix of Elimo instead of a second Lemia for healing. Always helps to have a good healer.

Mifune is farmable in St. Lamia if you really want him. Low drop rate but better that than using 5 gems to get something that can come from both the Honor gate and from normal missions.

Lockon

Anyone beaten Uncharted Frontier - End- yet? I always got wrecked on third stage...Weiss and his goons always show up for me, and he buff attacks on the first turn so I can barely survive more than 3 turns.

And Uncharted Frontier -Middle-, anyone got tips to get all the rewards? My highest pts is at 290k right now.

Draxal

Shida (G)
Shida (A)
Heavy Magress (L)
Alice (A)
Lemia (L)
Lemia (B)
Lemia (A)
Necromancer Lemia (A)

I want a Mifune, but I don't know if I'll get lucky enough to pull him. I'll probably just wait until the next dark boost. But really, my team is pretty LOL. Lemia is a LOT more stacked than I thought, and Shida is awesome. Alice + 2xLemia/2xShida paired with another great dark unit? <3

E: If I need it, I'll sub in either Phoenix of Elimo instead of a second Lemia for healing. Always helps to have a good healer.

Mifune's farmable, but the dark unit of choice is Kikuri until six star alice.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Shida (G)
Shida (A)
Heavy Magress (L)
Alice (A)
Lemia (L)
Lemia (B)
Lemia (A)
Necromancer Lemia (A)

This is the optimal lineup for your current pulls:
Magress, Alice, Lemia (A), Lemia (B), Necromancer Lemia (A).

Keep the Shida (A) for his later 5* evolution in a few months. Fuse or sell the rest.

Also, you can't pull Magress from rare summons, only honor summons.
Mifune isn't terribly good yet because, like shida, he doesn't get a 5* evolution until much much later. He also gets killed extremely quick and won't be useful for harder content.

Trying to download this game but for some reason it does not show up on my country's iOS App Store (Malta). Is there a way around this? cheers.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is the optimal lineup for your current pulls:
Magress, Alice, Lemia (A), Lemia (B), Necromancer Lemia (A).

Keep the Shida (A) for his later 5* evolution in a few months. Fuse or sell the rest.

Also, you can't pull Magress from rare summons, only honor summons.
Mifune isn't terribly good yet because, like shida, he doesn't get a 5* evolution until much much later. He also gets killed extremely quick and won't be useful for harder content.

Sorry, I meant I got my Magress from Honor summons (and that was my current dark lineup). Is Lemia that good that it's worth stacking her vs Shida??

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Sorry, I meant I got my Magress from Honor summons (and that was my current dark lineup). Is Lemia that good that it's worth stacking her vs Shida??

Lemia has 5* and is on par with Alice.

Shida has 4* and low defense. He is only good as a rainbow team leader or for getting a lot of sparks. My maxed 4* anima shida only has 3,879 hp and less than 1k defense.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I wish when you leveled up it'd allow you to overfill your energy.

It sucks when you forgot to notice and you level up after using only like 7 energy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lemia has 5* and is on par with Alice.

Shida has 4* and low defense. He is only good as a rainbow team leader or for getting a lot of sparks. My maxed 4* anima shida only has 3,879 hp and less than 1k defense.

Guess I'll start burning stam and metal keys to get my dark team cray cray stacked.

I wish when you leveled up it'd allow you to overfill your energy.

It sucks when you forgot to notice and you level up after using only like 7 energy.

no...it sucks you have no way of checking you xp to level outside of a dungeon. Hope that gets added soon so I can plan out my metal runs better.

