• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

I didn't get any on the last 4 runs (~1 hour ago) that I did. I only saw them on my first few runs.

Pretty lame.

Well, it seems they are still there. Gumi just lowered the encounter rate. Makes me glad I jumped on them right away before they finished all their adjustments. They were literally showing up 1-2x every Metal run.

What else sucks is that in the JPN version Crystal Gods always show up by themselves, which guarantees that if one actually appears you will catch it. In Global they show up with Kings and Ghosts...

By the way, you can also now take a Ghost and evolve them into Kings by merging one with a ghost of each type, so 7000exp for of ghosts become 10000 worth of exp for 1000zel.

Well, it seems they are still there. Gumi just lowered the encounter rate. Makes me glad I jumped on them right away before they finished all their adjustments. They were literally showing up 1-2x every Metal run.

What else sucks is that in the JPN version Crystal Gods always show up by themselves, which guarantees that if one actually appears you will catch it. In Global they show up with Kings and Ghosts...

By the way, you can also now take a Ghost and evolve them into Kings by merging one with a ghost of each type, so 7000exp for of ghosts become 10000 worth of exp for 1000zel.

Are the Crystal Gods going to be a permanent fixture from now on, or is this limited time only?

Phades

So that just takes them from a somewhat uncommon occurrence (of the initial runs I did, I saw 2 crystal mobs for every 3 runs and captured the crystal mob about half the time i saw them (usually getting the stupid ghost much like I do when gods show up) to a really rare occurence for no good reason.

Lame.

Pbae

Don't know if it's just my game client but for daily bonuses, the gem will always appear in the the middle column. It's been like that for the last 20 or so picks, and i've been able to grab a lot more free gems by only choosing from that column.

Lomax

The Freya fight just brings attention to everything bad about this game. You can be doing really well, and bam, she gets lucky and kills three characters in one round and you're done. Or you can get lucky and she'll go four rounds without using an AOE and you kill her easily. Or you can just brute force overpower her with heavily overleveled characters and she's no doubt a joke. Or just toss a gem at it and she dies. Any sense of strategizing or true accomplishment is just thrown out the window, and then you add to that an annoyingly low drop rate and all the flaws come to the forefront. And the best suggestion is just to ignore her because the drop isn't worth the hassle, but still, what's the point in even playing the game if that's the best choice? The maidens motivated me to play more and even throw the game some support, this fight just makes me want to walk away and uninstall.

So that just takes them from a somewhat uncommon occurrence (of the initial runs I did, I saw 2 crystal mobs for every 3 runs and captured the crystal mob about half the time i saw them (usually getting the stupid ghost much like I do when gods show up) to a really rare occurence for no good reason.

Lame.

I just did about 27 runs and saw 2 crystals. Both occurred by themselves and so I captured both of them. So it looks like they turned them from a moderately uncommon appearance with a not-guaranteed capture to a very rare appearance with a guaranteed capture. I don't think it's that bad of a change. We also got ghost evolution to king, so it's still an improvement without being broken. Net win IMO

Lanrutcon

Got my Alice:

QpWCxMi.png

Ran about 30ish metal parades, saw only one crystal god.

They completely obliterated the spawn rate.

Lomax

Finally got my Freya. Spent more gems than I should have, but still less than burning two spins on the machine would have been, so it seems worth it to me. Still, an annoying fight to say the least. I clearly need to spend a lot more time farming metal parades for levels.

Been doing the totem dungeon for 4-5 weeks now trying to get dark totems, and have only been able to get 1 so far. I have 6 light totems just sitting there trolling me every time i look at my units. -.- My Alice and Lico have been stuck at 4* forever and it's been slowing down my progress because they are always dying so quickly.

Lomax

So, after all my issues with Freya, the RNG gods saw fit to give me Paula on my very first try, on level 3 no less. I have such an abusive relationship with this game x.x

Phades

The multi summon feature for the honor summons seems faster now. They are also running the higher summon rate for metals/jewels now.

