• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default |OT| For the Americas

My CE is out for delivery, I can't fucking wait. Ofc Amazon sent it Fedex who they've never used for my house in the last 7 years so I have no idea what time it will come. =\

Tom_Cody

I am going to pick up the Collector's Edition from the Nintendo World store on my way home.

I have a busy night tonight but I want to play through at least enough to get Norende Village going as I have a lot of streetpasses from the demo. On that topic, how does the transfer over from the Demo work?
GAF is a minority, but I do wonder what first month NPDs for this game will be.

Seems to have generated strong buzz.
Spoiler: It won't chart.

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see how this does in the West. The Japanese sales are considered to be good-OK but they seem on the low side to me.

So I got my CE copy from Best Buy this morning, having it pre-ordered for In-Store pickup.

The good news is, I got the CE copy.

The bad news is, they put one of those huge In-Store Pickup stickers right on the front of the box, with no regard that this might be worth something someday. I got the sticker off in one piece, but it has left behind a residue imprint, and I have NO idea how to go about getting it off of the box. I tried lightly scratching at it, and even taking a paper towel with a little windex and lightly rubbing at it, and it's just...there. Top right corner. Always bugging me. Deflating any value. Ugh.

http://i.imgur.com/d5AFZVw.jpg

minty_jpg

Will read, always enjoy reading your writing sir.

come on guys! we need to make this series a huge success..

I suggested it to a friend who loves job systems and I texted him to remind him that the game comes out today.

Maybe we can do something as a community to spread the word on the social medias or something?

Animekatt

So I got my CE copy from Best Buy this morning, having it pre-ordered for In-Store pickup.

The bad news is, they put one of those huge In-Store Pickup stickers right on the front of the box, with no regard that this might be worth something someday. I got the sticker off in one piece, but it has left behind a residue imprint, and I have NO idea how to go about getting it off of the box. I tried lightly scratching at it, and even taking a paper towel with a little windex and lightly rubbing at it, and it's just...there. Top right corner. Always bugging me. Deflating any value. Ugh.

Same thing happened to me. Since I was the first to pick up my order, I just asked if I could swap it out for one that didn't have a sticker already.

http://i.minus.com/ibbPB8GNWLsJom.JPG

terrisus

GAF is a minority, but I do wonder what first month NPDs for this game will be.

Seems to have generated strong buzz.

Since NPD has featured combinations of games that have appeared across multiple platforms as one listing, the vast majority of their game charts have just been games which have appeared on multiple systems. It's a very, very rare game which appears on only one system which can crack that - Mario, Pokémon, and the like.

I'd say there's pretty much 0% chance of it appearing on the official NPD chart, with our only hope of any idea being creamsugar mentioning something.

terrisus

Found this on reddit

TDnYDsw.jpg

So.... do we need a friend code thread?

"Register your friends"
"No friends? Register your enemies"
"No friends nearby? Register friends from online"
"No friends either in person or online? Wow, sucks to be you"

IronRinn

Anyone else who ordered a CE from Amazon get theirs yet? They shipped mine in a fucking bubble mailer which is, you know, perfect for shipping an item packaged in cardboard.

Anyone else who ordered a CE from Amazon get theirs yet? They shipped mine in a fucking bubble mailer which is, you know, perfect for shipping an item packaged in cardboard.

fml. should have contacted them before to ship it in a bigger box (which they will)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I am going to pick up the Collector's Edition from the Nintendo World store on my way home.

I have a busy night tonight but I want to play through at least enough to get Norende Village going as I have a lot of streetpasses from the demo. On that topic, how does the transfer over from the Demo work?
Spoiler: It won't chart.

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see how this does in the West. The Japanese sales are considered to be good-OK but they seem on the low side to me.

Since NPD has featured combinations of games that have appeared across multiple platforms as one listing, the vast majority of their game charts have just been games which have appeared on multiple systems. It's a very, very rare game which appears on only one system which can crack that - Mario, Pokémon, and the like.

I'd say there's pretty much 0% chance of it appearing on the official NPD chart, with our only hope of any idea being creamsugar mentioning something.

I know it probably won't chart. Just figured NPDs would be the best chance we get sales data in general for the NA version.

Weiss

Banned
Been playing for about an hour and a half now and Ringabel's introduction had me ROFLing.

"Also... I am repulsed beyond words."

Well if you're going to open it to play then the resell value plummets anyways.

daveo42

Banned
Boo for bubble mailers. They are fine when shipping just the game, but anything cardboard has a good chance of getting crushed. Mine probably came in one too.

shit.. so the mailer was an amazon one right? I mean even though mine is fedex more then likely its coming in an envelope.

fuck me.

My Amazon CE just came from fedex, it was in a box, first time they've sent me a game in a box since Tales of Xillia :D
Check your fedex tracking info, mine said "10x7x4 in. 2LB"

zroid

Banned
I've had pretty good luck with bubble mailers in the past, but I'm always paranoid. Game is out for delivery, so we'll see in a couple hours...

Picked up my CE from Best Buy during lunch and started playing right away. Less than an hour in and I already think I'm in love. Only thing that I don't like is the whole "You can buy SP pots for real money!" No, screw off Square, this is not an iPhone game. But I'm pretty sure I can ignore that, because everything else is just so dang awesome.

RPG

Just got back from picking up my CE from Best Buy. Got there early because I was fearful of pick issues and, lo and behold, I was right. 8 CE preorders, all of them picked incorrectly as the regular edition. Thankfully I was the first one to pick mine up so they remedied the error before they were put out on the floor.

But, good lord is the CE box huge; I wonder if that's why it got overlooked, it doesn't even look like a 3DS game. Can't wait to get home tonight to dive into it.

Mothman91

Going to pick a copy up after work. Can't wait! Haven't played a jrpg in a while, and I've even craving to play for some time.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Just picked up my copy.

Can't wait for Square to be taken by surprise by the NA sales. Make a good game and people will buy it.

That said they'll just view it as an opportunity loss. Why make Bravely Default when you can have those resources make 10 iOS games?

JLeack

Banned
Just picked up my copy.

Can't wait for Square to be taken by surprise by the NA sales. Make a good game and people will buy it.

That said they'll just view it as an opportunity loss. Why make Bravely Default when you can have those resources make 10 iOS games.

This makes me so sad. It's almost like making good games just to make a good game is a thing of the past...

terrisus

Random silly question - is there any way to get the view of the town on the top screen while walking around to stop zooming way out when you stop moving for a few seconds?
It's really annoying to put the game down for a few seconds and have it zoom way out like that, and then when I go back to the game and move again to have it zoom back in.

Gvaz

Banned
Finally got my CE from Best Buy. They had 6 total, with 2 being out on the floor. They also had 2 regular copies.

I would still call around. I saw 2 on the floor, but when I checked the website, it was saying unavailable.

Just as a thing:

Best Buy's site is not up to date on stock. It's updated like, either once a day or once a week when shipments come in.

As for the amounts in store, as I've worked at best buy, they're really not allowed to tell you how much they have in stock, specifically. It's a big nono actually.

Top Bottom