• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Stimpack

I think people who play this game get way, way too caught up on unit types. I'm not aware of any content so far that requires that level of min-maxing where a map is any harder to beat by having a guardian will instead of a [ ] will.

That's definitely not what I was trying to say. I just found it curious that they were all 3 Guardians.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's definitely not what I was trying to say. I just found it curious that they were all 3 Guardians.

Yeah, didn't mean to single you out at all, just making an overall comment. I see a lot of people lamenting their pulls just because of the type, and it really doesn't make a huge difference.

Lomax

So I've casually been doing level 3 Sola on the small chance it drops without having to burn a gem or ton of items and suddenly round 4 is a double pegasus combo that just wipes the floor with me. Apparently it comes up on level 3 only, so that means the trash on level 3 is more difficult than the trash on level 4... silly. I'm just hoping Madia isn't as bad for me as Sola has been as I really want to get her.

Caught my Dark Sybil this morning. Now I have them all and the RNG was actually good for me overall.

Fire Sybil
1 out of 4. Caught Anima type.

Water Sybil
1 out of 3. Caught Anima type.

Earth Sybil
1 out of 22. Caught Breaker type.

Thunder Sybil
1 out of 3. Caught Lord type.

Light Sybil
1 out of 5. Caught Breaker type.

Dark Sybil
1 out of 2. Caught Oracle type.

Lan_97

I also caught one of each. Fire gave me the most trouble in terms of RNG. Thunder was the most difficult fight (had to take on Lv4 with a mono-thunder team, and fall back to Lv3 with a Serin team). Both Earth and Dark dropped on my first Lv4 attempt.

Phades

I'm still working on light sybil. I got the 4 prior to her already. Thunder fight was the only one where I had to use revives, but the light one is forcing me to use more cures overal where as the other fights I didn't have to use any or just 1-2 to get above 50% health. The pain for me was that I was loaded up on evolution materials and I had no space to capture these units until I evolved. Of course 2-3 of my units were also missing 1-2 evolution materials to evolve in addition to needing some levels so I could evolve them in the first place. ><;

Hopefully I get the light sybil after the server maintenence. ^_^;

The account exp push from this event is very noticable. I probably wouldn't have captured the earth and water sybils if I hadn't got the energy refresh from leveling up.

I have all but Dark, and still another day to work on that so I have hope.

From the initial reports it sounded like the drop rate was Keymaster-level bad, but that's clearly not true. Which I am thankful for.

Phades

Managed to get the light one, so dark is all that is left. Kinda wish that I got anima type instead of lord given how her stats start, but meh oh well.

Hoping the dark one isn't a huge lifesteal drawn out fight. Had to blow through a lot of basic cures doing the light one.

Dark was the easiest one for me. Light was difficult because my healer is earth based and all my biggest damage dealers are water based, and Sola's attack did Fire and Thunder damage.

Kreed

Managed to get the light one, so dark is all that is left. Kinda wish that I got anima type instead of lord given how her stats start, but meh oh well.

Hoping the dark one isn't a huge lifesteal drawn out fight. Had to blow through a lot of basic cures doing the light one.

The main annoyance with the dark one is she uses curse, vs the light one which didn't do any status changes. Otherwise she doesn't hit as hard as the light one did.

Phades

Dark was the easiest one for me. Light was difficult because my healer is earth based and all my biggest damage dealers are water based, and Sola's attack did Fire and Thunder damage.

Aw hell, I forgot about that part of it. I don't think my earth team or water team is ready for something like this (my lightning group barely limped through the lv4 water one...).

Not sure I can force my fire team through it or not.

The main annoyance with the dark one is she uses curse, vs the light one which didn't do any status changes. Otherwise she doesn't hit as hard as the light one did.

The longer the fight goes, the more of a PITA those types of status effects are. Damage type is probably going to be a bigger problem for me long term though once the attack buff hits.

Kreed

Aw hell, I forgot about that part of it. I don't think my earth team or water team is ready for something like this (my lightning group barely limped through the lv4 water one...).

Not sure I can force my fire team through it or not.

The longer the fight goes, the more of a PITA those types of status effects are. Damage type is probably going to be a bigger problem for me long term though once the attack buff hits.

If you have a Melchio friend/Melchio lying around, he actually is pretty useful here cause of his skill adding light attribute and blocking status effects for 3 turns. You pretty much have to guard with him the entire fight though without seals.

Stimpack

Yeah, didn't mean to single you out at all, just making an overall comment. I see a lot of people lamenting their pulls just because of the type, and it really doesn't make a huge difference.

Yeah, people get caught up in the details all the time. I think you really have to not concern yourself about having the best of luck in these things, otherwise you'll drive yourself poor and/or crazy.

Kreed

Anyone having issues with the new version? It seems rather unstable, so I'm reinstalling from scratch.

