• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Lomax

It's pretty disappointing that Estia's dungeon is just completely not available for those that didn't complete the earlier stages in time, hopefully they bring it back at some point in the future.

Kreed

I got Estia to drop from 161-170, so I am done with the dungeon. Really hope the next event after this was worth all this trouble (as in more than just a worthless unit and 2 gems).

I also beat the Stya dungeon lvl 3, which really hit home how far I've gotten since I first started the game the last time the dungeon was around and I farmed lvl 1 for a week because lvl 2 was too difficult.

Phades

LV3 stya wrecked me last time around. Haven't retried this time, but since I have a lightning team now, it should be signifigantly easier.

Phades

I'm willing to guess that a lot of the higher account folks here dropped north of 200 energy total on the estia series, with the unlucky ones pushing 300~400+.

Anyone who got it during their initial climb through the tower should consider themselves lucky.

I'm willing to guess that a lot of the higher account folks here dropped north of 200 energy total on the estia series, with the unlucky ones pushing 300~400+.

Anyone who got it during their initial climb through the tower should consider themselves lucky.

Put me in the 400+ group. I know I fought her at least 20 times, and although that includes a couple of occasions where I encountered her 2-3x in one dungeon, it doesn't include the numerous occasions that I never encountered her. So I'm wagering I ran the dungeon at least 20-25 times, and I was doing the 30 energy version.

Pbae

Put me in the 400+ group. I know I fought her at least 20 times, and although that includes a couple of occasions where I encountered her 2-3x in one dungeon, it doesn't include the numerous occasions that I never encountered her. So I'm wagering I ran the dungeon at least 20-25 times, and I was doing the 30 energy version.

Did you at least get her?

Did you at least get her?

Yea, I had been focusing entirely on the last 3 levels, thinking it had a higher drop rate. Got tired of it and decided I would try an earlier level for shits and giggles, and immediately got her on 121-130 the very first time I tried.

Pbae

Uhh, is anyone getting getting a lot of starter summons from Honor Summon?

I just did a multi roll and got 3 Guardian Magress', Guardian Altro, and Lord Selene?

My game is glitching out in my favor!

Lan_97

Decided to take on Karl to use up some energy right before a level up. Not too bad. I was able to keep my thunder squad alive through blue execution by guarding with everyone but one unit to push Karl's hp under 50%. Let that team peter out, and cleaned up with mono water.

I got Xenon on my normal run through the tower and never even saw him from 171-200.

The game punished me as a result, and Estia showed up 3 and 4 times for me on 181-190 and 191-200.

And even then I ran countless level 161-170s and 171-180s before I got her to drop.

Phades

I got Xenon on my normal run through the tower and never even saw him from 171-200.

The game punished me as a result, and Estia showed up 3 and 4 times for me on 181-190 and 191-200.

And even then I ran countless level 161-170s and 171-180s before I got her to drop.

How exactly does someone beat Estia 4 times on 191-200?

Lol, you fought her so much you broke her the other day. That's what it was.

I was in the low teens for 171-180 with sprinkles of runs of floors lower than that for whatever would fit my remaining energy between farming red/gold drops and blue grass. That battle makes more sense to not bring a healer and just get it over with as fast as possible, but totally kills any stay power over time. :(

I was running an Earth/Water party (Tree, Karl, Felneus(Leader), Douglas, Douglas(Leader), Serin.

With judicious and well timed Earth/Water Ore I could beat Estia from ~40% to 0%, which would prevent the resurrection (not sure exactly where she would cast that buff, it was around 30%).

After which it was a combination of luck + gems. I had just acquired 3 gems from a new Arena rank, and I don't have them anymore.

I should have just quit and retried.

Phades

I was running an Earth/Water party (Tree, Karl, Felneus(Leader), Douglas, Douglas(Leader), Serin.

With judicious and well timed Earth/Water Ore I could beat Estia from ~40% to 0%, which would prevent the resurrection (not sure exactly where she would cast that buff, it was around 30%).

