• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Koppai

I hope UPS shows up before 8pm -_-

Residential usually gets their stuff last. :/

I canceled my CE for this game because I just have so much on my plate already and I think it was a joke of a CE. The only CE worth the price in my opinion was Ni No Kuni.

I will have to check this out later on when I have more free time.

Z3M0G

Downloaded it this morning. The first 15 minutes were pretty sweet. The opening town is beautiful. The VR thing didn't work too well... but cool nevertheless.

Hrm, Gamefly was showing this as releasing today... until today, where it now says tomorrow.

Since they closed the Austin shipping center, everything takes 3 days to get to me now in New Orleans since it's coming from Tampa. Shipping on a Saturday means I won't get this until Wednesday probably. Bleh.

I canceled my CE for this game because I just have so much on my plate already and I think it was a joke of a CE. The only CE worth the price in my opinion was Ni No Kuni.

So far for me they came before 2 to catch up on those snow days

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Played the first half an hour, pretty great. You kinda have to go hard for the opening sections not to be a pushover, though.
Not entirely sure what Sergeant Hatred is doing in a JRPG.

10 bucks more and you get a small soundtrack cd, cards, artbook, and a box. Not sure what you were really expecting.

mauaus

Gonna start this today hoping i can get some villagers!!

3DS Friend Code:
3754 8161 4423

Let me know so i can add you too!

Shengar

Should I play the demo before playing the game?

If you know what you expect from the game, you should jumped straight to the full version. The demo bonus isn't a big deal, and perhaps you can make similar result with the same amount of time in the main game.

Soul Beat

Super excited for it!

All I know is that Gamestop better have my reserve CE copy today or I'll leave no magazine rack unknocked. (That's a word, right?)

Out for delivery with UPS, heck yes! Hope I don't forget to put my 3DS on the charger on my lunch break, so I'll be ready to play when I get off work this evening.

May16

All I know is that Gamestop better have my reserve CE copy today or I'll leave no magazine rack unknocked. (That's a word, right?)

My dictionary has it has unknockedover.

But either way, if they don't have it, you better make them face up to the unfaceuptoable.

Dragner

Oh man, Utsusemi is RIDICULOUS. Went "fuck managing resistances" in the
6 dragon fights for the vampire quest
and I'm just currently running through them solo with just edea.

I found stillness more ridiculous. Probably because is on a job that has a lot of OP habilities like enigma or fairy tail.

Ryuukan

Just picked up my preorder from Gamestop. Guy told me they didnt get any CEs yet and not enough copies for all their preorders.

Maybesew

Got things fired up last night and off to a good start. 20 villagers carried over, plus I picked up 4 more last night and 3 more this morning for a total of 27. The village is more complex with different shops.

I definitely don't understand how sleep points work so I'll just let them accumulate for now

so what are the ways to get villagers in the main game?

Is it more of a pain than doing that trick in the demo to get 20 real easily?

zroid

Banned
I definitely don't understand how sleep points work so I'll just let them accumulate for now

unless you're planning on using the Bravely Second mechanic, I think you can safely ignore SP. It was tacked on so you shouldn't feel like you need to use it at any point in the game.

georly

If you know what you expect from the game, you should jumped straight to the full version. The demo bonus isn't a big deal, and perhaps you can make similar result with the same amount of time in the main game.

Ok, i played a bit of the demo, but didn't finish it (i defeated the turtle monster last). Do I get something for just playing the demo, or is it only for finishing the demo? What do I get exactly. I wasn't planning on buying the game, but as I went on the eshop to get RCR, i saw it said 'Available at midnight!' and some part of my stupid brain triggered and said 'oh my god i have to download it at midnight.' Then I fell asleep while it was still downloading.

Ok, i played a bit of the demo, but didn't finish it (i defeated the turtle monster last). Do I get something for just playing the demo, or is it only for finishing the demo? What do I get exactly. I wasn't planning on buying the game, but as I went on the eshop to get RCR, i saw it said 'Available at midnight!' and some part of my stupid brain triggered and said 'oh my god i have to download it at midnight.' Then I fell asleep while it was still downloading.

in the demo next to the inn there is a guy that will tell you what you have unlocked. You unlock things from defeating bosses and doing quests if you beat the turtle I am pretty sure you unlocked a few things already. Also you can bring over 20 villagers. I don't see why you would need to keep playing the demo if you have the full game now.

duckroll

What about the villager exploit? Thats a good reason useless you can do it in the full game as well, right? I think someone said that they carry over to the full version of the game.

