• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know there's a forthcoming movie roughly based on Chris Sievey's life? It's written by Jon Ronson (who used to be a member of his Frank's big band.)

N2ST

It's Michael Fassbender wearing the head.

Only just saw this somehow but yes, I'm looking forward to it.

Fake edit: Woohoo, Frank Sidebottom at the top of two pages of BritGAF.

Chinner

Banned
after looking, they've ruined the look of the original WW. rest of it is decent first party support if you still like Nintendo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's an experiment they decided to release rather than keep on their HDs.

But yeah, I though we were over the whole HD = Bloom era. At least it's not brown (though his sleeves are)

Mikeside

There must be some cool kids somewhere. probably in their bedrooms!

True story - my headphones broke last year and this little spotty work experience kid told me to go buy some Beats headphones and I laughed in his face. "But they're cool!" he said. "That," I replied "is the problem"

It's all about finding your own niche. There are probably tons of great venues down your way (in fact I saw Naked and Famous at some awesome club a couple of years back in Pompey and it was great). Go see some shitty bands and dance like a twat. It rocks. There will always be affluent shiny people ho want to borrow a taste of the authentic, us greebs need to find our own dark holes to hang out in and get the cool stuff before they ruin it :)

This is exactly the problem I have right now.

I don't know any decent venues around here anymore, and NONE of my friends like the same music I do anymore.

SKINNER!

Banned
Probably I know I'm gonna regret it but I'll give that Louis CK gig a pass. Especially since a good few Britgaffers will be attending. Really wished he came up north :/

Mikeside

I was once tempted to go to Glastonbury, not for the music, but to see if I could camp there without losing half my stuff to the mud.

I've been to Glastonbury twice (2008 and 2009) and it got a bit muddy - but camping was fine & they put walkways all over the place everywhere else, so it wasn't that bad at all.

I can't believe it's been so long since I went to Glastonbury. Such a great festival.

Whaa? Im on 100ppp..whats wraaang with that?

Know.
That.
Feel.

Bro

I'm sure we've all had this discussion to death, but music do you listen to?
Top 10 bands, go.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Nintendo systems and games..

Yawn.jpg

Sure i loved the systems till the N64. Then i grew pubes and moved on to real consoles.

Hystzen

Meh Nintendo games hold no interest over me anymore bored of Marios and Skyward Sword bored me of Zelda games heck if use Dolphin WW is in HD already

SmokyDave

KP keepin' it real.

The fact that so many people are happy to rebuy their Nintendo ROMs is hurting my head. They honestly don't seem to realise they're being fucked over.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This is exactly the problem I have right now.

I don't know any decent venues around here anymore, and NONE of my friends like the same music I do anymore.

Well there's not much in ash seeing as its a black hole of nothingness, but there's the westy in aldershot and boileroom in Guildford and there's usually a few interesting looking bands playing in a given week. Plus you can drive, the south is your oyster man!

If you fancy going to see something hit me up, I should leave my house a bit more.

Mikeside

Well there's not much in ash seeing as its a black hole of nothingness, but there's the westy in aldershot and boileroom in Guildford and there's usually a few interesting looking bands playing in a given week. Plus you can drive, the south is your oyster man!

If you fancy going to see something hit me up, I should leave my house a bit more.

This is true - I need to just get out there and get into a scene.
I'll be up for pretty much any local gigs anytime from next payday

I'll give you a shout if I'm going to anything.

Likelihood of uncovering some quirky act like a Tegan & Sara, except one of them is not a lesbian and into me? I've always wanted to date a musician.

Is there a summary of everything they announced?

-3D Mario/Mario Kart/Smash will be at E3 (shock)
-Virtual Console coming to Wii U, reduced prices on games you already bought on Wii (still ugh, I'll just keep my Wii)
-New Yoshi game; 2D, looks identical to Kirby's Epic Yarn
-New Monolithsoft game; looks like Xenoblade with obvious graphical upgrade and some sort of multiplayer. Insane scale, mechs.
-Fire Emblem crossing over with Shin Megami Tensei (not Persona)
-Wind Waker HD this year, looks weird
-Miiverse/OS updates forthcoming

And, most importantly of all, Kamiya is back. I don't give a fuck what you think about Nintendo's games, but if you aren't interested in what Platinum are bringing, I don't want to know you.

Hystzen

And, most importantly of all, Kamiya is back. I don't give a fuck what you think about Nintendo's games, but if you aren't interested in what Platinum are bringing, I don't want to know you.

