• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

Managed to capture a freya on my phone. It is a guardian. I have no idea if that is a bad type for her or not.

The prospect of getting burst frogs though from that dungeon is really tempting though, but there is other stuff I should be farming for. ><;

Got an Anima Freya.

Not sure I'll ever use her but eh, I'm such a sucker for this stuff.

My best units are all water and dark so the Water one is the only one I really want. Pretty much guaranteeing it won't happen.

Phades

Yeah, getting the entries unlocked in the help menu is a game onto its self really and is the biggest nod towards a pokedex style mechanic.

blackflag

Got an Anima Freya.

Not sure I'll ever use her but eh, I'm such a sucker for this stuff.

My best units are all water and dark so the Water one is the only one I really want. Pretty much guaranteeing it won't happen.

Yeah I have good earth units but never bothered to level them so I probably won't be able to get it.

Ferga

Man, not being able to effectively use my main two teams against Freya sucks (Dark team and BB spam team)

I'm resorting to running level 3 now. I've used all my potions and tonics from running level 4

Lomax

I wish I knew if the drop rates for Level 4 were high enough to make it worth gemming some wins, I'd really like to have the unit and wouldn't mind burning the gems, but I really don't want to spend a bunch and end up with nothing.

blackflag

I wish I knew if the drop rates for Level 4 were high enough to make it worth gemming some wins, I'd really like to have the unit and wouldn't mind burning the gems, but I really don't want to spend a bunch and end up with nothing.

It's not and the units aren't great. I got lucky my first try but I've tried L4 several times since and nothing. I wouldn't use a gem.

brb

Caught Elsa Eliza on my first run too :D Got super lucky on that level 3 run. Still gotta try level 4 but if it was anything like Freya I might not be able to :/

Lockon

Got both Freya (Breaker) and Eliza (Lord) on level 4 first try. I kinda want anima Freya but not a big deal. Other ones as long as I get one of each for collection sake then thats enough for me.

Lusankya

So, how do I get the free Zephu? I've got the code, but under Social -> Special I can only input another player's ID but not the code.

Lomax

Got lucky and got Eliza on my second run with a skin of my teeth kill with one man standing with 200 hp left, but I'm 0/5 on Freya Lvl 4 (haven't seen a single burst frog either) and of course Freya is the one that just seems to hit so much harder x.x

Got lucky and got Eliza on my second run with a skin of my teeth kill with one man standing with 200 hp left, but I'm 0/5 on Freya Lvl 4 (haven't seen a single burst frog either) and of course Freya is the one that just seems to hit so much harder x.x

Nice. I'm 0/5 on Freya as well, but on lvl3.

What level are your units? I'm not sure if my squad can handle lvl 4 and I don't want to waste 30 energy when I can use that energy on a lvl 3 run.

Lomax

Nice. I'm 0/5 on Freya as well, but on lvl3.

What level are your units? I'm not sure if my squad can handle lvl 4 and I don't want to waste 30 energy when I can use that energy on a lvl 3 run.

I've only beat her twice without using a gem x.x My water team is by far my strongest but nothing impressive by any stretch. I can beat level 3 pretty easily though and can tear all the way through level 4 until she buffs with light and then she just wipes me out. If all your characters are 4k hp or more I'd say you can probably manage. My lightning team that beat Eliza is arguably a lot worse but they just seemed to survive her a lot better. The times I beat Freya without a gem I just got lucky and survived a couple of extra rounds without anyone dying, once people start dropping it just compounds really quickly. Of course popping that gem and wiping her out is pretty satisfying, but probably not really worth it as they mentioned earlier.

I will say that if you haven't beaten her at all on level 4 and you're on the fence, it's worth doing at least once even if it takes a gem to kill her, as you'll get a gem for beating her the first time. And if you can beat level 3 consistently, you can certainly beat level 4 with a gem.

I've only beat her twice without using a gem x.x My water team is by far my strongest but nothing impressive by any stretch. I can beat level 3 pretty easily though and can tear all the way through level 4 until she buffs with light and then she just wipes me out. If all your characters are 4k hp or more I'd say you can probably manage. My lightning team that beat Eliza is arguably a lot worse but they just seemed to survive her a lot better. The times I beat Freya without a gem I just got lucky and survived a couple of extra rounds without anyone dying, once people start dropping it just compounds really quickly. Of course popping that gem and wiping her out is pretty satisfying, but probably not really worth it as they mentioned earlier.

I will say that if you haven't beaten her at all on level 4 and you're on the fence, it's worth doing at least once even if it takes a gem to kill her, as you'll get a gem for beating her the first time. And if you can beat level 3 consistently, you can certainly beat level 4 with a gem.

Yeah I was thinking of trying lvl4 and using a gem if needed, but I used all 10 of my gems yesterday on two rare summons which turned out to be trash :/

I can run lvl 3 consistently, but my worry for lvl 4 is that 3 units in my squad are dark so I'll probably get destroyed when she switches to light attacks. I don't have any units at a high enough level to replace those 3 dark units either.

Any advice for someone just starting out? I'm level 22 and I'm not really sure if i'm leveling/playing correctly.

Umm, one piece of advice I can give you is that the best way to get the most out of your metal parade runs is to wait until you are close to leveling up. You can essentially double the amount of metal runs you would normally be able to do.

Example: If your max energy is 30, try to get you exp so that you need 1001-2000 exp to level up. Since each metal run takes up 15 energy and gives you 1000 exp you'll level up on the 2nd run and have a full bar of energy to use for more metal runs.

Lanrutcon

Don't stress too much if you don't get the goddess. The goddess events have appeared more than once in Japan, so we'll probably get them multiple times too.

Lomax

Yeah I was thinking of trying lvl4 and using a gem if needed, but I used all 10 of my gems yesterday on two rare summons which turned out to be trash :/

I can run lvl 3 consistently, but my worry for lvl 4 is that 3 units in my squad are dark so I'll probably get destroyed when she switches to light attacks. I don't have any units at a high enough level to replace those 3 dark units either.

Oh yeah, as easily as she shreds my water units I shudder to think what she would do to dark units. Honestly I'm just happy I got Eliza, she can replace the second Selena I've been running. Like I said earlier, I have more temptation running these goddesses since I feel almost able to beat them, if they just thrashed me I'd ignore them and move on. In the grand scheme of things my teams still have a long way to go, I've got no 6 star units and only a few 5 stars.

I beat a Totem mission, used the totem to evolve a unit, then logged out and back in to get the daily log in.

When I log back in, my unit has devolved. I'm still out the evolve units and the Zel but my unit is back to 60/60 4*.

Wonderful. I so look forward to trying to get another idol of that specific color, not to mention all the other crap I now have to re-farm.

akileese

I've been having a blast with this I just wish there weren't so many network key errors :(

Really doesn't matter what time of day or night I play. It never stops.

Lanrutcon

Servers are down.

Apparently the new evolution units are live, but aren't support to be live or something. People encountering them crashed at the end of the level, and now the servers are down.

Emergency maintenance?

Phades

Yeah something strange is afoot at the circle K. I tried to do a metal parade, but the dungeon failed to allow me in saying that I already used a key over and over again. Did a full restart and says the servers are down. Well screw me eh? Not as bad as bridgette though, but I basically lost today's key and about ~40 energy because of it (due to timing). Le sigh. If only I didn't have to work and could have stayed up till 4am to play games...

Classic Gumi.

For some reason I read that and thought "Stay classy Gumi". ><;

Phades

I failed to cap it, so I was asking to just make sure. Next trip through I captured a fire version. ~220k exp. Yummy.

Looks to me like the whole June update is live. I clicked on quests and got a cutscene, and the new Lizeria world is accessible to me now. I think this only happens if you've completed all the way to the end of Palmyna, though.

Not sure if it is true since my time ran out, but they are saying the Crystal Gods are not showing up any longer.

That would be a real shame and makes me glad I was able to take full advantage while they popped up 1-2 times per run. Ended up getting 8-9 of them and brought my lvl 9 4* Douglas to his current lvl 1 6* form and still have (2) Crystal Gods to feed him. :)

Draxal

Looks to me like the whole June update is live. I clicked on quests and got a cutscene, and the new Lizeria world is accessible to me now. I think this only happens if you've completed all the way to the end of Palmyna, though.

Is Grah up? He's the second trial boss after Karl and I haven't beaten Karl yet because I keep on getting new and better units for my lightning team that I'm too lazy to level up.

Also, if you have a remotely decent lightning team, just go for Karl. I had a hard time until I got my lightning team up, but finally beat him with one team. Holy Thunder Eze, Amy, Loch, Rashil, May, and a friend Amy.

Phades

Not sure if it is true since my time ran out, but they are saying the Crystal Gods are not showing up any longer.

That would be a real shame and makes me glad I was able to take full advantage while they popped up 1-2 times per run. Ended up getting 8-9 of them and brought my lvl 9 4* Douglas to his current lvl 1 6* form and still have (2) Crystal Gods to feed him. :)

I didn't get any on the last 4 runs (~1 hour ago) that I did. I only saw them on my first few runs.

Pretty lame.

Top Bottom