• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

Phades

Can't break the top 1000. It is too hard to determine who is worth fighting anymore. I have 120 wins 40 losses (roughly mirrors my regular arena %). I go and fight someone who has more than 190 wins and less than 20 losses... His score? 5k lower than my overall score.

Lol, oh well. I tried. I lost out about 15 or so orbs worth of attempts as well due to server nonsense (not sure that it would have mattered, since a 10pt win doesn't really move the rank at all). Shame they couldn't condense all that silliness while I was asleep on the first two days.

Curse you summon ticket and fire bulb! How you taunt me so.

With my last gems from some dungeons, I got the tree, but his type is oracle. Would have preferred Anima or Guardian. Hoping for Elimo, but I guess that'll have to be another time.

Struggling to just get celebrated rank. No way I'm gonna hit worshipped.

I still need my dark pots and dark idols for Lunaris for weeks. I don't want to wait months to evolve her.

Lan_97

Overall this was a pretty good event (as far as global goes), mainly since it follows FH with milestone rewards and separate orbs. VP is pretty much garbage.

Though building up a fire team took up a ton of resources. I'm looking forward to a water arena where my team is already done. Now I'm back to prepping my team for the next FH. I need to get 6* Elimo/SGX to sbb and then start on Melchio.

Draxal

Arena is good and bad.

I like how its utterly short compared to the pve snoozefests.

However, losing matches when your teams fails to bb 4 times in a row, and you get killed by 3 bbs in a row by the opposing team is ....

Mind, you this has also happened the other way around where the opposing team didn't get their bb off.

I liked this arena compared to normal arena as more units were viable in this one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
With my last gems from some dungeons, I got the tree, but his type is oracle. Would have preferred Anima or Guardian. Hoping for Elimo, but I guess that'll have to be another time.

Struggling to just get celebrated rank. No way I'm gonna hit worshipped.

I still need my dark pots and dark idols for Lunaris for weeks. I don't want to wait months to evolve her.

I never want to say "ignore typing", but the differences really are overblown. I've been using a breaker tree since forever, for all content.

I really liked the fire arena event. Not fighting 4 serins was a refreshing change of pace and I got to use units I otherwise would never have used. I hope anything but water is next.

Phades

Arena is good and bad.

I like how its utterly short compared to the pve snoozefests.

However, losing matches when your teams fails to bb 4 times in a row, and you get killed by 3 bbs in a row by the opposing team is ....

Mind, you this has also happened the other way around where the opposing team didn't get their bb off.

I liked this arena compared to normal arena as more units were viable in this one.
I'd argue less units were viable, since the pool was smaller and the optimal combinations are fewer. I was still seeing BB getting released on 2nd turn, like normal arena. 2-3 units getting killed off on the first round, etc. The units to bring were basically Farlon, Cayena, and Aisha.

I think the concept of Arena is ok. I'd just prefer a different implementation where endurance actually matters at all, which would force a few more units into play. If ~2300 rank is the best I can come up with on the team I used for basically everything so far, the other elemental typing arenas are going to be much more of a struggle for me.

I never want to say "ignore typing", but the differences really are overblown. I've been using a breaker tree since forever, for all content.
I agree to a degree about typing. My anima Vishra outclasses my Oracle Lava and he is only 5* to her 6*. However, in the instance of healers, well there isn't any alternative so you have to take what you can get there really. I'd have taken a breaker or oracle tree or elimo in a heartbeat and would use those over lancia for just about any team including mono fire (unless going against fire or lightning for obvious reasons).

I really liked the fire arena event. Not fighting 4 serins was a refreshing change of pace and I got to use units I otherwise would never have used. I hope anything but water is next.
Lightning would be interesting to go to next. Earth will be ophelia/douglass instead of farlon/cayena all over the place. Water will just be serin, serin everywhere... Light and dark will be fairly meh as well. Given my recent pulls out of the rare summons, I'd almost be expecting the light arena to be next.

commish

I'd argue less units were viable, since the pool was smaller and the optimal combinations are fewer. I was still seeing BB getting released on 2nd turn, like normal arena. 2-3 units getting killed off on the first round, etc. The units to bring were basically Farlon, Cayena, and Aisha.

