• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Jinko

Thanks. Mifune is such a glass cannon right now. I'm waiting on totems at the moment after being trolled pretty good last week.

Mifune is a waste of time IMO, he is like a wet paper bag, I would level Weiss for his buffing capabilities, depends if you plan to carry a lot of ore.

I would place Leon, Zaza and Co above Mifune because they have better survivability and easy to farm Anima/Breakers.

Mifune has an awesome AOE but for most boss situations it will be wasted.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fuck Tuesday dungeon...I can't get any of the evo mats to drop. Bummer.

However! I did finally hit 45 stamina yesterday, so I can now farm Metals more efficiently!

Mifune is a waste of time IMO, he is like a wet paper bag, I would level Weiss for his buffing capabilities, depends if you plan to carry a lot of ore.

I would place Leon, Zaza and Co above Mifune because they have better survivability and easy to farm Anima/Breakers.

Mifune has an awesome AOE but for most boss situations it will be wasted.

Thanks. I'm leaning the same way.

However! I did finally hit 45 stamina yesterday, so I can now farm Metals more efficiently!

Yeah...the evo mat drop rate is teribad.

Draxal

Thanks. I'm leaning the same way.

Yeah...the evo mat drop rate is teribad.

Mifune's decent when maxed, but your fifth slot is going to be weak part of your list, but you first 3 characters are very very strong including a very good healer amongst them.

The other way I would go is Sergio leader, with II Mina, Behemoth, Phoenix and Selena.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
so about when can you handle lvl 3 tuesday dungeon?

always get my butt kicked.

Honestly, it's hard to say. Leader skills are really important on level 3 dungeons. Large boost to BB gauge or double 50% damage are almost required. Also, level 35+ would be probably be required for HP alone. I would try and hit ~2800+ so you can take multiple bigger hits.

I also ALWAYS bring 10 cures, 7 high cures, 1 colored seal, 1 colored ore, and 1 revive. The cures are obvious. The seal and ore are for 3 rounds of def/atk bonus for your mono-color. VERY useful against whichever color you're weak against. The revive is just always there in case of emergency.

E: Oh, make sure you bring your best healer even if he/she isn't the same color of your team. Phoenix or Elimo are ideal, but you can do a max level High Dancer May. You will NEED good heals. And focus the Idol first. His AOE is what will really do a number on your team.

Jinko

so about when can you handle lvl 3 tuesday dungeon?

always get my butt kicked.

I didn't have any luck zero stoning lvl 3 until I had multiple maxed 4 star characters, taking ore and atk potions is kind of important also as you can stack them together.

I normally go with a 2 x 50% elemental team and hope the boss isn't the opposing element :S

If you can get a Muramasu or 2 helps also.

Selner

It must be almost 100% for the Level 1 Nymphs? I did the dungeon a couple of times this morning, and the Nymphs droped almost every time. I think it was around 80%.

I needed a couple of Nymphs, and think I even got the correct ones.
I've got a bunch of Nymphs and Spirits at this point, so I need to go through and see what I actually need.

Just need more Metal Kings/Gods :p .

It must be almost 100% for the Level 1 Nymphs? I did the dungeon a couple of times this morning, and the Nymphs droped almost every time. I think it was around 80%.

I needed a couple of Nymphs, and think I even got the correct ones.
I've got a bunch of Nymphs and Spirits at this point, so I need to go through and see what I actually need.

Just need more Metal Kings/Gods :p .

Drop Rate decreases drastically as you move from Nymph -> other thing -> Idol. I think Idol is around 20% or so based on my runs.

I didn't have any luck zero stoning lvl 3 until I had multiple maxed 4 star characters, taking ore and atk potions is kind of important also as you can stack them together.

I normally go with a 2 x 50% elemental team and hope the boss isn't the opposing element :S

If you can get a Muramasu or 2 helps also.

but you need idols to make 4 star dudes :X

Just ran level 3 and had 1 out of 5 idols drop with it being the one color I don't need.

such shit for the amount of AOE spam those things throw out.

Selner

This game really needs some sort of farmable xp type mob.

I've got a bunch of evo mats, and could evo my mobs but getting them to lvl30 and lvl40 to be evo'd is the hard part.

Even someting a little more efficient would be good.

I think the metal keys go out once a day? Which is nice, and will be nicer when I get 30 stamina.
What level should I have 30 at? I think I am currently lvl21.

At level 25 you jump from 28 energy to 33.

If you start metal parading right before level, when you level you'll get your energy back for more parades.

If you are short on energy you can sit on the mission select for Metal Parade and wait until you have 15 energy to run one more.

Selner

If you start metal parading right before level, when you level you'll get your energy back for more parades.

If you are short on energy you can sit on the mission select for Metal Parade and wait until you have 15 energy to run one more.

Yeah, the Metal Parade gives what, 1000xp? So it's obviously best to do the Parade when you're close to leveling so you can run it more times.

If you've got 30+ stam, you should be able to do four Metal Parades in a row, provided that the 2nd Parade gives a level up.

What's the stam regen time? At some point you can probably get a 5th Parade since it's open for an hour.