Draxal

Here's the Japanese tier list as of a couple of weeks ago. These do include the six star forms of the beast and starters but not of Alice (who would be S++ in the Japanese version now)

From here.

http://appinvasion.com/index.php?threads/jp-brave-frontier-tier-list.18179/

S+: Sefia, Asha , Kikuri

S: Atro , Magress , Lancia , Phoenix, Elimo , World Tree Altro, Il Mina, ~RasuhairuRujina

A+: Vargas , Selena , Eze, Leviathan, Lance , Dean , Zeus Bow Loch, ~Cavalese, Vu~ishura, ~Ceria , ~Cal, ~Paris, Behemoth, ~Diruma &#12288;&#12288;

A: ~Rogion, ~Lilith, Edea, Amy , Hades, Wyvern

B+: ~Micelle, ~Rodin, ~Tiara , ~Zeruban, ~Merukio, ~Paula , ~flare, ~Eliza , ~Seele

B: Lario, Mifune, ~Girunea , Will, Mega, Lava, Alice , Lemia, ~zebra, Aem, Mahdia?, Sola?, Luna , Shida

C+: Douglas , Lorand , ~Rikuru , Emilia

C: Weiss , Heidt, ~DUEL-GX II, Elulu, Pixy Leore, Valkyrie , Zephu , Agni Knight, Lidith , Falma, Thunderbird, Dragon Graven, Siren, Dryad, Golf & Spa?, Vampire

Anyone beaten Uncharted Frontier - End- yet? I always got wrecked on third stage...Weiss and his goons always show up for me, and he buff attacks on the first turn so I can barely survive more than 3 turns.

And Uncharted Frontier -Middle-, anyone got tips to get all the rewards? My highest pts is at 290k right now.

I've beat End. I don't feel like I earned it though, I feel like I lucked it. The 5th wave is so insane that if the game wants you to lose you will.

The easiest way to get to the better rewards for both middle and end is to luck out and get jewel enemies on the 4th wave while having a dark unit along. They have a ton of hit points and do very little damage, and drop coins when you hit them, so you just slowly attack with the dark unit until the jewels are dead. This gets you big points both from the coins dropped as well as elemental weakness points. I got over 250K in just that one wave on End before.

ReaperXL7

I love Loch! If you have some room in your friend list, hit me up please! lol! My ID is on the Google Doc.

Sent you a friend request had to clear out a bunch of slackers first. My primary leaders are Aem, and Loch and both have gotten me far.

Also added my information to the Google doc if anyone else wants to send me a request.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
so what are worthwhile leader abilities for rainbow teams?

For now, I would stick with 15% dmg boost to all units or the BB gauge boost from AEM/Aisha.

In the next month or so, there will be 50% dmg boost to rainbow team units coming out that are amazing.

Lockon

I've beat End. I don't feel like I earned it though, I feel like I lucked it. The 5th wave is so insane that if the game wants you to lose you will.

The easiest way to get to the better rewards for both middle and end is to luck out and get jewel enemies on the 4th wave while having a dark unit along. They have a ton of hit points and do very little damage, and drop coins when you hit them, so you just slowly attack with the dark unit until the jewels are dead. This gets you big points both from the coins dropped as well as elemental weakness points. I got over 250K in just that one wave on End before.

Jewel gods spawn on 4th wave?!? I haven't seen them at all lol.

Going to do 10 rare pulls today. Hope I get at least 2 of 3 new units.

Finally got Stya from lvl.2

She's a Guardian, but whatever. Is she worth leveling up? I really wish there was a better way to level than metal gods exclusively

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I need to try the new Frontier.

Any suggestions for team comps/levels to make it not miserable?

Mid you can take in pretty much anything and beat it. (granted you are 4* max and above)

For end, you will want either AEM/Aisha lead with 2 healers to tank your way through.

Pbae

So I was pretty happy to pull an Alto from the Honor Summon but it happens to be an Oracle T_T

Should I level her or should will she still be horrid with the Oracle buff?

ReaperXL7

Does anyone know if they have officially taken off the water affinity from the diamond puller? I have enough gems stored up for the 10 pull bit I don't want a bunch of water units.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Does anyone know if they have officially taken off the water affinity from the diamond puller? I have enough gems stored up for the 10 pull bit I don't want a bunch of water units.

I pulled a ton today and have only got 1 water unit. I am pretty sure there isn't water increase.

Jewel gods spawn on 4th wave?!? I haven't seen them at all lol.

Going to do 10 rare pulls today. Hope I get at least 2 of 3 new units.