The only thing i care about but not enough to spend on another door stop like the Wii is at moment. I want my Bayonetta 2 but not crazy enough to buy console for it plus I still waiting for the day it gets a super turbo edition port the meltdown in the threads will be glorious.

The only thing i care about but not enough to spend on another door stop like the Wii is at moment. I want my Bayonetta 2 but not crazy enough to buy console for it plus I still waiting for the day it gets a super turbo edition port the meltdown in the threads will be glorious.

Nintendo is helping to fund this game. It will never ever be ported.

Ever.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Top 10 bands, go.

I know you asked Tash but I'm gonna answer this too since I don't think I've ever tried to list my favourite bands. As a compulsive fan of the new, I find it a hard question to answer - do I choose the evergreen classics that I always return to? Do I choose acts where, even though I only have one record, it affected me profoundly? Do I include new bands where I don't know if they'll have staying power??

Questions questions. Here goes:

Los Campesinos!
Slow Club
Smashing Pumpkins
Nirvana
Radiohead
Conor Oberst (Bright eyes, Desaparecidos, Monsters of Folk)
Jonah Matranga (Far, Onelinedrawing, New End Original... maybe not Gratitude though)
Reuben
Titus Andronicus
Neutral Milk Hotel

Godamn that was hard! Quite a conventional indie boy list really. It's maybe more revealing to choose 10 more bands after that. Nothing really heavy in there, only a couple of girls, and some like Radiohead, Nirvana and the Pumpkins are givens because they've stayed with me my whole life, even though their relevance might wax and wane over time.

I've had an idea in my head for ages about putting together a best-of compilation for every year in my collection, I will have to get to it one day. Love making mixtapes...

oh actually as I typed that last sentence I had an idea. How would you guys feel about doing a mixtape exchange? We did it a few years back and it was awesome fun, and I think there's enough of us here with similar tastes that it could work really well. Last time we made physical disks and sent them out but tbh it was a bit of a pain in the arse, but sharing some zip files could be fun.

Any takers?

Hystzen

Nintendo is helping to fund this game. It will never ever be ported.

Ever.

Nintendo helped produce NG3 that already been ported

Then again im a pessimist over Bayo2 i really don't think they can do better then the first or replicate the feeling of the game. It one game never really wanted a sequel too the meltdown was funny but people championing the game as the second coming of jesus when they talk about Wii U is getting old

f0rk

I've had an idea in my head for ages about putting together a best-of compilation for every year in my collection, I will have to get to it one day. Love making mixtapes...

oh actually as I typed that last sentence I had an idea. How would you guys feel about doing a mixtape exchange? We did it a few years back and it was awesome fun, and I think there's enough of us here with similar tastes that it could work really well. Last time we made physical disks and sent them out but tbh it was a bit of a pain in the arse, but sharing some zip files could be fun.

Any takers?
Yeah that's a good idea. How would we exchange them?
Last time we did lists you started doing psychoanalysis shit on everyone. And I pissed Meadows off.

This weeks Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents chick is fineeeee. Dudes a waster but he seems alright.

SKINNER!

Banned
The fact that so many people are happy to rebuy their Nintendo ROMs is hurting my head. They honestly don't seem to realise they're being fucked over.

It is pretty ridiculous that they have to re-buy all their Roms but apart from that it's quite a good announcement. I'm curious to see the new Smash Bros. turns out as Brawl was such a dissapointment for me.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Top 10 bands, go.

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
-Incubus(Current Favourite)
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Foo Fighters
-Avenged Sevenfold
-Radiohead
-Five Finger Death Punch
-Audioslave
-Deftones(Love the new album)
-Pearl Jam
-Porcupine Tree

Some are frowned upon by many GAFers, but it's what i like

I also like Hendrix quite alot, that's just what I've had on my phone for the past couple weeks or so..oh and kudos on Smashing Pumpkins Jed!

Any takers?

could be awesome!!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I know you asked Tash but I'm gonna answer this too since I don't think I've ever tried to list my favourite bands. As a compulsive fan of the new, I find it a hard question to answer - do I choose the evergreen classics that I always return to? Do I choose acts where, even though I only have one record, it affected me profoundly? Do I include new bands where I don't know if they'll have staying power??