NH Apache

Banned

5 runs if you notice you are less than 2000 away from new lvl.

1000 xp per run

then sit on the screen and you get 5 runs.

Yeah, the Metal Parade gives what, 1000xp? So it's obviously best to do the Parade when you're close to leveling so you can run it more times.

If you've got 30+ stam, you should be able to do four Metal Parades in a row, provided that the 2nd Parade gives a level up.

What's the stam regen time? At some point you can probably get a 5th Parade since it's open for an hour.

it's 10 minutes per point. You can already get 5 by doing : 2 runs -> level up -> 2 runs -> remain in the level select until 15 stamina and run again.

Since they give out keys there really isn't an excuse to NOT wait until you level up. 1k stamina per run.

Draxal

Right now I have a max of 42 energy, and have about 2200 xp to next level. I wait to I cap out then do two runs, wait for it to hit 15 again do another run and level up, and two do additional runs. If with the level up I cap out at 43 nergy I can do additional run before the time runs out, then I just wait on the metal parade screen. For a total of 6 or 7 runs.

Right now I have a max of 42 energy, and have about 2200 xp to next level. I wait to I cap out then do two runs, wait for it to hit 15 again do another run and level up, and two do additional runs. If with the level up I cap out at 43 nergy I can do additional run before the time runs out, then I just wait on the metal parade screen. For a total of 6 or 7 runs.
I was in the exact same situation, except my level up only added a friend capacity point for me, so I ended with 6 runs. Still good, though.

Also, it looks like you can only carry up to 5 metal keys at a time, so keep that in mind.

Draxal

I was in the exact same situation, except my level up only added a friend capacity point for me, so I ended with 6 runs. Still good, though.

Also, it looks like you can only carry up to 5 metal keys at a time, so keep that in mind.

You can only have 5 in the inventory, but if you don't collect any keys from the server failure mails, you can hold more than those 5. There's apparently special events in Japanese Brave Frontier, which is the only reason you'd hold onto those keys.

Jinko

This game really needs some sort of farmable xp type mob.

I've got a bunch of evo mats, and could evo my mobs but getting them to lvl30 and lvl40 to be evo'd is the hard part.

Even someting a little more efficient would be good.

I think the metal keys go out once a day? Which is nice, and will be nicer when I get 30 stamina.
What level should I have 30 at? I think I am currently lvl21.

Metal Parades get much more efficient as you rank up, I would try and concentrate on ranking up as much as you can.

The Friday dungeon is designed to give decent XP and items so that's your best bet outside of spamming the quest dungeons.

Also stay in the dungeon select window for metal parade until you have accumulated another 15 stamina will get you a free go.

Dreavus

I have 2 additional Eze from honor summons, would they be worth leveling up? Eze was also my starter, but I've kind of dropped him for other characters.

Phades

Anyone know how frequent Light/Dark idols show up? I'm on 3 runs without seeing anything.

It just depends on the RNG mood. If they show, they will come with either Angel Maria or Succubus (element dependant). Drop rate is still crap though regardless, so even if you see one, you probably won't get it unless it is on the 5th wave.

It is a bit silly though. On one of my games, I had (used a bunch as fusion fodder) 11 water idols and zero units that needed them. On another game I keep getting nothing but earth idols captured (also don't need them, but could really use the water idols...).

A way to target the element type like for the totems would be nice, or the ability to trade/gift them would work too, but I doubt either of those things are in the works at all.

ReaperXL7

I have actually had more luck getting idols that I need to drop in st Lamia to be honest. It helps that you can target specific types by going to the respective elements zone.

My issue has been totems as they can only he gotten from the Thursday dungeon and they can rock my party good if I'm not careful.

Jinko

Finally managed to evolve Nemia this week, only took 3 weeks to get all the evolve materials together.

Very anti climatic.

But when I consider that I had to wait 8 weeks to get a single Dub-mythlit drop in PAD, its like water of a ducks back.

Draxal

My goal this week is to grab a fire totem to level up my anima Aisha to 5. My water team can do Gallant 3 without any issues, but even still I don't think it can go through a Dark or Light totem yet.

ReaperXL7

Just got my last idol I need for my primary team ( light for Sefia) now all I need is a totem of each element for all to hit 5 star evos.

Hopefully I can knock that out on Thursday

Phades

I have actually had more luck getting idols that I need to drop in st Lamia to be honest. It helps that you can target specific types by going to the respective elements zone.

My issue has been totems as they can only he gotten from the Thursday dungeon and they can rock my party good if I'm not careful.

If you beat the totem dungeon, you get the one you wanted at a minimum.

For St. Lamia? Well, I'm glad you have had good luck. I did over 30 runs through the volcano there on the final stage, over 20 runs on the next to final stage, and 20~30 runs on the 2nd stage. I saw a fire idol collectively 5 times. I captured it once. Although I did see zegar about 10-12 times capturing him 3 times... So yeah, tuesday is far better where I could run it 8-10 times in a day and probably get 1 idol I'm looking for and about 10-20 that I'm not looking for.
I average about 2 idols per run

Also, for reference, I have issues capturing even the scrub nymphs and spirits. Nymphs I capture less than half the time and spirits around one in 3. I have better odds at capturing a winged mimic on my first try on cordellia by comparison, it is not even close. I haven't seen a regular mimic in ages though (across all maps).