Credo

I give up on Eliza. Fought her 10 times, half level 3 and half level 4, and still can't get her. Plus, I had to use a gem twice to continue because she did what Lomax mentioned about Freya and killed me out of nowhere.

Does anyone know if new sphere upgrades were added to the town? I'm only level 30 so i can't check, but but i know that new synthesis recipes were added

Does anyone know if new sphere upgrades were added to the town? I'm only level 30 so i can't check, but but i know that new synthesis recipes were added

Yes, two new levels(4 spheres) were added. One was a weaker Evil Shard (small bonus boost every turn). One was +15% ATK/DEF. One was resist all status (weaker Refined Gem). Don't remember the fourth one off hand.

In addition, Angelic Foil is now the +75% for two rounds version of Muramasa, instead of +50% for 4 rounds.

Phades

In addition, Angelic Foil is now the +75% for two rounds version of Muramasa, instead of +50% for 4 rounds.
Is this the nod that we are going to see 75% for more than 2 rounds soon, or +75% with other effects as well since this is a craftable item?

In some ways, it is a nerf to potential damage, but it will now end most fights 50% faster all other things being equal. The improved cordecelite item has my interest as a "B" team item. But that just enhances my "junk to farm for" catagory that has squat to do with topping out my folks exp wise or moving the account exp bar efficiently.

The 4th gem is boosts atk when BB gauge is full, a weaker Divine Stone.

Names are:

Health Charm: Increased resistance to all status
Lizeria Gem: Boost ATK/DEF by 15%
Divine Gem: Boost ATK when BB gauge is full.
Demon Shard: Slightly increase BB after every turn.

Phades

Cool thanks for that.

Blah, I just got done doing 13 parade runs. 0 crystal appearances. Much sad and disapointing, plus wow.

QQ

Yes, two new levels(4 spheres) were added. One was a weaker Evil Shard (small bonus boost every turn). One was +15% ATK/DEF. One was resist all status (weaker Refined Gem). Don't remember the fourth one off hand.

Gah, so much karma. just when I was nearing completion of the town. I guess the two new levels are about 500k each?

So, I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and my team stands as this. I am completely non-IAP so I'm working with what I get from compensation and stuff but I think it's a pretty solid team.

Mainly just grinding up levels on the Thunderbird at the moment since I'm nearing my team's max. I'd love some feedback on my team and what you guys think I should work on in terms of trying to capture or level up from here, my current goal is just to improve this team with evolution since google leads me to believe it's not a bad little team for a non-IAP. Namely, my Ice Queen has to be evolved because she is by far my weakest member at the moment.

Also, don't hate me but I got a Light Crystal this morning on my first parade and didn't know what it was or how rare it was until I read this thread.

(Rainbow Team, since it fits with what I got.)

[Leader] Cyborg Lilith (Anima)
Bolt Knight Amy (Oracle)
Rakshasa Vishra (Breaker)
Ice Queen Selena (Guardian)
God Tree Eltri (Guardian)

Now, I also have 2 Memetes (fuck!) so I figure I should be leveling him up as an alt for some levels - which is better ... Lord or Breaker?

PS: I'm assuming I need a bunch of Magical Axes (my next unlock, too!) or other spheres you recommend for a fairly early on player.

Draxal

Summon rates are up for the douglas/mega/lava/alice tier (go get your op douglas if you think you are lucky).

edit. for gems I kinda just with def/hp gems until I got my medulla/sacred jewels.

What status effect does she hit you with? I keep guessing wrong when I go in blind on my first attempt for these Sibyls...

Err, I was talking about the new story quest area after Palmyna. Not sure about the Lightning Sibyl, haven't tried it yet. I'd guess Paralyze though since that's a common theme among lightning-based monsters.

Draxal

Err, I was talking about the new story quest area after Palmyna. Not sure about the Lightning Sibyl, haven't tried it yet. I'd guess Paralyze though since that's a common theme among lightning-based monsters.