I've only seen them once. I've also only ever seen the 3x Winged Mimic wave (Middle level 3) and the 2x Wild Metal/Wild Jewel(End level 2) once each as well, and I've run ~20 runs.

Really really rare waves.

Lockon

Just did my 10 rare pulls:

Dean (B)
Thunderbird (A)
Weiss (B)
Royal Elimo (O)
Lario (L)
Sunshine Luna (B)
Aem (O)
Scythe Alice (A)
Kikuri (L)
Lorand (L)

Free 4*: Aisha (B)

Overall I'm very disappointed with my pulls. Dean ok, don't really want Thunderbird, already got Weiss, second Elimo, don't know how I feel about Lario. Already got Luna,
another Aem, third Alice (first is a breaker, second is an oracle)
Second Kikuri = nice. And Lorand can go in my Fire team.

Aisha (B) = Fuck YES!!!

I could pull 10 more but I don't want to be disappointed yet again so soon...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Dean (B)
Thunderbird (A)
Weiss (B)
Royal Elimo (O)
Lario (L)
Sunshine Luna (B)
Aem (O)
Scythe Alice (A)
Kikuri (L)
Lorand (L)

Overall I'm very disappointed with my pulls. Dean ok, don't really want Thunderbird, already got Weiss, second Elimo, don't know how I feel about Lario. Already got Luna,

Aisha (B) = Fuck YES!!!

I happened to get 4 aisha today. (3 of them are 4*)
Anima, breaker, oracle, and oracle.

Still can't get a Sefia for the life of me.

Draxal

Dean (B)
Thunderbird (A)
Weiss (B)
Royal Elimo (O)
Lario (L)
Sunshine Luna (B)
Aem (O)
Scythe Alice (A)
Kikuri (L)
Lorand (L)

Aisha (B) = Fuck YES!!!

I could pull 10 more but I don't want to be disappointed yet again so soon...

Honestly, your pulls are pretty good. Alice will be the best unit in the game again, and you pulled 2 guys are in the S+ range and one in the A+ range. And of those only one has a mediocre type, and that's not including the duplicate Elimo.

4 pulls today from gems I had sitting around from all the quests and ones they've been giving away, and I was saving them for the new units.

Guardian Memetes
Oracle Thunderbird
Oracle Phoenix
Lord Rickel

Even though it's a Lord, at least I got one. Those other three are weak. :(

4 pulls today from gems I had sitting around from all the quests and ones they've been giving away, and I was saving them for the new units.

Guardian Memetes
Oracle Thunderbird
Oracle Phoenix
Lord Rickel

Even though it's a Lord, at least I got one. Those other three are weak. :(

Phoenix is a pretty top tier healer. Depends on what you mean by 'weak'

ReaperXL7

Looks like I am done with gem pulls for atleast alittle while

screenshot_2014-03-1462kej.png

screenshot_2014-03-14etsl8.png

Only ones I would replace at the moment are Falma,and Elulu for Amy, and Eze but I was not able to snag them from my pulls.

Now I focus on leveling and sphere crafting.

Draxal

Looks like I am done with gem pulls for atleast alittle while

Only ones I would replace at the moment are Falma,and Elulu for Amy, and Eze but I was not able to snag them from my pulls.

Now I focus on leveling and sphere crafting.

I would make Asha the leader in the first team and put in a Kikuri or Dean if you had one, but otherwise nice teams!

yeah I think i'm going to wait until they flesh things out a bit before dropping some money on this. It's just so stupid hard to level things up.

ReaperXL7

I would make Asha the leader in the first team and put in a Kikuri or Dean if you had one, but otherwise nice teams!

Yeah I have not had any luck with Kikuri,or Alice I do have Dean though So I'll look at switching him in once I have him leveled up a bit.

Forgot to list my pulls from my 10

I got:

Behemoth(B)
Aisha(G)
Dean(A)
Pheonix(L)
Leore(G)
Rickle(O)
Aem(O) The one I have already is Breaker
Lemia(O) Already had Anima
Il Mina (O)
And Cowboy Heidt(L)

My gifted was Sefia(A)

So other then all the Oracles I am pretty happy with my pulls.