Just got my last idol I need for my primary team ( light for Sefia) now all I need is a totem of each element for all to hit 5 star evos.

Hopefully I can knock that out on Thursday

Light totem capture will be the arse pain.

keys dont expire right?

somedays i just dont feel like playing lol

There is a limit to the total amount of keys you can have.

I don't know what that limit is.

chrono01

I just went through a Level 3 Tuesday dungeon and got a Light/Dark/Water/Fire Idol. Yeah, I consider myself lucky since the drop-rate is usually horrible. :/

Now at least I can evolve my Fire Knight Lava into Fire God Lava. I still need a Dark Totem to evolve my Kikuri, here's hoping I can get lucky...

Phades

I just went through a Level 3 Tuesday dungeon and got a Light/Dark/Water/Fire Idol. Yeah, I consider myself lucky since the drop-rate is usually horrible. :/

Now at least I can evolve my Fire Knight Lava into Fire God Lava. I still need a Dark Totem to evolve my Kikuri, here's hoping I can get lucky...

Well you got roughly 2 more shots at it, unless you level up (and they didn't adjust for daylight savings time still...). Fair odds of seeing one. Capping one on the other hand well, hopefully you will remain lucky with the cap rate.

chrono01

Well you got roughly 2 more shots at it, unless you level up (and they didn't adjust for daylight savings time still...). Fair odds of seeing one. Capping one on the other hand well, hopefully you will remain lucky with the cap rate.
What I'm most worried about is surviving the onslaught of both a Dark and other element [such as Fire] Totem in a single run. I mean, one Totem was enough of a challenge for my current team, I don't want to envision two. >_<

Then there's actually getting lucky enough to see a Dark Totem to begin with. Thankfully, the Dark Idols seem to be easier to come by.

It just depends on the RNG mood. If they show, they will come with either Angel Maria or Succubus (element dependant). Drop rate is still crap though regardless, so even if you see one, you probably won't get it unless it is on the 5th wave.

It is a bit silly though. On one of my games, I had (used a bunch as fusion fodder) 11 water idols and zero units that needed them. On another game I keep getting nothing but earth idols captured (also don't need them, but could really use the water idols...).

A way to target the element type like for the totems would be nice, or the ability to trade/gift them would work too, but I doubt either of those things are in the works at all.

My last run I had a dark and light idol show up...both accompanied by another idol. Nither dropped.

I had a run where 2 fire and 2 earth dropped....the rest have been single drop (water...) runs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just realized that I've not been keeping up with spheres at all. I should find a guide to what I should be using. It would probably make level 3 stuff a little easier..

I just realized that I've not been keeping up with spheres at all. I should find a guide to what I should be using. It would probably make level 3 stuff a little easier..

For questing for a long long time I went totally basic. + ATK on attackers, + HP(or +HP/Defense via Flesh Armor) on healers.

For Arena Muramasa/Angelic Foil is arguably the only sphere worth using.

A lot of the other spheres are cute tricks that you kind of need a specialized party to really take advantage of, or are very difficult to acquire without some of the other basic spheres.

Phades

What I'm most worried about is surviving the onslaught of both a Dark and other element [such as Fire] Totem in a single run. I mean, one Totem was enough of a challenge for my current team, I don't want to envision two. >_<

Then there's actually getting lucky enough to see a Dark Totem to begin with. Thankfully, the Dark Idols seem to be easier to come by.

Unlike many other units, the attack break sticks on them, so you can neuter the damage output of one if you have a unit that can apply it. Two idols should be roughly as difficult as a solo totem though, unless you get x4 aoe in a single round.

My last run I had a dark and light idol show up...both accompanied by another idol. Nither dropped.

That's when you know the game is taunting you. Dual idols or totems and neither drop on that round. It is a similar feeling I get when I see one of the starter heroes or other more obscure (dryad for example) unit on the field and fail to catch them every time. Cool, to see them in play, but rather annoying that they never get caught.

ReaperXL7

Lol first run on dweller in the darkness and I got an Anima Oboro to drop on vol 2....the part that sucks is that I'm hunting for Magress so much more farming it still to come.

How are the special event units (Oboro,Zeln,Galant,etc) ranked in the Japanese version? I saw pictures of their new 5* forms recently.

Dreavus

Tried a lvl 2 run and very nearly died - closer than usual. I think Dark/Light "bosses" are tougher than elemental ones. At least with that fire dungeon you can cheese him a bit with the right types. Trying the "right" type against Oboro just makes him deal more damage. D:

Jinko

Tried a lvl 2 run and very nearly died - closer than usual. I think Dark/Light "bosses" are tougher than elemental ones. At least with that fire dungeon you can cheese him a bit with the right types. Trying the "right" type against Oboro just makes him deal more damage. D:

Yea light vs dark is a bad idea in this game lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Yeah, I'm actually pimping my Alice team to deal with everything BUT Light. Mostly because the Light/Dark elemental dance can end you SO quick.

Top Bottom