Wouldn't Titan elixers been more space efficient for what you were using it for? Although, I guess I could see the point in the ores instead for multiple battle uses.

Your group sounds like it recharges BB easy. It makes me wonder if you had Tesla leveled and ready, if you could have just had him spam the 50% damage reduction and coasted through the fight.

So you need Xenon to get Estia, right? Woof. I never got him in the last part of the tower, lol.

That seems to be how it is supposed to be. Although, I can't find anything official on it or what is in the works. Some of this seems fairly impromptu.

Wouldn't Titan elixers been more space efficient for what you were using it for? Although, I guess I could see the point in the ores instead for multiple battle uses.

Your group sounds like it recharges BB easy. It makes me wonder if you had Tesla leveled and ready, if you could have just had him spam the 50% damage reduction and coasted through the fight.

That seems to be how it is supposed to be. Although, I can't find anything official on it or what is in the works. Some of this seems fairly impromptu.

I don't think that's true. I think you just needed to have cleared all 10 levels of Xenon's dungeon to unlock Estia's dungeon, and then you can get the drop, even if you didn't get Xenon. Although some people are speculating that you might need both in order to get whatever's coming next, which hasn't been released yet. Either way, like you said, I don't think there's anythingo fficial on it.

Phades

I get the logic behind the story telling aspect of what is being put forward (as hollow as the story is), in that you need the main "characters" for the plot to move forward.

It just makes for a crap mechanic given the current implementation, if true. It makes for an even crappier information distribution on "how to play the game right", since there has been zero indication either way aside from the initial "clear this dungeon to earn a new one". Although that follows more to the logic of their map quest system.

With how the encounters were setup, it felt a lot more like the frontier hunter battles. Almost like they were more designed to data mine units and how people used them/success rate over time (ability to record and share already exists with the title for the end user, so by extention the developer would have had something in place to track such things long before that). If this is true, they are using us to test, but I don't see why since we aren't further along than the JP version of the game anyhow and all of this would have already been done prior to the global version's release.

Shouta

I have so many units I have to evolve that I'm just using gems today to run the upgrade materials dungeon, lol. I've got like almost enough for teams of each element other than Dark. D=

Kreed

I don't think that's true. I think you just needed to have cleared all 10 levels of Xenon's dungeon to unlock Estia's dungeon, and then you can get the drop, even if you didn't get Xenon. Although some people are speculating that you might need both in order to get whatever's coming next, which hasn't been released yet. Either way, like you said, I don't think there's anythingo fficial on it.

Right, you needed to clear all 10 levels of Xenon's tower to have unlocked Estia's tower, but you don't have to get Xenon to get Estia's tower. However you will need to capture both for "future events" according to what Gumi posted on their facebook page:

- Due to popular demand, Unholy Tower Floors 1-100 will be extended until June 19, 22:59 PST!
- Rewards will be given on completion of the selected floors
Floors 121-130 : One Metal God
Floors 141-150 : One Gem
Floors 161-170 : One Light God
Floors 191-200 : One Gem
- TIP: Capture Xenon & Estia to unlock future events!

https://www.facebook.com/BraveFrontierGlobal/posts/345846795540467

Besides that, there's no other official info.

Shouta

Argh, been grinding the last few days to get a water idol in St Lamia but haven't gotten one at all. I hate missing the Tuesday dungeon. Need a LightningThunder pot too.

Phades

There really is no good way of farming idols or pots outside of the tuesday event unfortunately. Grabbing an earlier post of mine.

For St. Lamia? Well, I'm glad you have had good luck. I did over 30 runs through the volcano there on the final stage, over 20 runs on the next to final stage, and 20~30 runs on the 2nd stage. I saw a fire idol collectively 5 times. I captured it once. Although I did see zegar about 10-12 times capturing him 3 times... So yeah, tuesday is far better where I could run it 8-10 times in a day and probably get 1 idol I'm looking for and about 10-20 that I'm not looking for.

