• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

Is anyone else getting the error code 007-2100 when trying to connect to the eShop? I'm wondering if the eShop is just getting hammered right now which is preventing me from connecting, or if I have an issue on my 3DS.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Played for a bit and what a nostalgic rush so far. It brings back that feeling I had, back in the day when I plugged a SNES cart into my console, or put a new fresh disc into my PSX. You know? That old console RPG feel of gaping into a brand new menu screen for the first time. Of running outside the first town, while coming to grips with a new battle system. Of that first sleep at the inn, with a new jingle to remember...I don't hate modern RPGs far from it (metric tons of outstanding games in the bunch), but it's very rare to return to that classical...feel. And this is certainly it.

oakenhild

Download complete. My first full-retail eshop purchase. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I have a feeling Bravely Default will have a solid resale value in a couple of years, but maybe not with how popular it is right now. Being able to play it without swapping carts should be convenient.

Looking forward to some free time to play it today.

mauaus

Download complete. My first full-retail eshop purchase. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I have a feeling Bravely Default will have a solid resale value in a couple of years, but maybe not with how popular it is right now. Being able to play it without swapping carts should be convenient.

Looking forward to some free time to play it today.

Felt like my DL took forever, what was the download size, dont know what blocks mean haha

TheFrza

Is there any reason to get this physical over digital? I am torn. On one hand, not needing to change out the cartridge is nice, but on the other, I don't know what comes in the box. Is there anything I would want, like I nice booklet? (unusual these days, I know)

Is there any reason to get this physical over digital? I am torn. On one hand, not needing to change out the cartridge is nice, but on the other, I don't know what comes in the box. Is there anything I would want, like I nice booklet? (unusual these days, I know)

If you're not getting the CE, it's more deciding if you have enough free space on your memory cards and are willing to use up the space. I didn't upgrade the card so I always get physical.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

If you look at the pics I posted a page back you'll see what the inside of the physical copy looks like. Book is nice in that it isn't just like 2 pages.

I'll try to get my copy when i walk into the store today even though i didn't preorder the game. I hope there's enough copies for me to snag up one.

TheFrza

If you look at the pics I posted a page back you'll see what the inside of the physical copy looks like. Book is nice in that it isn't just like 2 pages.

If you're not getting the CE, it's more deciding if you have enough free space on your memory cards and are willing to use up the space. I didn't upgrade the card so I always get physical.

Thanks. I guess that decides it, digital it is.

rugioh

Banned
I've found that if you don't preorder you ain't getting one at launch. Basically the number of preorders is generally the amount they get shipped in at first.

I'm starting to panic because I thought I could just stroll in and pick up a regular copy and I don't get off work till 3pm... Is it possible to call them and tell them to hold a copy on day of release or is it too late? Am I screwed?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm starting to panic because I thought I could just stroll in and pick up a regular copy and I don't get off work till 3pm... Is it possible to call them and tell them to hold a copy on day of release or is it too late? Am I screwed?

I dunno but if the regular copies sell out they'll probably have to wait for their next shipment. I've always preordered especially in the cases of games like Pokemon to guarantee I'll have a copy to pick up.

This is one of the reasons a eshop release is beneficial in the case of shortages.

I just hope the fact a preordered a CE months ago means I'll be getting one.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

You'll be able to buy it from literally every other store that sells games. There is no reason to panic.

Animekatt

Finally got my CE from Best Buy. They had 6 total, with 2 being out on the floor. They also had 2 regular copies.

Its not showing up in stock at bestbuy, and target is saying they don't sell it in stores on their website :(

I would still call around. I saw 2 on the floor, but when I checked the website, it was saying unavailable.

Tiu Neo

Hyped since the demo, it't finally here!

Bought it on eshop this morning, and left it downloading at home. Holy fuck, this game is BIG.

Artorias

Banned
Just waiting for my CE to arrive, but I'm not certain I'll be starting it yet. I try to do one JRPG at a time, and I am already kinda playing two, but mostly I've been playing with my Game Boy Color for the last two weeks.

Anyway, I'm really happy this came to the US.

Gamestop is notorious for extremely conservative orders on games they consider to be "niche" products. So basically that covers every handheld RPG, even if it's a first party Nintendo title. Stores will usually get one spare, non-preorder, copy but rarely anything more. So if you to shop with them, just make a pre-order.

Target, Walmart & Best Buy are better bets if you're looking for a copy today. But still, I'd try to pick up a copy as early as possible.

Phatmac

Gonna go check if the local gamestop has it. I didn't pre order it since I don't do that so let's hope there's a copy in there.

RDreamer

Other than the rare occasion that preorders get screwed up, this goes to show that you should always preorder the game.

Meh, fuck that. I shouldn't have to go into a goddamned store twice to get what I want. I don't have to preorder anything else. This just shows that Gamestop's business model is shit, because they lost a sale and I'll think twice before going there for a game on launch.

Just called my Gamestop, they have 1 copy for non preorders. Going to head out at 12 and hope I can grab it. There's a Wal Mart across the street, so that's my best bet if GS runs out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
GAF is a minority, but I do wonder what first month NPDs for this game will be.

Seems to have generated strong buzz.

Maedhros

Guys, I bought the collector's edition on Brazil. Pretty excited about this, I wanted a new RPG to play and this seems to be great.

Ugh. I wanna buy this but not yet...but I don't want this to be another Fire Emblem scenario where the game goes out of stock for a few weeks because so many people wanted it....>.>;

Looks like a few Best Buys nearish me have the CE too *drool*. Damn you GAF!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I bought a 3DS just so I could play this game. Honestly nothing else on the system coming out this year that I want to buy, it was just BD and the large backlog of games I've missed out on.

Hope it ends up being worth it.

Just called my Gamestop, they have 1 copy for non preorders. Going to head out at 12 and hope I can grab it. There's a Wal Mart across the street, so that's my best bet if GS runs out.
Or you can just go to the Walmart who should have a better chance of plenty of copies available.

My copy arrives on Tuesday, can't wait to play it.
Or you could have just gone to any store today and be playing it right now.

seinfeld_no_thanks.gif

I have next to no time to play this game and already have a huge back log of stuff to play...but damnit...I just know I'm going to buy it on the eshop when I get home tonight.

I have a 32 GB SD card, may as well fill 'er up...right? r..ig..ht?

Loved everything about the demo - but so bummed it's turn-based. I was hoping for real-time. :(
Don't worry, this will probably be the final turn based RPG from them ever made. SE chose to throw us old school RPG fans one last bone and I'm happy to chew on it.

georly

Kinda wish i had purchased retail, but i think i'm far more likely to complete it if it's always sitting on my home screen, regardless of other new releases. It's really the only way i would have finished fire emblem.

Top Bottom