Los Campesinos!
Slow Club
Smashing Pumpkins
Nirvana
Radiohead
Jonah Matranga (Far, Onelinedrawing, New End Original... maybe not Gratitude though)
Reuben
Titus Andronicus
Neutral Milk Hotel

Godamn that was hard! Quite a conventional indie boy list really. It's maybe more revealing to choose 10 more bands after that. Nothing really heavy in there, only a couple of girls, and some like Radiohead, Nirvana and the Pumpkins are givens because they've stayed with me my whole life, even though their relevance might wax and wane over time.

Any takers?
You've got a lot of great stuff in there and I like most if not all of those bands. But personally I feel like Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Neutral Milk Hotel and Conor Oberst would be relegated my 'Nostalgia' category. Don't get me wrong, they were amazing and their initial work still is but they are either non-existent in modern day (Nirviana), undeserving of their name (looking @ SP here, billy is a cunt and I feel everything post Adore has been a complete divorce from their roots and sounds like garbage) or haven't really ever reclaimed the heights of their initial greatness to my ears (NMH + Conor).

Hystzen

I'm impressed how many gaming sites are jumping on the Prince Harry quote about playing games trained his thumbs making him pilot choppers better. They also getting the complete wrong end of the stick with the quote also making it sound worse then it is

(could be my prince harry bias though)

Mikeside

Los Campesinos!
Slow Club
Smashing Pumpkins
Nirvana
Radiohead
Reuben
Titus Andronicus
Neutral Milk Hotel

Any takers?

Fuck it, if you're doing it, I get to too.

Radiohead
Tegan & Sara
The Shins
Jimmy Eat World
Death Cab for Cutie
Say Anything (essentially just for their early, angsty stuff and "Is A Real Boy". All the later stuff after In Defense of the Genre turns me off like genital warts)
Bright Eyes (I'm not cheating like Jedeye - just one band.)
Brand New
Sigur Rós
Jack's Mannequin/Something Corporate (OK, cheating a little - they're both Andrew McMahon bands)

I'd be incredibly up for a mixtape swap. If we're doing it with digital files, then we might as well just have a pool of them and all take everybody's?

I think custom artwork should be mandatory, just for the fuck of it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah that's a good idea. How would we exchange them?
Last time we did lists you started doing psychoanalysis shit on everyone. And I pissed Meadows off.

Last time we just zipped the MP3s up and stuck them on a filesharing site like dropbox or similar.

And learning about an individual through their mixtapes is half the fun :) I already feel I know a great deal about Subliminal and Charmicarmicat from their mixes last time.

And y'all can analyse me as much as you like, I won't get upset. Much.

-3D Mario/Mario Kart/Smash will be at E3 (shock)
-Virtual Console coming to Wii U, reduced prices on games you already bought on Wii (still ugh, I'll just keep my Wii)
-New Yoshi game; 2D, looks identical to Kirby's Epic Yarn
-New Monolithsoft game; looks like Xenoblade with obvious graphical upgrade and some sort of multiplayer. Insane scale, mechs.
-Fire Emblem crossing over with Shin Megami Tensei (not Persona)
-Wind Waker HD this year, looks weird
-Miiverse/OS updates forthcoming

Looks shit.

Also on a related note to the WiiU stuff I love when GAF goes crazy over a Japanese game with a utterly long winded title, the image of someone saying it out loud with enthusiasm amuses me. I'm sure there's a scene in the Simpsons like this.

Mikeside

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
-Incubus(Current Favourite)
-Red Hot Chili Peppers
-Foo Fighters
-Avenged Sevenfold
-Radiohead
-Five Finger Death Punch
-Audioslave
-Deftones(Love the new album)
-Pearl Jam
-Porcupine Tree

Some are frowned upon by many GAFers, but it's what i like

I also like Hendrix quite alot, that's just what I've had on my phone for the past couple weeks or so..oh and kudos on Smashing Pumpkins Jed!

could be awesome!!

I can't find a way to enjoy Avenged Sevenfold, but I like a lot of the stuff on your list. Kudos on Radiohead - favourite album?

Looks shit.

Also on a related note to the WiiU stuff I love when GAF goes crazy over a Japanese game with a utterly long winded title, the image of someone saying it out loud with enthusiasm amuses me. I'm sure there's a scene in the Simpsons like this.

That's not even a long-winded title.

Chinner

Banned
It looks like the cover will be Link with an orange flare on his belt and the rest black and white. Then Kentpaul might like it.

add guns and pointless violence to a game and kentpaul will proclaim it's 10/10 while adding shitty house music from the 90s to his montage videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom