• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Lockon

I did 10 summons...got a lot new units that I don't already have so.

Homusubi 4*
Kushra 4*
Melchio 5*
Lebra 4*
Lilith 4*
Lira 4*

others are units I got before: Dean, Tiara, Edea, and Lemia.

Draxal

Um. Its kinds different now as leader skills matter a ton due to bb spam.
Only counting six stars for this Note this is a work in progress and doesn't include the newest six tier units).

Leader
S++ Lebra/Then new fire guy that game out/Felneus

Sub Units (Multiple)
S++ Douglas
S Serin (5 star since no six star version of her).

Sub Units (Single)
S++ Duel GX
S++ Zephyr

Sub Units (Healer)
S+ Elimo

Um. Its kinds different now as leader skills matter a ton due to bb spam.
Only counting six stars for this Note this is a work in progress and doesn't include the newest six tier units).

Leader
S++ Lebra/Then new fire guy that game out/Felneus

Why do you have Lebra and the fire guy on here? Aren't they kind of lame leaders?

Draxal

Why do you have Lebra and the fire guy on here? Aren't they kind of lame leaders?

Fire guy has the same leader skill as Felneus. With 2 Douglas you only need one Felneus as a leader to bb spam every turn. Lebra's leader skill buffs spark damage, and if you're using a bb spam douglas team, your sparking a billion times every turn and Libra sbb gives a good buff to atk/def/rec with about 15 hits himself.

Fire guy has the same leader skill as Felneus. With 2 Douglas you only need one Felneus as a leader to bb spam every turn. Lebra's leader skill buffs spark damage, and if you're using a bb spam douglas team, your sparking a billion times every turn and Libra sbb gives a good buff to atk/def/rec with about 15 hits himself.

What's the spark damage bonus? Because unless it's more than 50% wouldn't a regular 50% leader be better?

Pbae

How's everyone's luck with Xenon?

I've just cleared all the levels but I haven't gotten a single catch. Hoping I can get one before time runs out ;D

I ran through all the levels and didn't get a capture. Then read online that 71-80 was the best place, so went back and captured him on my first attempt. Also can't be bothered to try again.

Ferga

Wow. Happened again :\

80 gems and didn't get a single new unit. Man, this lira batch hates me.

At least I got a lebra to complement my felneus and douglas pair

Credo

How's everyone's luck with Xenon?

I've just cleared all the levels but I haven't gotten a single catch. Hoping I can get one before time runs out ;D

Fought him somewhere between 20 to 25 times before I finally got him. Don't know that it was worth it.

Pbae

Finally got Xenon but had to gem =[

I had to fight him 5 FREAKING TIMES on level 91-100!

I am so done with this dungeon...

I just downloaded an update for the Amazon version of the game (not an in-game patch but a patch through the Amazon store) but I have no idea what's new.

Dreavus

I ran through all the levels and didn't get a capture. Then read online that 71-80 was the best place, so went back and captured him on my first attempt. Also can't be bothered to try again.

Good to know, I'm working my way up now and I really hope 71-80 is doable for me when I reach it tomorrow. Running a team of mostly high level 4-5 star dudes :|

Phades

Finally got Xenon but had to gem =[

I had to fight him 5 FREAKING TIMES on level 91-100!

I am so done with this dungeon...

I had to fight him twice on 81-90. That was the hardest run out of them all for me. He was doing the x3 AOE BB at 50%, x1 ST BB with armor break/paralysis per turn, and the 25% soul sacrifice or whatever it was called along with regular BB in the same turn multiple times. I blew through everything I had and just barely limped out of that dungeon. ><; Funny thing was, I wasn't even setup to be very defensive at all and had a godtree as an ally due to the friend list giving me crap choices. blah.

91-100 was a cakewalk by comparison since I only fought him once and managed to blast him away >25% at the end skipping that special attack.

Phades

You probably would have beat him once fine. More than once I think would be hard for anyone in the same run (I'm saying that after having spent 3x fujin tonics, 10 potions, 2 revival lights, 3 divine and holy lights and limping out of the second fight with 2 surviving characters Vishnu and Cayena).

But that also means you didn't get to experience the fight that followed "this isn't even my final form/I've been going easy on you speech". ^_^;

Apparently Gumi is considering ditching FH this month in favor of another VP tournament because the first was so "great".

What a load of garbage. The VP Tournament is a ridiculously bad idea and Gumi should never bring it back. But I'm so glad Paris and Tilith are being pushed off for Gumi's over-the-top cash grab.

Kreed

Yikes, that was terrible. o_O
Can only hope that it'll be better this time around.

The biggest issue is the tournament encouraged players to play quests, whereas arena matches barely got you any points and Vortex dungeons gave you no points, with quests that cost more energy getting you more points. So players who used gems to refill their energy to play more quests benefitted the most from this contest and could get higher rankings than those that didn't, which was made even worse because of the limited number of prizes.

Even if they increase the number of prizes, the contest being based on energy will still give an unfair advantage to those who spend money on gems/use gems for stamina vs those who don't.

Lomax

The biggest issue is the tournament encouraged players to play quests, whereas arena matches barely got you any points and Vortex dungeons gave you no points, with quests that cost more energy getting you more points. So players who used gems to refill their energy to play more quests benefitted the most from this contest and could get higher rankings than those that didn't, which was made even worse because of the limited number of prizes.

Even if they increase the number of prizes, the contest being based on energy will still give an unfair advantage to those who spend money on gems/use gems for stamina vs those who don't.

Which of course is why Gumi loved it, because it encourages gem buying/spending more than other events.

Phades

Apparently Gumi is considering ditching FH this month in favor of another VP tournament because the first was so "great".

What a load of garbage. The VP Tournament is a ridiculously bad idea and Gumi should never bring it back. But I'm so glad Paris and Tilith are being pushed off for Gumi's over-the-top cash grab.

Wait, we aren't going to get those 2 units, or do you mean that they are just being delayed?

The VP thing is just bad all around. They might as well just offer an auction where people just throw real money at them and the highest bidders get the OP items.

Kreed

Wait, we aren't going to get those 2 units, or do you mean that they are just being delayed?

The VP thing is just bad all around. They might as well just offer an auction where people just throw real money at them and the highest bidders get the OP items.

Delayed. The less Frontier Hunters/the longer it takes for us to get more Frontier Hunters, the longer it will take for us to get those units.

The worst thing about the Victory Points thing is that I did probably 10 quests when the event was going on, never got a single victory point. Fuck that shit.

Phades

Need more events like frontier hunter and the goddesses for burst frog opportunities.

I'm hoping for regular quest appearances too like how pots, kings, and idols can show up.

Phades

Yes, we will have them wasting all their energy and time on things that won't help them.

a2213358-88-mister-burns-excellent.jpg

But yeah, they could do almost anything else and have something better to show for it instead of what they did previously.

Pbae

They need to do something about energy for the higher level players, or at least give us a endless mob mode that doesn't require energy. Since I'm a non-IAP player, I get only like 5 minutes of play since I usually need to run high level vortexes for my party.

Captured 2 Water gods and got a mission reward of a metal god for completing levels 121-130. Seems like they might have listened when people complained about the total lack of rewards in the first 100.

Phades

Yeah, these next 100 sound a lot more interesting than the previous one. Since you cleared the first one, the previous one sticks around if you want to try to cap Xenon that is still possible. If we clear this 100 floors, then another 100 opens up. So, I'm guessing 6 of these in total are planned at a minimum. ~600 floors straight up in a tower? Lol, so we are climbing the stairway to heaven or is this just the shinra tower.

0.jpg

Maybe we can get Tillith to teleport us back out again like she does a few other places...

Is there really going to be another one after this? I was under the impression it would just be light and dark. Either way, I'm up to like the 6th one of the new series, and it's definitely better. I wish the exp gain wasn't such shit on these though. 1000 experience for 20 energy is fucking terrible.

So far I've fought the boss like 3 times and gotten 2 elemental gods, and an Fire Idol.

Phades

The MOTD seems to suggest that. To me, the tower feels like a metal parade in terms of exp return. I'm not sure why it would make sense to do it this way, since it stalls out higher level accounts, but doesn't change much with lower level ones since they don't need tens of thousands of exp points to level.

I did the first set fairly casually and I'll do the same with the next set. I'm far to zel and inventory strapped to really dedicate farming to only this.

Started actually playing this after seeing a bunch of commercials and dling it but not touching it. Liking it more than something like PnZ I have to say. Also got one of these in a random draw, not sure how good it is, but the design is the type I love so I'm using it :)

BqdWHvGCUAAyb45.jpg

Also has this game been crashing a ton for anyone else? Seems like the last patch took out use of skills in auto mode and added a ton of crashing. Using a ipod touch 5th or w/e gen.

I'm a little late in the game in terms of this tower event (up to Floor 80).
I have a feeling I won't make it past 100, but I managed to get a Xenon (Anima)

8 totem runs this morning (2 of each element), and not a single encounter of a dark or light totem :(

I guess I'll run Miracle Totem twice to get 2 of every kind of totem, and then I'll have to wait until next week. I really wish they'd bring the Dark / Light totem dungeons.

Phades

I encountered a dark totem in the water dungeon. Not that it helps you any. :(

I don't even think I still need dark totems. I don't have many dark units and most are maxed out already.

I encountered a dark totem in the water dungeon. Not that it helps you any. :(

I don't even think I still need dark totems. I don't have many dark units and most are maxed out already.

Same here. In this case I just recently got 2 new dark units (the battle maiden and the one from the recent rare summon event, forgot her name). But that's it dark-wise.

Shouta

Totems and Pots are my bottle neck right now. I've got enough units for full teams of almost all elements but they aren't upgraded. D=

Lockon

Got my first Estia (A) on floor 181-190. Had to use gem because I didn't know it could revive itself...and I probably shouldn't be using dark team to begin with lol.

Top Bottom