The full game supports internet friends, so it's not really that big of a deal. If everyone on your friend list is playing BD, you'll get a bunch of villagers quickly anyway.

The full game supports internet friends, so it's not really that big of a deal. If everyone on your friend list is playing BD, you'll get a bunch of villagers quickly anyway.

Wait, having friends with the game boosts the villager count via the network updates? I thought the game just gave you artificial villagers per day for doing that?

pariah164

80 minutes till my GameStop opens...

FoiToaZ.gif

Blizzard

Banned
If you don't have, or choose not to have, any friends, is there still a way to get villagers (and/or a way to get villagers without taking weeks)?

Bought the CE. Don't have a 3DS. Thinking about getting a 2DS for this. Any impressions for non-3D gameplay? I might eventually pick up Fire Emblem.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Stores open in ten minutes, but I should probably go for a run first. Then I can just waste the whole day playing this game.

Then do it again tomorrow and Sunday.

Soul Beat

But either way, if they don't have it, you better make them face up to the unfaceuptoable.
They will know my name by the time I'm done with them.

Alright guys...It's almost that time. I have 4 days off coming up so I'd really like to spend that time playing the game. So, in the eventuality that they do not have my CE, should I just ditch it and get a regular copy? =/ I can't decide on my own, help me GAF.

Pre-ordered the CE from amazon and doesn't look like it'll be arriving until Monday. What happened to release day delivery?

Did you choose 2 day delivery at least? For some reason, Amazon has a glitch in the system sometimes where the delivery date is wrong, so you have to redo your payment or shipping choices and it'll fix itself. Mine originally said delivery was Feb 11th, but I re-entered my payment info and it changed to Feb 7th.

Just picked up my copy at GameStop. I asked how many they got in and they guy said they got 9 Collector Editions with 0 extra, and 16 regular editions with 2 extra. So pretty much they got enough to cover preorders.

So good luck to anyone hoping to pick up a CE. It looks nice too, definitely glad I got it!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I didn't preorder and I'm kinda over paying extra for collectors. That being said this thread told me it was in low quantities and mostly preorders so I took an early break today to run to Gamestop when it opened.

Gamestop dude was like we got 1 regular copy that's not for preorder (still sealed). I was like yeah I want it. Dude was cool and was like man everyone else who didn't preorder is gonna be pissed today. LOL

Glad I snagged my copy while I could!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Did you choose 2 day delivery at least? For some reason, Amazon has a glitch in the system sometimes where the delivery date is wrong, so you have to redo your payment or shipping choices and it'll fix itself. Mine originally said delivery was Feb 11th, but I re-entered my payment info and it changed to Feb 7th.

Yeah 2 day delivery with my prime account. It's coming USPS so I suppose there is a chance it arrives tomorrow (saturday). Oh well.

daveo42

Banned
Yeah 2 day delivery with my prime account. It's coming USPS so I suppose there is a chance it arrives tomorrow (saturday). Oh well.

Amazon also oversold their preorder amount by a fair amount and had supply issues, meaning some were sent out early enough for day one delivery while those who preordered later had to wait the extra time.

I didn't preorder and I'm kinda over paying extra for collectors. That being said this thread told me it was in low quantities and mostly preorders so I took an early break today to run to Gamestop when it opened.

Gamestop dude was like we got 1 regular copy that's not for preorder (still sealed). I was like yeah I want it. Dude was cool and was like man everyone else who didn't preorder is gonna be pissed today. LOL

Glad I snagged my copy while I could!

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
There will be plenty of copies at Walmart, Target and Best Buy.

Zing

Banned
Every Best Buy near me is showing as in stock. I was going to head there at opening but just decided to reserve and pick up after lunch.

I'm not sure why GameStop has the self-defeating understock policy. It seems they intentionally wish to punish people for not preordering. There are probably at least two stores within eyesight that have every game they "sell out" in stock.

Top Bottom