I think the concept of Arena is ok. I'd just prefer a different implementation where endurance actually matters at all, which would force a few more units into play. If ~2300 rank is the best I can come up with on the team I used for basically everything so far, the other elemental typing arenas are going to be much more of a struggle for me.

Unless you gem, I think you can forget about every breaking into the top 1000. I pretty much stopped doing the inferno once I reached 15000.

Phades

Unless you gem, I think you can forget about every breaking into the top 1000. I pretty much stopped doing the inferno once I reached 15000.

Most people stopped at 1500 and had really weird records as a result of it making finding a worthwhile opponent who wasn't listed as the top 30 (who were top 30 for a reason beyond gemming) was really hard and that was more my limiting factor in conjuction with server issues and normal arena "shenanigans".

commish

Most people stopped at 1500 and had really weird records as a result of it making finding a worthwhile opponent who wasn't listed as the top 30 (who were top 30 for a reason beyond gemming) was really hard and that was more my limiting factor in conjuction with server issues and normal arena "shenanigans".

Yeah, I agree with this. Really hard to find anyone that has a significant amount of points more than me. Most of my wins post 15000 were for under 100 points.

I'm all for a white or lightning arena vortex next. I have a decent lightning team because of Karl, but my white team is not much outside of Sefia and Melchio. And by not much outside of them, I mean, I don't have another white unit above 4 star other than X&E and Keymaster.

I haven't gemmed yet and am right at top 1000, and was as high as the mid-400s yesterday (then I went to sleep).

Finding guys to fight ahead of you is actually really easy, I just find people who have 50+ more wins than I do (without a ridiculous number of losses, my mind boggles at the 212-235 guy I saw).

And they clearly relaxed the range restriction for the event too, I've found people 6k+ ahead of me, and even though I'm nearing 25000 points I still regularly get offered Exalted people to fight.

I would assume that Water will be next since the quest regions always go Fire->Water->Earth->Thunder->Light->Dark->Rainbow

Water will be exceedingly boring. Felneus + 4x Serin teams will dominate.

Saying Earth will just be Douglas + Ophelia is kind of weird, because Douglas, in spite of his crystal gen, is a lousy arena unit, with his crappy BB, and how rare SBBs are to use.

Thunder will be the opposite of a BB fest, you'll be lucky to ever see a BB. I predict Eze(x5) teams (or maybe newer units) to dominate.

Light will be Sefia x5.

Dark has a load of actual useful units, Dark might actually be the most interesting line-up of all.

Draxal

Dark will just be Six Star Kik lead and four Liras as subs.

As for earth I'm expecting a ton of Douglases because what other earth unit do people bother to level besides Lugina.

commish

Not everyone has 5 Sefias and 5 Kiks. The thing with fire and water is that Cayena and Serin were easily farmable, so everyone has multiples.

Draxal

I think light would use Sodis or Alyut over Sefia as the subs. Sefias bb takes a long time to charge.

She is the best leader though.

Kreed

Managed to get to Worshipped, no thanks to Phoenix being the biggest load of dead weight ever (somehow every match it was 50/50 for either him or Farlon getting their BB up first). Hopefully I can break into the 10000 rank before the contest ends.

Light will be Sefia x5.

Dark has a load of actual useful units, Dark might actually be the most interesting line-up of all.

I'd be surprised if we get dark and light arenas since we already got Xenon and Estia.

Dark will just be Six Star Kik lead and four Liras as subs.

I'm not sure, Lira has so few hits that this party would practically cripple crystal generation. If you start using spheres to compensate your damage goes way down and you need more BBs.

Add in that dark is the king of Curse statuses and I don't think this is as clear as you are making it seem.

Phades

Finding guys to fight ahead of you is actually really easy, I just find people who have 50+ more wins than I do (without a ridiculous number of losses, my mind boggles at the 212-235 guy I saw).
I've hit guys 50+ wins ahead of me, fewer losses and 5k behind me in points. The W/L record doesn't tell the whole story for me. The relaxed point ranges have made it more frustrating as well having to refresh so damn much to get a good match and then randomly hit someone that seems like a decent target only to realize its one of the top 30 wicked blade using fellows (I'm assuming that's what happened due to the multi buff icon and 1 shotting people...).

I agree that water will be exceedingly booring, while light and dark will just be replications of what exist in arena already. Dark only? Lol troll grah, troll grah teams everywhere... Eze only for arena seems like a gamble though given how tissue he is, but arena is all about the offense, so I'm not certain.

You will occasionally find the guy with tons of wins but way behind you, but it's not that common. Just hope that isn't the one you decide to lose. On the other hand when you see the random dude with 700 wins, that guy's not going to be behind you. :)

Dark/Light doesn't seem to be the normal Arena anymore...

The normal Arena is dominated by Felneus/Serin/Cayena teams and by Rainbow teams, at least at my level.

Felneus and Lodin/Lilith are like the only leads I ever see.

Phades

You will occasionally find the guy with tons of wins but way behind you, but it's not that common. Just hope that isn't the one you decide to lose. On the other hand when you see the random dude with 700 wins, that guy's not going to be behind you. :)

Dark/Light doesn't seem to be the normal Arena anymore...

The normal Arena is dominated by Felneus/Serin/Cayena teams and by Rainbow teams, at least at my level.

Felneus and Lodin/Lilith are like the only leads I ever see.

I've eaten ~160pt losses today because of crap like I described. I'll comfortably be sub 2k rank, but no more than that is possible due to time limits and other factors.

I've never encountered the 700+ wins dude. Most I hit so far is above 400, but that was yesterday early in the morning.

It isn't normal arena anymore, I was just likening it to arena builds that have occurred. I wasn't specfic enough unfortunately.

You are about ~5 ranks above me I'm guessing since I should hit cheribum later tonight. The lodin teams don't bother me assuming they aren't sporting karl/serin. I simply don't fight kagastuchi/felenus at all though given the ability to focus cayena/serin/kikuri (i got issues with heavy biased ones of her). Grah is the same mixed bag. Of which, I'm fairly positive is heavily populated by folks with ~300 unit inventory space who collect evo mats and crystals for the unit they will focus on next rather than needing to level up something now and is about the furthest of how i'd describe F2P folks go about their day to day routines.

I couldn't pull a lodin the other week, so I'll never be one of those I guess. For whatever reason though, the game keeps throwing at me michelles and gxs though. /shrug

All it means is i'll end up going another 2 months of saving up gems before I try to get anything specific (hopefully around the time when tesla drops his 6* form).

Draxal

I'm not sure, Lira has so few hits that this party would practically cripple crystal generation. If you start using spheres to compensate your damage goes way down and you need more BBs.

Add in that dark is the king of Curse statuses and I don't think this is as clear as you are making it seem.

Well it depends if we're getting six star Lira by then. With Kik as lead, you'll usually get two to three liras with a full bb by turn two 2 while using angelic foils.

Phades

Major update today if you guys didn't notice, which includes a lot of things including dia's batch and the vargas dungeon apparently. I was reading that they are locked to their 5* forms as well, which may be a valid concern for the impending FH.

I'm just happy that we got more cost points to play with and the ability to harvest gold drops out of the town's river.

Well it depends if we're getting six star Lira by then. With Kik as lead, you'll usually get two to three liras with a full bb by turn two 2 while using angelic foils.

Well, this isn't my experience at all with Falron when I tried to incorporate those into my BB team.

Maybe I just have really bad luck.

Didn't expect FH until this weekend. Getting SSS rank with my rainbow team lol. Almost have a complete spark team and getting SSS rank on the middle dungeon. Gotta do middle again for the refined gem. I was so close. Lets see how many points I can get on the End. Couldn't finish it at the previous frontier hunter. Didn't realize it has a terminus one.

commish

Terminus beat the crap out of me. My entire team of six stars were at full health with the defensive buff up. And then all but 2 were dead after the first attack. Guess I can't spam bb them as easily as I can on End.

It's just Kik six star >>>>> Lava Six star; she has a mini Felneus leader ability while Lava had the mini Aem ability.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The leader I have for my BB Arena party is Felneus.