She does the damage reduction debuff and boy my earth squad is incredibly weak.

Oh my bad man.

She does the damage reduction debuff and boy my earth squad is incredibly weak.

Okay, thank you very much. Yeah my Earth team would be dust. Going to have to stick with my Fire team.

Edit: Well that was brutal. She hits so damn hard wtf... Guess I'm skipping her.

I don't know why enemy Thunder bosses AoE Brave burst style attacks always do ridiculously high damage.

It's like they are trying to sucker people into using a Thunder party, none of whom are nearly as good for you as they are as enemies.

Thankfully I captured Zele first try.

I don't know why enemy Thunder bosses AoE Brave burst style attacks always do ridiculously high damage.

It's like they are trying to sucker people into using a Thunder party, none of whom are nearly as good for you as they are as enemies.

Thankfully I captured Zele first try.

Yes! And she did her aoe every single turn! It was infuriating! I may try a couple of level 3 runs, but I won't get my hopes up.

Also, is anyone else experiencing an issue where the boss music for the Sibyl's doesn't loop and just stops? I tried reinstalling it but it didn't help.

Lan_97

Saw the rate up a went through most of my free and promo Amazon coin gems. Stopped at my third Douglas. Pretty pleased.

Sergio
Douglas x3 (G,L,B)
Alice
Will
Emilia
Siren
Lava x2
Leore
Aisha
Mega

Are these sibyl sisters even worth the energy? I got the first two, but i find myself woefully under excited about them, and not sure i want to bother with the rest

Lan_97

They seem not too useful outside of collection purposes if you have enough premium/maiden units to fill out mono teams.

Stimpack

Pulled 20 times and didn't get a single Douglas. If fact, I only got one of increased rate summons. Ah, well. Anyway, now the game is crashing every time I start it up. Am I the only one? Should I reinstall?

*edit* Hmmm, nevermind. It seemed to be an issue with Amazon.

blackflag

I only pulled 5 times. No Dougy :( got a Captain Mega that I didn't have, another lava, another Melchio which isn't so bad, and a Duel GX that I didn't have, and a third freakin golem....

Could have been worse I say

Stimpack

So apparently the game lost all of my data or something, because it's not letting me use my account. I've reinstalled Amazon with no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and I've installed the Google Play version. Nope, can't access my character. Keeps asking me to create a new account.

*edit* Disregard that. At some point I registered through Facebook.

Lomax

Does Sola cause status effects? I'm seeing some people say that she doesn't

She doesn't seem to, but she heals every turn.

I took a fire team in on her and just can't kill her fast enough. Looks like I'll be going without getting this one unless I get lucky on level 3.

atlantos

Neo Member
is there a way to make your heroes favorite like in PAD? I have been putting them into teams but it is running out of space.. I got too many heroes I want to keep :( and learning from PAD, I don't want to get rid of any rare heroes in case they introduce dual evolution...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
is there a way to make your heroes favorite like in PAD? I have been putting them into teams but it is running out of space.. I got too many heroes I want to keep :( and learning from PAD, I don't want to get rid of any rare heroes in case they introduce dual evolution...

Nope. And seeing as how everyone has been asking for this extremely simple thing since the game was released, I'm guessing Gumi wants us to mistakenly fuse our desired critters away.

Lockon

Got Zele (lord). Now for Sola. Anyone know if she weak to any status effects? Zele was easy for me because she got poison to death lol.

blackflag

Thank you based Gumi for the 3 compensation gems that allowed me 1 last pull during the rate up event.

Finally got Douglas. Anima, not sure if that's good but it will have to do.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I pulled 3 Holy Knight Wills. They are all Guardians.

I think people who play this game get way, way too caught up on unit types. I'm not aware of any content so far that requires that level of min-maxing where a map is any harder to beat by having a guardian will instead of a [ ] will.

Top Bottom