It is just painful. I swear I recal coming across idols on amdhal, but I can't remember or find information supporting that at all. Cordelica can spawn idols, but they aren't fixed like st lamia. Hopefully whatever map you are farming has item drops that are useful to you, so that it doesn't feel like a total waste of time while you are doing it and not getting the idol drops you want. I know encervis and lizera maps can spawn pots, but I haven't read about anyone capping one yet. It almost seems like you have better odds at randomly pulling one out of the honor summons.

Phades

Is it more comparable to nymphs or spirits in mistral in terms of capture versus appearance?

Both are preferable to idols in st lamia, but I'm just trying to find which stick to measure by.

Is it more comparable to nymphs or spirits in mistral in terms of capture versus appearance?

Both are preferable to idols in st lamia, but I'm just trying to find which stick to measure by.

More like spirits, definitely not like nymphs. Maybe a little less than spirits, I'm not sure. But basically if you do every quest from Lizeria, you'll probably end up with 3 or 4 pots of some color or another, just to give you an idea.

So, what kind of team is everyone running?

I have (3) teams I use and/or working on.

Main Team: 6* Felneus, 2x 5* Serin & 2x 6* Douglas with all 6* having SBB lvl 5+.

Mono Dark: 6* Magress, 2x 5* Kikuri, 5* Lico & 6* Altri with all 6* having SBB lvl 2+.
Crit Squad: 4* Zebra, 5* Michele, 4* Dilma, 4* Logan & 5* Aisha. Needs Aisha 6* to work or a lucky Rashil and/or Dual GX pull.

I have 3 teams as well(leader first).

Magress, Alice, Kikuri x3 - Pretty self explanatory.

Felneus, Douglas (x2), Serin, Tree - The Tree uses Refined gem. I main the Tree in this party because statuses are about the only thing out there that kill endless BB spam.

Michele, Alice, Douglas, Felneus, Rashil - Just because I like the concept of the Rainbow team.

I just got my second Douglas up there this week. I mix and match units on occasion for special targets, in addition to the above I have Karl, Seria, Elimo, a 4th Kikuri, Lancia, and 2 more Trees. Having 3 trees each with a Refined Gem is pretty much how I beat Karl without any Thunder units.

Sefia, Melchio, Hail Bot Reeze, War Captain Mega, God Blade Mifune = arena team
Sefia, Melchio, Hail Bot Reeze, War Captain Mega, God Blade Mifune, some 3 star healer = adventure team

I just started 2 months ago so but my main unit is all max lvl, now working to get them to 5 stars. I need to roll a healer badly though.

BTW does anyone wanna add me? I gift daily and looking for people who do the same.
Friend ID: 2063451456 = Global
Friend ID: 88431217 = JP

Lockon

I'm glad they bring Keymaster back because I just got him on level 2 first time this round and he's an anima type to boot!

Shouta

I did Metal Parade just now and I got 2 Thunder Crystals and a Dark Crystal in the runs, lol. I also had a Thunder Crystal I've been sitting on to max out one of my 6-star thunder units too.

I guess struggling to get those evolution items paid off.

Phades

More like spirits, definitely not like nymphs. Maybe a little less than spirits, I'm not sure. But basically if you do every quest from Lizeria, you'll probably end up with 3 or 4 pots of some color or another, just to give you an idea.

Are the appearances/captures more frequent on the boss level? I haven't seen any pots yet in Lizera though. I could really use a firepot prior to tuesday...

So, what kind of team is everyone running?

I have (3) teams I use and/or working on.

Main Team: 6* Felneus, 2x 5* Serin & 2x 6* Douglas with all 6* having SBB lvl 5+.

Mono Dark: 6* Magress, 2x 5* Kikuri, 5* Lico & 6* Altri with all 6* having SBB lvl 2+.
Crit Squad: 4* Zebra, 5* Michele, 4* Dilma, 4* Logan & 5* Aisha. Needs Aisha 6* to work or a lucky Rashil and/or Dual GX pull.