I'm on the Amazon App Store version, and from the looks up the update they got all the updates the Google Play version had in it's previous update before I switched to Amazon during the Memorial Day promotion (new intro screen, no more having to repeatedly change the recording settings, background animations not randomly turning off).

I'm pretty sure Idol drop rate has gotten a massive increase.

uiATtEFl.jpg

this isn't even the only time it happened today. Was getting 3+ drops almost every time

Lomax

I'm pretty sure Idol drop rate has gotten a massive increase.

uiATtEFl.jpg

this isn't even the only time it happened today. Was getting 3+ drops almost every time

Well my anecdotal evidence supports your anecdotal evidence. Here's hoping it isn't a bug or a fluke and that it also extends to when they appear during normal missions.

Credo

Last night broke me from trying to be a collector. Over the course of her event, I went 0/20 on Sola. ZERO FOR TWENTY ! It was an almost even split of level 3s and 4s too. I don't even know that I should attempt the dark type that's up right now.

Ferga

God damn. I'm 0/10 on level 4 Madia right now

Got enough energy for one more run before it runs out.

This is ridiculous since I got the other goddesses in less than 5 level 4s each

Isn't this ne dungeon supposed to be out already? Not showing up for me

Edit : apparently they fucked up so hard it's rebooting people's phones. And not just once, but every time they open BF. Seriously, these are some of the worst programmers I've ever seen. And i mean that very, very literally.

Anyway, looks like they took the dungeon out of the vortex until this round of fuck ups is band-aid'ed

Managed to catch the new summon on only the lvl 11-20 dungeon. Anima type.

Seems his 5* form is locked though as people are saying you can only go as high as 4* right now.

Kreed

Managed to catch the new summon on only the lvl 11-20 dungeon. Anima type.

Seems his 5* form is locked though as people are saying you can only go as high as 4* right now.

They really need to get better testers for their code. Although I don't mind the steady stream of free gems every time they break something.

Phades

Well my anecdotal evidence supports your anecdotal evidence. Here's hoping it isn't a bug or a fluke and that it also extends to when they appear during normal missions.

I was still only making 2 captures (on average) per run across 5 runs. Didn't get the light or thunder idol i needed.

The new Dungeon is a total snooze fest.

I've 'auto'd my way through the first 5 areas. They really couldn't come up with anything more creative than this?

Only seen the baddie once, didn't capture.

I've 'auto'd my way through the first 5 areas. They really couldn't come up with anything more creative than this?

Yea it wasn't even remotely challening until the Level 9 boss, and that was only because at 50% he does a move that cuts all your HPs in half, and I wasn't expecting it. The Level 10 boss actually killed me because he follows up that move with 3 other AoEs at 25%. But you just guard before he gets to 25% and have one guy take him over the limit and you should be fine.

Either way, it's not 100% drop, because I've completed all 100 levels and no drop. Really boring event. I actually auto'ed my way through everything except the boss on Lv. 9 and 10.

Phades

I saw him on the first level (only one I tried so far, since I need to conserve energy for a jewel run later tonight). The dialogue pop up, I think is something that I was expecting more in dungeons instead of the quasi motion comic esque cut scenes pre/post dungeons within the game since I started playing originally.

It doesn't surprise me though that the dungeon is a snoozer for accounts like yours. If they made this like a Karl event, then it would lock out the majority of users from being able to complete it, never mind capture the guy. Xenon himself seems like an interesting dual purpose unit. With his introduction, it does make me wonder if the status effect units are going to fall by the wayside given how many bosses are just flat out immune to just about everything all the time.

It also makes me wonder if this is the start of another push to render a lot of units obsolete.

Draxal

This is more of a push to stop Global players from playing the Japanese version and perhaps spending some more gems. I don't think its working.

Phades

Are global players really that much of a problem within the Japanese game version?

Also, I thought that victory point tournament was the nod to the gem grab instead of this. This feels like the first frontier hunter and something semi-casual, but instead of fixed rewards we have a keymaster thing going on here.

At least the Japanese version works. The global version is a fucking disaster, and I wish Alim would just fire Gumi at this point. Like seriously the game was bricking phones last night after the new dungeon got released. And then they have the nerve to post on Facebook and apologize for the "minor error". There's "minor errors" every time I blink. And by "minor" I mean the game is totally broken, or it puts your phone into an endless reboot loop.

Draxal

Are global players really that much of a problem within the Japanese game version?

Also, I thought that victory point tournament was the nod to the gem grab instead of this. This feels like the first frontier hunter and something semi-casual, but instead of fixed rewards we have a keymaster thing going on here.

Global loses players to the Japanese version, because the qol there is higher. They get more free gems (they recently gave out 10 in one day), more friend points, more giveaways and the game not breaking every day.

Shouta

The new dungeon was bricking phones? Damn, lol.