My BB Arena party is Felneus 2xKikuri Serin Karl. When I tried to swap out 2 Kikuri for 2 Falron the rate of 2nd turn BBs I had went way down.

You are right that 6* Liras probably makes a difference though.

Phades

Terminus beat the crap out of me. My entire team of six stars were at full health with the defensive buff up. And then all but 2 were dead after the first attack. Guess I can't spam bb them as easily as I can on End.

Terminus is the benchmark for the new difficult content ahead of us more or less where defensive teams are king supposadly. If I am to believe everything I read, Tesla, Elimo and to a lesser degree Edea end up being somewhat mandatory unit choices due to the damage reduction buff.

commish

Terminus is the benchmark for the new difficult content ahead of us more or less where defensive teams are king supposadly. If I am to believe everything I read, Tesla, Elimo and to a lesser degree Edea end up being somewhat mandatory unit choices due to the damage reduction buff.

Learned that the hard way :) I will run with a better set-up as soon as my orbs regenerate. Gonna go with a GX/Melch/Michele/Elimo team, with... not sure as leaders.

Draxal

No elimo, but you need tesla. (elimo's just a way weaker version of tesla).

Lan_97

Got destroyed my first attempt at Terminus on stage 2 with a Grah friend. Tried again with a Felneus friend and cleared Terminus with 1.7mil. Pretty much used the same team I used for FH4.

Grah (Lead)
Douglas x3
SGX
Felneus (Friend)

Protector Set

Phades

Well hell. That doesn't seem like it would be that hard then since you didn't even have a healer.

Are there "gotcha" enemies (where they pretty much just wreck you no matter what) in terminus like what we had before for end and mid?

commish

Well hell. That doesn't seem like it would be that hard then since you didn't even have a healer.

Are there "gotcha" enemies (where they pretty much just wreck you no matter what) in terminus like what we had before for end and mid?

I've been reading up on other boards and it seems that there are definitely some gotcha enemies. Have faith in RNG I guess.

Lan_97

Terminus waves are set, so you wont run into that random hard wave. However, everyone hits very hard so there's always a chance you run into a bad string of attacks.

At least for my run, maintaining bb is very important, as that is also your healing. Elixer/flute when necessary to keep up health and bb. Def potion for all waves but the crystal.

Terminus is just boring. You can make these things challenging without making them last so many turns via stupid high health.

*EDIT* I used 4 Douglas, Felneus, Elimo.

Lorand sucked but the rest didn't seem so bad. Could definitely be luck related though, I had a lot of near-death experiences..

Well, I got wrecked by Seria and Karl at the End. Insane buffs and huge amount of aoe bb. Got Karl down to 20% before my group got wiped. Manage to get an S rank at least. Why can't it be an easier last boss lol?

Ran Terminus again but swapped out a Douglas leader for a Grah leader.

It was almost trivial after that.

I think that's the last time I'll run it though. I really don't care about HR rank now that they've capped it at 21...I'll get to 21 next FH, and not this one, no matter what I do. And I got all individual rewards.

Ahh...freedom! :)

Lan_97

Didn't realize moody crystal could attack on turn 3, definitely a run killer. Also, I'm not sure if I should run Terminus or End for the rest of FH, Terminus just takes so long to complete.

Phades

Ran Terminus again but swapped out a Douglas leader for a Grah leader.

It was almost trivial after that.

I think that's the last time I'll run it though. I really don't care about HR rank now that they've capped it at 21...I'll get to 21 next FH, and not this one, no matter what I do. And I got all individual rewards.

Ahh...freedom! :)

Lol, that must feel good. Still, the regular runs through it do put out a decent amount of zel and karma, if you still use those mundande things. :p

Lol, that must feel good. Still, the regular runs through it do put out a decent amount of zel and karma, if you still use those mundande things. :p

I'll still get my Zel and Karma but will do so on end, since they cap them at a level that Terminus doesn't benefit them.

blackflag

I got everything with

Felneus SBB Lead
Michelle SBB
Dougy SBB
Tesla
Melchio SBB
Lodin SBB Friend

Gonna run end for service points. I don't think it's worth it for me on Terminus. Takes awhile.

Top Bottom