• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
Just saw frank Sidebottom at the bottom of that Reading 94 poster :(

Did you know there's a forthcoming movie roughly based on Chris Sievey's life? It's written by Jon Ronson (who used to be a member of his Frank's big band.)

N2ST

It's Michael Fassbender wearing the head.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Haha I was like that in a band in college and I formed a good friendship with the bassist and he taught me some slap until eventually I'd say I'd surpassed him in funk, it wasn't tense or anything but it ended up with us having to kick him out because he became so unreliable that I ended up filling in for him at practises.. Which meant he couldn't do our final assessment..

Oh and I hate my generation, I wish I'd been born ten years earlier, people now just suck, they're all parading around with there beats headphones in their chinos listening to N-Dubz and then the people who are how you described are such outcasts that they don't even bother trying to get out there, instead they stay in bitter... That's my view.. I'm one of them I guess, I'm not really an outcast but I never go to gigs because they're just full of these dickheads

Jesus that's a depressing way to look at it ..

There must be some cool kids somewhere. probably in their bedrooms!

True story - my headphones broke last year and this little spotty work experience kid told me to go buy some Beats headphones and I laughed in his face. "But they're cool!" he said. "That," I replied "is the problem"

It's all about finding your own niche. There are probably tons of great venues down your way (in fact I saw Naked and Famous at some awesome club a couple of years back in Pompey and it was great). Go see some shitty bands and dance like a twat. It rocks. There will always be affluent shiny people ho want to borrow a taste of the authentic, us greebs need to find our own dark holes to hang out in and get the cool stuff before they ruin it :)

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
There must be some cool kids somewhere. probably in their bedrooms!

True story - my headphones broke last year and this little spotty work experience kid told me to go buy some Beats headphones and I laughed in his face. "But they're cool!" he said. "That," I replied "is the problem"

It's all about finding your own niche. There are probably tons of great venues down your way (in fact I saw Naked and Famous at some awesome club a couple of years back in Pompey and it was great). Go see some shitty bands and dance like a twat. It rocks. There will always be affluent shiny people ho want to borrow a taste of the authentic, us greebs need to find our own dark holes to hang out in and get the cool stuff before they ruin it :)
Haha you, just like me ;)

lol at the beats and I know, I have been looking around but I haven't got anyone to explore with yet but I did see a band the other day that was pretty good, fuck knows where I was though

In other news I just got off the Gosport ferry
20130123_120853.jpg

Pretty pricey for how long the journey took but I can't complain

Meh, save your money or go to a one dayer/all nighter dance festival type thing.

I've been to plenty of gigs, so yeah, I haven't missed anything. Well, nothing I'm particularly fussed about missing anyway. I always hated camping. :p

you're fast approaching the age where you're going to be the oldest person there. enjoy it while you can.

You know, if festivals still had line-ups like the ones posted last page, it'd be a priority for this reason, but fuck it, I'm not doing it "just coz" and having Kasabian as a headliner or some shit.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I've been to plenty of gigs, so yeah, I haven't missed anything. Well, nothing I'm particularly fussed about missing anyway. I always hated camping. :p

B-but the magic of having your shoes nicked! The never-ending shouts of 'Bollocks' pinging around the campsite! The portaloos overflowing with fecal matter! The porta-showers overflowing with fecal matter! Camping-Gaz assisted fry-ups! The misery of the guy camping opposite with a guitar strumming really bad Hendrix! The ecstasy of when his guitar gets nicked! The funk of hormones, sweat, Carlsberg and cowpats! You're missing out!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I was once tempted to go to Glastonbury, not for the music, but to see if I could camp there without losing half my stuff to the mud.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
B-but the magic of having your shoes nicked! The never-ending shouts of 'Bollocks' pinging around the campsite! The portaloos overflowing with fecal matter! The porta-showers overflowing with fecal matter! Camping-Gaz assisted fry-ups! The misery of the guy camping opposite with a guitar strumming really bad Hendrix! The ecstasy of when his guitar gets nicked! The funk of hormones, sweat, Carlsberg and cowpats! You're missing out!

I miss the shouts of Bollocks, that's so heart warming. In 2001 I swear my mate started a new one based on Timmy from South Park. We got there on the wednesday and he was yelling it from minute one. It was funny on the sunday to hear a rolling sound of "Timmmmmmmmyy!!" surging through the camp.

Also, the feeling when you get a Bollocks wave started yourself is amazing.

Chinner

Banned
also yeah festivals are shit and overrated and full of children. if you have to go, just pick the best day and go for that day. don't do camping out its white as shit

Darren870

Never been to a festival really. Well not a multiday one.

I've been to Ozzfest a few times, but nothing with more then one day.

You're making a strong argument... just not in the direction you intended. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Looked up my local music playing venus. I haven't heard of half of these bands.

Also I can't be BNP, I don't even have a British passport at the mo.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Fucking yes Louis CK at Hammersmith tickets! Now I need to get to London and stay somewhere.

Only got a few runs in today, it was too snowy!

My first fest was Download 2009, I wouldn't bother with any of the others.

Than REM thing is odd but I like it.

And uh, welcome more Juniors!

daviyoung

Banned
V Festival 1999 broke my cherry. It lowered me into the scene nicely.

All the greats were there: Gomez, Travis, Cast and Suede.

I mean Orbital, DJ Shadow, Death in Vegas and Lamb

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
lol, i didnt notice that...

Ahh man im really in the radiohead mood, what are some good songs to learn on an acoustic? I already know creep, my iron lung and a bit of Go To Sleep..

Street Spirit is the campfire classic imo. The John Mayer version of Kid A is quite nice on the guitar too.

f0rk

Another price drop?

No they just dropped loads of game bombs. They probably don't have anything left for E3 but I guess people will be concerned with actual next gen at that point.

There's a Monster Hunter with mechs game lol

sales are shit in UK for Wii U and its games so they need do something
It only came out in November they could wait till E3 if it wasn't going to be so crazy this year.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
hey jedeye how old us your atease forum account?

I don't actually go there (single band websites are weird) but I used to go there all the time in around 1998 when kid A was just known as LP4. I remember when the first recording of Pyramid Song leaked in August 1999 and we all called it Nothing to Fear.

Trufax.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
No they just dropped loads of game bombs. They probably don't have anything left for E3 but I guess people will be concerned with actual next gen at that point.

There's a Monster Hunter with mechs game lol

It only came out in November they could wait till E3 if it wasn't going to be so crazy this year.

Hey guise we know your all excited about the next next gen stuff, but pay attention to our now obsolete console. You still need something to tide you over till the Xbox comes out, right? Riiiite guise??

Nah, best to drop all their bombs now while some folks still care. It's gonna be all about next gen come may.

I doubt we'll see a next-gen game that looks as interesting as Monolith's new game at E3. But, you know, keep that dream alive!

They're saving the big guns for E3, they said so themselves. Smash, Mario, Mario Kart. Nothing that'll interest you crusty lot, sure.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People talk about the lack of games for the WiiU, but it's got more games on the shelves than either the PS4 or the XBox3!

Wind Waker HD was probably the least interesting thing they showed.

Wait, there was that Wii Party sequel. Ugh. OK, second least interesting.

f0rk

They're saving the big guns for E3, they said so themselves. Smash, Mario, Mario Kart. Nothing that'll interest you crusty lot, sure.

People get excited for them but they are hardly surprises. It will be interesting what the new platformer looks like but Smash and Mario Kart... come on. And I like Smash.

And half of these announcements seem to be way earlier than Nintendo is usually comfortable with. Like Wind Waker, they say sorry the new Zelda is ages away here are some stills that don't even look as pretty as the Dolphin emulators.

People get excited for them but they are hardly surprises. It will be interesting what the new platformer looks like but Smash and Mario Kart... come on. And I like Smash.

And half of these announcements seem to be way earlier than Nintendo is usually comfortable with. Like Wind Waker, they say sorry the new Zelda is ages away here are some stills that don't even look as pretty as the Dolphin emulators.

It was pretty early, that's for sure. No trailers for WWHD or SMTxFire Emblem wasn't fun, and that Bayonetta development video seemed unnecessary.

Still, at least Monolith had a fair bit to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom