• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Jinko

So, in essence, the top 500 players for the MVP rewards are going to be the folks who are both simultaneously luckier than everyone else and could clear the prior frontier dungeon then. That really just feels like a kick in the gonads.

I've come across both the jewel gods and winged mimics before, but I typically don't run with dark or light affiliated units, so I couldn't capitalize on it..

Most of these games that have a PvP/competitive element will reward the top/luckiest players and in effect keep them at the top.

It can be pretty frustrating, I try not to take it too seriously though, you have to work incredibly hard (AKA spend a lot of money) to maintain the top 100 let alone top place, which just isn't realistic for most of us.

Draxal

Quick question. Is the ten pulls/guaranteed 4* brave frontiers equivalent of PAD's Godfest?

Just curious since it seems like all the gifted characters are really good.

Honestly, this is the best time to be doing this 10+ guaranteed because two of the three guaranteed characters are amazing.

Phades

Most of these games that have a PvP/competitive element will reward the top/luckiest players and in effect keep them at the top.

It can be pretty frustrating, I try not to take it too seriously though, you have to work incredibly hard (AKA spend a lot of money) to maintain the top 100 let alone top place, which just isn't realistic for most of us.

So, what will the incentive be for people to keep playing once they clear all the quest missions then?

If they have no chance at the competitive aspect, then there is nothing for them to do really. The arena, by extention of facing other players' units is competition in addition to frontier hunter. The vortex is just a more efficent form of farming in most instances. So, it doesn't really leave anything else to do.

I have no idea how raids are going to work

Pbae

Honestly, this is the best time to be doing this 10+ guaranteed because two of the three guaranteed characters are amazing.

Yeah it's tempting but I swore myself to no IAPs. It's tough but I get a deeper satisfaction out of it that way.

The top 500 is probably the people willing to spend gems(and thus probably $) on restoring orbs enough to get in the top 500.

But I'm ok with that, because the survey rewards are points based and cumulative. Everyone will get there eventually, even if it's just one point at a time.

What I'm not ok with is the esteem point system.

Why aren't all waves baselined the same? There simply is no way to get the same point from Lodaga as from Oboro Galant and Nemia. I get about 18k from one, about 50k from the other. The only times I've been lucky enough to defeat the final wave of End, which should give me more points, I've had bad luck on the prior waves so still don't end up anywhere close to 480k.

And Middle is even worse.

Phades

The top 500 is probably the people willing to spend gems(and thus probably $) on restoring orbs enough to get in the top 500.

But I'm ok with that, because the survey rewards are points based and cumulative. Everyone will get there eventually, even if it's just one point at a time.

What I'm not ok with is the esteem point system.

Why aren't all waves baselined the same? There simply is no way to get the same point from Lodaga as from Oboro Galant and Nemia. I get about 18k from one, about 50k from the other. The only times I've been lucky enough to defeat the final wave of End, which should give me more points, I've had bad luck on the prior waves so still don't end up anywhere close to 480k.

And Middle is even worse.
I don't think that 480k is even possible on middle without some way of cheating the system like the heal/tank strategy last time around.

But also, I'm thinking the HR is going to get reset periodically forcing folks to start over with it. I really don't see them giving out free rares every month like that.

Jinko

So, what will the incentive be for people to keep playing once they clear all the quest missions then?

If they have no chance at the competitive aspect, then there is nothing for them to do really. The arena, by extention of facing other players' units is competition in addition to frontier hunter. The vortex is just a more efficent form of farming in most instances. So, it doesn't really leave anything else to do.

I have no idea how raids are going to work

The thing with Arena is that its not really competitive in some ways, because you slowly move up a ladder, if you never lose you just keep going up and up.

Frontier is more competitive because your score = your rank and other people have an effect on that, it also makes it a ton more grindy.

Raids, look like it will be co-operative, where each unit is a player, you will get 3 lifes each and a camp zone, you move around a map, the more you move the more encounters you face. (I have no idea how they expect us to spark with latency issues)

But also, I'm thinking the HR is going to get reset periodically forcing folks to start over with it. I really don't see them giving out free rares every month like that.

Considering the game has over 2 million players, 500 rares are a drop in the ocean.

Can we even pull Seria or she unique to frontier hunter ?

ReaperXL7

So here is a question if anyone might know the answer. I accidentally sold Vargas(who was my starter choice) and obviously the only way I can get him back legitimately is by getting him from the honor pull, or though special event dungeons.

However I'm curious what would happen if I started a gguest account on another device chose another starter and then merged it with my current account through facebook.

Would the New account erase my current one, or would the New account fold into my existing account?