If I didn't have so many units and the like., I'd consider playing the JP version but I don't know if I can download it for my Nexus 5.

Phades

Global loses players to the Japanese version, because the qol there is higher. They get more free gems (they recently gave out 10 in one day), more friend points, more giveaways and the game not breaking every day.

So, accellerated pacing to make the carrot look bigger in spite of the stick being longer.

What I don't get (this is beyond their coding ineptitude), is why don't they just make the global game the same as the Japanese version. Transition it across just a couple major updates and be done with it. Anything "skipped" with the weekly dungeons, just introduce over time like they have been. Rotate through the "new" premium units with higher pull rates daily, so there is always something fresh that you possibly don't have or want in there. Then give enough opportunities for casual gem earning (not compensated...) in order to promote the desire to catch more of the rare stuff or participate more within the game.

Sure, there is going to be a bit of backend work in there, but once in place it seems like any QOL issues should be far less of a deal breaker overall driving people to one version over another.

With how you phrased it, it made it seem to me that people going to the japanese version was a problem for the japanese developers; not with keeping the global version stable, healthy, and active.

I'm not saying it's a snoozefest because it's easy.

I'm saying it's a snoozefest because it's 9 levels of random dark units followed by a boss.

There's enough quests out there with that structure if I want to play that.

And if I want a rare chance at a dark droppable boss I could go make a few more attempts at getting Zebra to drop. heh

Credo

Is there a better chance to catch the new unit as you go higher in the tower, or is the chance roughly the same? I just finished level 91-100, and I've fought the guy somewhere between 10 to 15 times between level 1 and 100, but I still haven't gotten him.

Is there a better chance to catch the new unit as you go higher in the tower, or is the chance roughly the same? I just finished level 91-100, and I've fought the guy somewhere between 10 to 15 times between level 1 and 100, but I still haven't gotten him.

I think there probably is, but can't say for sure. I read on other forums that the best balance of difficulty and capture rate is somewhere like 71-80. Oddly enough, the very next time I went back to 71-80 and tried again, I captured him.

Phades

Aside from the named mob to capture, is there anything else in there that is worth actually getting to the end for (materials, fusion mobs, etc)?

Phades

So, burn through what, 150 energy to get a gem at the end?

Eh, I guess I don't have anything better to do, assuming I can clear 90-100. =/

So, burn through what, 150 energy to get a gem at the end?

Eh, I guess I don't have anything better to do, assuming I can clear 90-100. =/

90-100 is pretty ridiculous. I recommend a mono color team and seals. Around 25%, make sure everyone is at full health, then guard with everyone but 1 person and have that person try to trigger his major attack. I had to gem it, but I also did it before I read online what kind of attacks he did, so I didn't know about his 25% move.

Phades

90-100 is pretty ridiculous. I recommend a mono color team and seals. Around 25%, make sure everyone is at full health, then guard with everyone but 1 person and have that person try to trigger his major attack. I had to gem it, but I also did it before I read online what kind of attacks he did, so I didn't know about his 25% move.

If/when I get there and it gets as bad as you say, my plan would be to go Vargas/Seria and have a seal (alternatively swap in Meltia for defense/crit). My items would probably be regular cure (since i can carry 10) and holy light, since its more potent and I can carry just as many as divine light. Then have the new ares flute, the seal (party composition varied) or fujin tonics (since you can get 3), and either a goddess light or revive light since I can carry two of either (but if the spike damage hadn't been a problem, hi cures for more stay power).

10%+15~20% hp along with 15~20%+20%+30%+ defense (since BB skills supposadly scale higher) seems like it should be tanky enough, but it is hard for me to judge.

Using my vargas as a baseline, i'd be pegging it at roughly 8k hp with an adjusted ~2800+ defense with vishnu having a similar statline (less hp, but more defense). I'd just end up questioning if the phoenix reborn's aditional defense/hp was worth it over the burst healing +atk power of Lancia given the nature of the fight.

Lomax

71-80 Xenon just took my whole team from full health to dead in two AoEs one round before I was about to kill him. The randomness of this game makes me want to pull my hair out some times.

New units are out. Of this batch, the main one you want is Tesla. I used about 3/4 of my remaining gems and finally got one, but sadly I'm not keen on buying more gems given the Amazon promotion is over and Gumi's less than stellar track record of producing a game that actually works and isn't a steaming pile, so not sure how much longer till i reach the end of the line

Draxal

New units are out. Of this batch, the main one you want is Tesla. I used about 3/4 of my remaining gems and finally got one, but sadly I'm not keen on buying more gems given the Amazon promotion is over and Gumi's less than stellar track record of producing a game that actually works and isn't a steaming pile, so not sure how much longer till i reach the end of the line

Saving my gems for the lunaris batch. Kinda burnt out on all these limited time events with shitty drop rates myself.

Top Bottom