Currently my main is Vargas, Lava, Lancia, Cayena, Vishnu.
Alt to that to be more tanky Vargas, Lava, Phoenix, Meltia, Lancia. And bring a Seria for support.

Farm group Leon, Cayena, Stya, Michelle, Leore. Mainly to get max zel return on sparks as those are my easiest characters to spark with together. I bring along theif gloves/braces, zel rings for good measure, but it is a little sad to see Jewel gods (outside of the vault) cap out at 5k, while kings cap at 3, and regular jewel spirits cap at 1k.

I'm still working on my lightning team for karl, which currently is Rahsil, Loch, Elulu, Weiss, and Fennia. They need to evolve 1 more step on a few of them still, so they are no where near ready.

Are the appearances/captures more frequent on the boss level? I haven't seen any pots yet in Lizera though. I could really use a firepot prior to tuesday...

I can't remember honestly. I cleared the first three areas of Lizeria right when it came out, and then stopped because it was getting difficult. But I just remember that during all that time, I think I got about 3 pots. I don't remember what level I got them on or anything though.

Phades

Oh well, I was hoping I could focus on 1-2 maps specifically. Probably have to wait till tuesday and not get the drop again. le sigh. I really don't have room at all, so if I don't get the drop, the week is going to be wasted more or less collection/advancement wise for me.

Also, I just got done reading about Trial .003 Maxwell. Lol, this game from a design outlook isn't a treadmill or even inflation. It is more like an elevator powered by a stairmaster going up the proposed phoenix towers in china. And of course the reward is a douglas/zebra/duel gx "guy" with 2k in all relevant stats basically.

Lol...

Some new units are out. I haven't been following the game much so i just went ahead and pulled a few. Got Sodis and Sigma in 5 pulls. Down to 14 gems remaining though, and i don't plan to buy more, so i guess no choice but to quit fairly soon. Was hoping to at least give Grah a shot, but we'll see.

RNGESUS looking out for me today, had 2 pulls and got 4* Lodis and Signas, extremely pleased. I don't know if I should try my luck and buy some gems and go for Farlon.

The funny thing is that i have never, ever gotten a Kikuri. Im pretty sure that it is the only unit out of the entire game ive never gotten. Pulled every other unit at least 3 times.

Draxal

This is the lunaris tier fwiw of Laris as I think they call her.

Edit. I took a sabbatical as bb grinding and reg leveling is just not fun.

Lan_97

I feel like I might skip this tier altogether. Maybe I'm missing something, but none of the units (6*) look particularly compelling. I might just drop a chunk of my free gems into unit/item space (currently at 330/200).

Kreed

So, the new units end up being really good with their 6* form? They seem rather uninspiring at present.

That's correct (Lunaris for example gets 65% attack for dark units as her leader skill), although some of them are decent at present for different reasons. For example Faron functions like Lira because of his BB gauge filling at the same rate.

The existence of Serin and Cayena IMO really lowers the value of people like Lira and Farlon.

Lira's entire point of existence was to be able to fill BB super-fast, and she got beat to the punch by these global units. And unlike Lira or Farlon, they have lots of hits so they don't hurt crystal generation.

I got SBB unlocked for my second Douglas. Let the exploiting begin.

Phades

Eploiter! Think of all the small pixles harmed...

Although it does make me wonder if more "retaliation" style skills and effects are going to make it into the game in one form or another where number of hits = scaling effect in return in order to try and reign in balance against that core mechanic hits->sparks->damage/crystals/items/etc.

Kreed

The existence of Serin and Cayena IMO really lowers the value of people like Lira and Farlon.

Lira's entire point of existence was to be able to fill BB super-fast, and she got beat to the punch by these global units. And unlike Lira or Farlon, they have lots of hits so they don't hurt crystal generation.

I got SBB unlocked for my second Douglas. Let the exploiting begin.

Quick BB fill units like Lira and Faron are more beneficial in the Arena where quickly activating your BB skill is important (Lira and Lilith have saved me against surprise Kiriki/Serin teams a couple of times now).

Top Bottom