Phades

The Light Totem was a bitch. Meeting two Totems in a single run is bullshit.

Thanks for the warning.

I haven't encountered the Light/Dark Totems yet. I look forward to it.

Basically, you need folks with defense over 1k and defense buffs help a lot too. Otherwise, your weaker folks just fold and your tougher units just get piecemealed over the next couple turns.

I need more BB crystals in battle. I've swapped from my Light healer to Elimo and while she's a lot better, I definitely need her burst to keep healed up.

Still no Stya. >=(

Skill bracers help that issue a bit, especially if you put them on characters with a lot of hits on their regular attacks. The item flutes help a little bit too, but not nearly as much as the skill bracer.

Phades

So, in essence, the top 500 players for the MVP rewards are going to be the folks who are both simultaneously luckier than everyone else and could clear the prior frontier dungeon then. That really just feels like a kick in the gonads.

I've come across both the jewel gods and winged mimics before, but I typically don't run with dark or light affiliated units, so I couldn't capitalize on it.

Basically, the only thing that I've been able to do to get a better score (yours trumps mine by a little bit) is stalling a few of the matches intentionally to get all the enemies down to near death and then AOE BB spam them netting the BB kill bonuses, spark (usually), and multi kill bonuses (the largest reward). I just find it a little disheartening that there doesn't seem to be a realistic way of getting the top rewards without gaming the system and getting lucky on the course run.

I have a hard time contemplating how folks clear the end course on the frontier missions though. While I am not maxed out with everyone on my team, I do ok, but things like the death god logada on end basically laugh at my team (he can 1 round KO anyone on my team, even with a defense buff through guarding, which just feels like cheating). Hell even in mid course, Stya just wrecks me, while any other encounter (excluding the winged mimic trio) aren't very hard. The Nemia/Stya combo ends up being harder than the round 5 fight with selena/eze/magress, since I can actually stick status effects to those guys while stya is immune to everything except paralysis (maybe curse too, but I have nothing that can apply that).

Weak as in I already have a Guardian Phoenix and I don't even usually use him, I use a Great Tree and an Elimo for healers when I use them.

Hard to argue with that really. Phoenix's stat line is good, but those other two are so much more useful in general.

Really, I am finding it a hundred times more easy to level up in this compared to PAD.

It's basically metal gods or bust, which is just annoying. Fodder is completely useless other than for selling. I like a lot of what this game does, but the monster leveling is slightly annoying (w.r.t cost = (fuser lvl + fusee lvl) * 100).

Weak as in I already have a Guardian Phoenix and I don't even usually use him, I use a Great Tree and an Elimo for healers when I use them.

Alright, completely agree then.

Phades

It's basically metal gods or bust, which is just annoying. Fodder is completely useless other than for selling. I like a lot of what this game does, but the monster leveling is slightly annoying (w.r.t cost = (fuser lvl + fusee lvl) * 100).
Fodder is ok for the first 20 or so levels (pumps up the BB level occasionally too...), but levels 30+ are just far to painful without kings and gods. I can't even imagine trying to do the level 60~80 strech on fodder. Ignoring the cost, that would just take too damn long given how limited the capture rates are in general versus energy cost for running a quest.

Pbae

Quick question. Is the ten pulls/guaranteed 4* brave frontiers equivalent of PAD's Godfest?

Just curious since it seems like all the gifted characters are really good.

ReaperXL7

Alright, completely agree then.

Fodder is ok for the first 20 or so levels (pumps up the BB level occasionally too...), but levels 30+ are just far to painful without kings and gods. I can't even imagine trying to do the level 60~80 strech on fodder. Ignoring the cost, that would just take too damn long given how limited the capture rates are in general versus energy cost for running a quest.

Leveling should get a little better once we get the elemental ghosts/kings/gods. I have seen some vids of them from the Japanese version and they give some nice gains obviously even better if your using them with the correct unit for fusion.

No idea when we are actually going to get them though.

Top Bottom