Phades

The thing with Arena is that its not really competitive in some ways, because you slowly move up a ladder, if you never lose you just keep going up and up.
*If. I've had runs where I'd lose 10-12 in a row.
no, i don't cheat by quitting the game
That would set me back nearly an entire rank depending on the matchups wasting days worth of effort. It is indirect, not direct like frontier hunter.

Raids, look like it will be co-operative, where each unit is a player, you will get 3 lifes each and a camp zone, you move around a map, the more you move the more encounters you face. (I have no idea how they expect us to spark with latency issues)
Maybe auto battle it? I dunno. They can barely keep the servers up as is, so any kind of server to peer syncing seems out of the question.

Can we even pull Seria or she unique to frontier hunter ?
Could be unique, not sure. I recall friends of mine (who introduced me to the game) talking about clearing certian things and getting access to the named characters initially, but that totally hasn't happened yet.

Edit, need to revise that. Dunno if the player count is active vs total or WW versus regional or whatever, but it is just piling on at that point for folks who don't need the units in the first place if they can perform that well.

Jinko

Creator Maxwell in Frontier Hunter is a joke, how do you survive an AoE which does 3k damage ?

I feel like half of the fights in this game are won and lost based on luck.

Creator Maxwell in Frontier Hunter is a joke, how do you survive an AoE which does 3k damage ?

I feel like half of the fights in this game are won and lost based on luck.

Maxwell does his AoE on defined rounds (Every 5).

Do your thing for four rounds and then guard the 5th.

chrono01

Well I pulled 10 times. Here's what I got:

King Behemoth [Guardian]
Holy Knight Will [Breaker]
Emilia [Anima]
Pixy Leore [Oracle]
Marksman Lario [Breaker]
Lava [Lord]
Edea [Breaker]
Undine [Lord]
Twin Gem Rickel [Breaker]
Scythe Alice [Lord]

Blade Storm Sefia [Anima] - Free Gift

I decided to pull four more times since, well...why not?

Cowboy Heidt [Breaker]
Wyvern [Lord]
Cowboy Heidt [Guardian]
Twin Gem Rickel [Lord]

So yeah, I should have stopped at 10, but I'm happy regardless. I got that Sefia I wanted, as well as an Alice [finally], in addition to two Rickel [although I know she's the less popular of the three new summons, I'm still happy to have her]. No Phoenix or Lacia yet, though. I'll start re-gaining gems, and pull again [if I can] when a Fire event comes into play.

Dreavus

Hoping to start fighting my way through St. Lamia soon. I've read that poison helps against the phoenix? (my roadblock for the past week or so) My team is all lvl 39-40 3-stars and one lvl 45 4-star. I need access to some idols so I can start moving them up a tier. D:

Noirulus

I caved in and bought the 55 Gem pack, and pulled 11 times. Here are the results (not in order):

Phoenix x2 (Lord, Anima) -> Dupes, already had a Phoenix. ;_;
Leviathan (Breaker)
Thunderbird (Oracle)
Behemoth (Anima)
Great Tree Alneu (Anima) -> Dupe
Twin Gem Rickel (Breaker)
Fire Beast Zegar (Guardian) -> Dupe
Bolt Pike Amy (Anima)
Loch (Oracle)
Emilia (Breaker)

Bonus 4* roll: Twin Flash Rickel (Guardian)-> GODDAMNIT

I was beyond pissed that my bonus roll was a unit that I just got a 3* version of. It didn't help that my last two rolls were both Phoenixes either -_-

I'm quite happy with pulling Amy, Loch, and Emilia, though. Now I have a pretty good thunder team with Eze, Elulu, and Weiss.

Still yet to get a beast roll like Alice, Kikuri, or Edea :|

Also, a person on my friends list has 9k BP but 0 wins and 0 losses. I'm guessing he got reset for cheating (quitting the game mid-fight)?

So I have all the Frontier Hunter End Rewards and all but the Sacred Jewel on Mid.

Which puts me in a conundrum. Do I try for the Sacred jewel from Mid, or do I try to keep my place and run all Ends?

The luck factor to get a set of enemies where 480k is possible on Mid is so ridiculous.

*EDIT* I did 10 summons and wow, did I ever get awesome pulls.

Kikiru(Anima)
Vampire(Breaker)
Alice(Breaker)
Firedrake(Breaker)
5* Edea (Breaker)
Elimo(Lord)
Douglas(Breaker)
Emilia(Breaker)
Lario(Oracle)
Zegar(Anima)

And for my bonus pulls I got 2 for some reason, a Sefia Guardian and Sefia Oracle.

Kikiru, Alice, Edea, Elimo, Emilia, and 2x Sefia? Awesome.

Dreavus

Yikes, got my ass kicked by the 30 energy version of the weekly dungeon. Even using up my last gem wasn't quite enough for the boss.

I think I'm going to need to evolve some dudes before tackling that rank of dungeon again. The annoying part is all the stages leading up to the boss are pretty easy, but when you get to him it's mountains of HP and AoEs for days.

Got 410k on End and worked my way up to 7 gems.

Spent 5 of them and got Aisha, which is awesome, but why... why do I only get 3* units? I have never lucked out and got a 4* or 5* and I must have done Rare Summon like 30-40 times.

lordcyno

Was beginning to think I was cursed and would never pull anything better than a 3 star from the rare machine but I pulled a 4 star Kikuri earlier which means I can finally kick my oracle fire drake/gavan off my team and run a mono dark + healer team. On the downside, I need 4 dark totems to get my dark monsters to 5 star,

tri_willy

Farmed nothing but Zel dungeon this weekend. Went from 30k to 530k. Not bad.

did the one hr special whilst using gems... from fuck all to a millionaire lol

havnt been tempted to do the 10 summons... trying to fucking farm water spirits etc which is a pain in the arse. may as well wait til 2moro for the weekly event

I'm tempted to do this 10 pull deal, need to diversify my team more than anything. Having 5 Water-based heroes makes it a bit difficult at this point, and I could really use a solit tanky Earth hero. Although Dean is a beast.

Lockon

Anyone that beaten Frontier Hunter -End-, could you post your team including levels and spheres? I'm trying to beat it but keep dying at third wave.

Marvelous

While I love the prizes you can get from the latest Frontier Hunter, I'll be glad when it's over. LOL. Manged to get over 600k points on End and 500k+ on Middle.

Last I checked I was Rank 1980 or something. As long as I stay in the 500-3000 range, I'll be satisfied.

Anyone that beaten Frontier Hunter -End-, could you post your team including levels and spheres? I'm trying to beat it but keep dying at third wave.

The team I had that first beat it was:
5* Anima Kikiru Level 80 - Dragon Blade
4* Anima Kikiru Level 60 - Sacred Jewel
5* Anima Alice Level 80 - Sacred Jewel
5* Anima Tree Level 42 - Holy Crown
5* Breaker Elimo Level 53 - Holy Crown

5* No Idea Kikiru Level 80 friend equipped with Medulla Gem.

I always take the protector set. The Demon Flute is the only way I even have a chance to beat the 5th wave.

That team required a lot of luck to win even once. Since I've upped Elimo to level 80, swapped out the Dragon Blade for Medulla Gem, and swapped the Holy crown on the Tree with an Evil Shard.

With the upgrades I win about 4 out of 5, but the game still decides "YOU LOSE!" sometimes.

Alright guys, I'm a little lost right now and looking for some advice on team comps or directions to level.

here's what I have so far :;

Selena (4* : oracle)
II & Mina (4* : breaker)
Phoenix (3* : anima)
Merith (3* : breaker)
Sergio (3* : guardian)
Weiss (3* : guardian)
Behemoth (3* : anima)
Mifune (3* : lord)
Wyvern (3* : guardian)
Stya (2* : guardian)

Then some other 2 star stuff : Leon, Orthos, Salamander, Verica, Rantoul, Claris, Zaza, Fairy, Grafl, Minotaur, Sylph, Atro, Unicorn, and Lilin.

I've pretty much been running II & Mina + Randoms, so any help will be great.

Draxal

Alright guys, I'm a little lost right now and looking for some advice on team comps or directions to level.

here's what I have so far :;

Selena (4* : oracle)
II & Mina (4* : breaker)
Phoenix (3* : anima)
Merith (3* : breaker)
Sergio (3* : guardian)
Weiss (3* : guardian)
Behemoth (3* : anima)
Mifune (3* : lord)
Wyvern (3* : guardian)
Stya (2* : guardian)

Then some other 2 star stuff : Leon, Orthos, Salamander, Verica, Rantoul, Claris, Zaza, Fairy, Grafl, Minotaur, Sylph, Atro, Unicorn, and Lilin.

I've pretty much been running II & Mina + Randoms, so any help will be great.

Il Mina leader. Behemoth and Phoenix And I'd go Selena/Mifune.

Definitely level ii behemoth and phoenix.

tenren

New to the game here and I'm really loving it. Just a quick question though, I keep hearing people in this thread talk about 10 pulls. Are you all saving up gems to do this or actually purchasing the gems? If you're saving up, is there a good way to do it instead of waiting for special daily rewards/clearing PvE?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
New to the game here and I'm really loving it. Just a quick question though, I keep hearing people in this thread talk about 10 pulls. Are you all saving up gems to do this or actually purchasing the gems? If you're saving up, is there a good way to do it instead of waiting for special daily rewards/clearing PvE?

They've started daily rewards, so you COULD save for 10. But otherwise, buying they do a special bonus is the best way to get gems.

Top Bottom